Lowest prices for your stay
US$157
Free cancellation until 03/11/21
US$217
Free cancellation until 03/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$147
Hotels.comUS$157
Trip.comUS$176
Official HotelUS$217
1,893 results
All reviews golf course spa village gonbei restaurant tea bath high tea afternoon tea jim thompson tea room the main road pangkor laut road noise cameron highlands japanese restaurant trail walk ytl group colonial hotel steamboat restaurant colonial feel
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed at CHR from the 26th to the 28th of January 2013 and we thoroughly enjoyed the resort. The deluxe rooms are huge with a separate sitting area and a king sized 4 poster bed (very romantic) but the only thing wanting is their bathroom- no bathtubs! Their sister resort, Pangkor Laut Resort had a huge one.

Breakfast was really good and is not buffet styled but rather a cascade styled breakfast i.e. you can order any hotmeals available from poached eggs with hollandaise sauce to Malaysian fried noodles.

We thought the dinner was overpriced and our sirloin steak was a little too "fatty" and should have been presented and plated better. For the price of the dinner (2 adults- appetiser and mains and a glass of house wine each plus one kid's meal- bill was RM403), we expected a little bit more. Nevertheless, service was excellent and the servers addressed us by name. Perhaps it would have been better had we taken the Resident's Package which included all meals.

We also had the couple spa experience which was really relaxing. Since we travelled with 2 young kids, the hotel was most accommodating and even arranged for baby sitting services while we enjoyed our spa experience.

In conclusion, the service was really good, as expected of any luxury YTL hotel. It is really a fantastic place to unwind.

Tip: They get their supply of the best Strawberries in Cameron Highlands from Rajoo's Hill so you may even arrange for the resort to contact Rajoo to deliver his best strawberries directly to your hotel room.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Ilario B, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Greetings from all of us at Cameron Highlands Resort. Thank you very much for your excellent review, we are really pleased we furfill your expectation by delivering our personlaized service during your holiday. We would like to thank you for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We visited this hotel during our honeymoon and the staff went out of their way to treat us like loyalty.

The spa was just fantastic ! The rooms were lovely, big, clean and really comfortable

If you want a quiet get away or a romantic break, this is definitly the hotel to visit

The breakfast spread is lovely ! You have to ty the frsh strawberry waffles

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tashavella
Ilario B, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I visited following a family wedding in Kuala Lumpar- it was blissful to be in the cooler climate of the Highlands with a more relaxed pace of life.

The setting and ambience of the hotel is fabulous - with great attention to detail and care from all the colleagues. A beautiful and relaxing retreat - which is only marred when outside by the noise from the adjacent road. However given issues with road infrastructure when off the beaten track in the Highlands, as demonstrated when visiting the BOH tea plantations, then being on the main artery through the Highlands becomes a distinct advantage.

We highly recommend the Japanese restaurant located in the hotel.

Walking the forest trails through the forest is exhilarating but only for the experienced, fit and adventurous - once inside the forest sighting is impossible without excellent map reading skills, compass work or a guide.

Enjoy!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank debbiebp

Reviewed 21 January 2013

I was really quite disappointed . The rooms were lovely and large but the sheets and 2 of the 4 pillow cases where grubby and looked like they had been used. The bolster cover was marked and could have done with a wash. There was no loo paper either and the role down blinds where broken. The main road outside meant a noisey night. Stuff were friendly enough but never send good morning or good evening and lacked any initiative. The breakfast choice was very odd . No buffet and wired over the top creams and sauces and just 3 fruits on the fruit platter - no strawberries in this strawberry growing area. Sorry but really needs to try harder not just rest on their name. Would not go again unless they pull their socks up and provide a better stay and better housekeeping.

1  Thank Jasper2cats
Ilario B, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Greetings from all of us at Cameron Highlands Resort. We would like to apologized because we did not furfill your expectations during your staying at the resort.Thank you very much for your feedback wich we value very much and they will allow us to improuve on the points you have highlighted. We would like to thank you for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Wanted a get away retreat to do some reflections and reading. Decided to travel on the first day of the year!

Check in was nice, with a warm cup of tea and after 2 hours of winding road travel.
It was nice to sit on the couch and to be attended to.

The front desk manager, Allan was attentive! I told him of my plans for the stay, what I'm going to do and he quickly arrange for the AweSome Naturalist Madi (super knowledgable) to bring me out for the Jim Thompson tour! This is because Madi will be away on leave for supposedly the next 2 days! Please do not miss the tour!
Allan pack me some snacks as I'll be skipping my lunch or tea!

Allan also arranged my spa timing as well as a tour of the place via taxi. He highly recommemed Mossy forest (even though I really want to stay in the hotel) as well as Boh Tea plantation.

I enjoyed the scenary of the Mossy forest it's really nice!!!! Thanks Allan! Enjoyed sipping tea at Boh Tea Plantation!

Carmeron Highland resort is super nice! I stayed at the first level. And yes, i was rudely awoken up once during an afternoon nap by the sound of a speeding motorcycle. Thank God it's the not so peak season, and at night I wasn't awaken by any noise and have a good sleep! I guess, its the location and speaking to the staff, they told me that the management is seriously looking at ways to solve the issue.

The room is really cosy! Cooling and the turn down was nice ( I was looking forward to the elephant towel for the turn down service after hearing reviews! )

Toilet although no bathtube was good enough.

I love the library and the fireplace! I spent lots of time either at the Jim thompson or library reading and it's really a pleasant place to either read a book or a quiet chat with your companion.

The service and the staff are all amazing! Breakfast is good! Cosy and warm! They serve coffee with warm milk! (not every place offers such a service)
You can tell the hotel treat their staff well as their staff have only good words to say of the hotel and YTL resorts!

Manager Ong was very nice and even packed me a take away lunch for my return trip!

Overall excellent service staff!

Even after a week of returning, I still reminisces over my stay there! 4 days is really not enough!

Will be most exciting to check out the next YTL resort!!! Although I must say I look forward to coming back here again!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank blurtravellerpei
Ilario B, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Ilario