We were there for the new year's long weekend and it was perfect! Service, food, decoration....everything. The resort exceeded my expectations and I will definitely be back soon.
RESORT: colonial house very beautifully decorated (with antique furniture) - spacious rooms, gym, spa, western/chinese restaurant and lobby/bar. Located in front of the golf, and 2 hours away from Ipoh airport (taxi will cost you 200myr). Close to the jungle/forest (walking distance), 20 min away with a taxi from BOH tea plantation (if no traffic). The hotel was very well decorated for the Christmas/New year holiday season.
FOOD: excellent a la carte Breakfast (pancake and waffles were excellent - see pictures), western lunch served at the bar/lobby (I tried the salad and pasta), nice afternoon tea (reasonably priced!), great steamboat at the Chinese restaurant for dinner (between 80-100 MYR per person including dessert).
SERVICE: awesome - staff was very friendly and helpful! Mr Gerard was particularly nice and patient, taking very well care of all the clients. For new year's eve, there was a live band and a countdown at the bar/lobby.The hotel organizes a (free) walk in the jungle for guests, with a guide (Mr Madi) who is very knowledgeable about the nature and local history.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst tea plantations and rolling hills, this boutique hideaway promises all the splendour, romance and nostalgia of Cameron Highlands’ grand colonial heritage.Tall French doors, timber-beamed ceilings and plantation shutters add colonial charm and a touch of nostalgia to our rooms.Enjoy a refreshing round of golf, a pink-cheeked ramble along jungle trails, or a leisurely walk through tea plantations and strawberry farms. To recover, you can have a cup of tea in the drawing room, or a tea bath at the Spa Village, or you may simply choose to spend the day curled up with a good book by the fireplace.Cameron Highlands Resort is situated on the largest hill retreat in Malaysia, surrounded by breathtaking scenery, lush greenery, rolling hills and Tudor-styled cottages. The luxurious boutique Resort features 56 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, and fronts Cameron Highlands' 18-hole golf course. It also houses the third wellness centre of the award-winning Spa Village group, which offers exotic treatments focusing on the healing and restorative properties of tea. Located in the state of Pahang, approximately 200 kilometres north of Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands is a beautiful holiday destination and the only place where you can find tea plantations and strawberries in Malaysia. At about 1,500 metres above sea level, it is the highest area on the mainland and enjoys a cool climate and fresh air, with temperatures ranging between 15° and 25° Celsius. Much of the character of the highlands remains unchanged since colonial times. It is endearingly known to some as the 'little corner of England in Asia'. The cool climate on the picturesque plateau and its surrounding hills and forest make this a popular retreat for golfing, jungle trekking and exploration of the many plantations and gardens. Cameron Highlands Resort is ideal all year round for families, honeymooners and holidaymakers out to satiate their appetites for trails, tales and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Cameron Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cameron Highlands Hotel Tanah Rata
- Cameron Highlands Resort Tanah Rata