Lowest prices for your stay
US$224
PricelineUS$224
Official HotelUS$224
eDreamsUS$224
1,900 results
All reviews golf course high tea afternoon tea ytl hotels jim thompson tea room the main road road noise cameron highlands pangkor laut resort japanese restaurant ytl group colonial feel strawberries steamboat dinner light sleeper hotel is beautiful f b
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. Looks very impressive from the outside and in the lobby areas, but the standards drop once you get to your room.
The room was not cleaned properly throughout our stay, we noticed a couple of cobwebs complete with spiders on the ceiling, when we arrived, and they remained there until we left, and are probably still there now!
There was also a lot of dust under the sink area in the bathroom.
There is no wifi in the actual rooms which is quite inconvenient.
The bathroom was too small and quite dark.
The lights in the room had to be switched off individually, with no masterswitch, which was quite a pain at night.
Could not sleep throughout our stay due to the noise from traffic.
Breakfast was very limited choice and very basic.
Dinner was not enjoyable and well overpriced.
Ate at Golfer's Cafe across the road on the second night which was much more enjoyable and a lot better value for money.
Did not enjoy our stay here, couldn't wait to leave!

Date of stay: December 2012
Ilario B, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Greetings from all of us at Cameron Highlands Resort. We would like to apologized because we did not furfill your expectations during your staying at the resort.Thank you very much for your feedback wich we value very much and they will allow us to improuve on the points you have highlighted. We would like to thank you for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kindly regards Ilario

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Nick and I were very pleasantly surprised by CHR. It is a fine hotel from the colonial era (top quality in every way), It has its weaknesses but all in all we will definitely revisit CHR if we are up in Cameron Highlands again.

I would like to take this opportunity to complement the security guards, Saiful (thank you so much for the fire lighting ceremony that was really fun we were very pleasantly surprised), the elephant boy (thank you for the turn down service, roses and cloth elephant), the staff from the world first class SPA (Crystal, Wati, Prima, Arik, Triwi, Cheng and Eva) and Stephen the pianist.

Karen Yap (stayed on the 5th and 6th of Dec 2012)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JOY_KAREN_YAP

Greetings from all of us at Cameron Highlands Resort. Thank you very much for your excellent review, we are really pleased we furfill your expectation by delivering our personlaized service during your holiday. We would like to thank you for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Kindly regards Ilario

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Only had time for a 2d1n getaway juz the past weekend. Was travelling solo and honestly if not or the resort, I wouldn't take the chance of getting caught in the massive jam (my bus ride from Singapore took 11 hours to reach - usually it's about 8 hours)!

It's my first time staying at a YTL property, much less of a SLH. So expectations were not high at all. But yes. Cameron Highlands Resort (CHR) has surpassed all my expectations.

As I was early and the room was not ready, I decided on the visit to the main branch of the BOH tea plantation. Granted, the view here was not as panoramic as the branch, but definitely much less crowded and touristy.

Going back to the hotel, without having to say my name, the front office manager, Allan, could greet me with my last name. And as I walked over to the reception counter, Fatin (one of the front desk staff) was also able to identify me without me saying a word. Of course one may think that coz they're not having a lot of guests hence the memory, but no. The resort was quite crowded during this festive period. Probably coz I was one of the only (if not few) solo travellers. =P

The room was big (canopy bed with an armchair and sofa and coffee table in the room!) and comfortable. There was also a balcony facing the golf course. Of course, like everyone else who reviewed. It is by the main road and could get quite noisy at times, but perhaps being the heavy sleeper I was, the noise was nothing that a bit of alcohol couldn't cover! =D

Had afternoon tea in the Jim Thompson tea room and dinner at Gonbei Japanese Restaurant. No doubt the food standards were juz so-so. But if comparatively to a Singapore standard, it's definitely cheaper and of similar standards as some restaurants.

Wait staff were polite and the manager (an Indian guy whose name I didn't manage to catch) was wonderful. As a solo traveller, I'm quite used to getting snubbed at (in some places!) or that I wasn't a priority. Well. CHR has no intentions of doing that. Be it in the tea room or Jap restaurant, I was well looked after (having my pot of tea refilled 4 times - without me trying to catch anyone's attention and juz coz they noticed my tea was getting cold. *thumbz up*)

There's an Italian man (whom I assume is of higher authority - GM or somewhat? - coz no name badge) who's walking around and interacting with the guests. And unlike the previous reviewer, he did stop by a couple of times (in different parts of the resort) and said hi and asked of things. I'm not quite used to this style of treatment in places I've stayed at. So I muz say I was quite taken aback but seriously? There's no doubt that service was at its best and genuine concern were shown regarding feedbacks given.

All in all, a fantastic place to getaway to (most definitely so if you're part of a couple =P) and no doubt the noise was a con factor, the service, the view, my room and the rooms within the resort which I spent much time in (library/reading room - which by the way has a real fireplace that was lit in the evenings till late, dining room, tea room) were way beyond mmy expectations and contributed much to a more than pleasant stay in what I hope will be many more YTL/SLH hotels to come!

2  Thank starzdevil
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Stayed in the resort for 3 days, 2 nights. Below are the pros and cons on the resort.

Pros
1) Lovely room
2) Not far from Tanah Rita town (walkable)
3) Nice resort (eg lobby, etc)
4) Very good spa. Therapist was very good and the spa was well worth it.
5) Staff is helpful and try to accomodate. I asked for one with a nice view prior to my arrival and they gave me one with the roof (eg no view). I wasnt very pleased. I asked for a change and the staff made efforts to meet my request for the subsequent night ; which I appreciate since they are running full house.

Cons
1) Too near the main road. Noisy... I was woken by the noise of a big vehicle speeding down the road. Slept with ear plugs.
2) Too near the main road. When I went out to the balcony, the air is not fresh - it smells like diesel. This was in the afternoon. The day when I arrived, it was ok.
3) Food is really so-so. Given the prices, the food quality is really not up to standard. You got to try it to know. Ate at both restaurants and both times - I was terribly underwhelmed.
4) The manager in the black suit appears to only talk to families. I was a solo traveller. Though it didnt bother me much. But I was surprised and found it rather odd nonetheless.
5) Room view faces the road. Road can get rather busy. The day I was leaving, it was bumper to bumper with cars. Not a pleasant view.

Next on Cameron Highlands
Worth visiting : Boh Tea plantation, the farms, the mossy forest/Gunung Brinchang.
Can give it a miss : the night market (stalls selling more or less the same stuff), strawberry farms (no longer planted on the ground but in rows of pots).

Basically if you go during December aka peak season (which was what I did), the car ride down from Cameron Highlands to Ipoh airport was a whopping 3 hour.. due to the jams between Tanah Rata and Gunung Brinchang and Kea Farm areas.

To recap on Cameron Highlands Resort, unlikely I will stay there again. Largely due to the location. My purpose to Cameron Highlands was for the weather, the green, the air. Whilst the room is rather good, the surroundings is not.

Room tip: You cant escape from the noise. I read all the reviews here and thought I wouldnt be affected. I was wrong. Neither can you escape from the diesel smell on a "busy road" day.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Ilario B, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2012

Greetings from all of us at Cameron Highlands Resort. Thank you very much for your feedback wich we value very much and they will allow us to improuve on the points you have highlighted.

Kindly regards
Ilario Botta

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Was a road trip up to malaysia. Hotel was a good place to rest and relax. Food not a problem for the non-fussy. Ample parking. Chinese steamboat food avaliable in the hotel resturant.
Security guards around the hotel as well.

Room tip: Ask for a valley view. It's more cooler.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank surfsgan
Ilario B, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

Greetings from all of us at Cameron Highlands Resort. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciated you had some relax time in our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kindly regards