“Amazing day out”

Tamar Valley Donkey Park
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I have an 11month old and a 8 year old and we all loved it, the indoor play was brilliant although it was pouring with rain and we couldn't use the outdoor play it was brilliant and would highly recommend for children who love to pet animals, we had teddy following us and kissing my 11month old son which made his day, we also met cherry who was so cute! The toddler bit was 11/10, the price is on the expensive side but it's a donkey sanctuary and all the hard work they do I can justify it....loved it and will be returning!!

1  Thank Jade L
"drop slide"
"animal sanctuary"
"free roaming"

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I always think long and hard before writing a negative review but I don't want other people to be as disappointed as we were. This isn't really a proper tourist attraction. They have quite some nerve charging nearly thirty pounds for four people, when in reality it's worth about a two pound entrance fee. I know it helps the rescue donkeys but if I was a donkey I wouldn't want to be rescued to be here. The small animal enclosures are awful and the place is tired and run down and there really isn't much to see. The cafe is over priced for what it is. The children's play area is ok but the friend I visited with, with a one year old felt it didn't look particularly wholesome. It would probably be better to charge a small entrance fee and ask for donations for the donkeys that way people wouldn't feel ripped off because we certainly did.

1  Thank quickdrawkatherine
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Went here with my partner and 6 year old daughter. Very friendly people and lovely to be up close and mingle with the animals and feed them. Indoor play area which is handy and our daughter enjoyed. Park outside but some of the climbing frames/bridges need a bit of attention and are a bit unsafe! Good day out but I think it is quite expensive for what it is.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I visited here the other day with my sister and our kids aged from 1 to 10. All that's here is an indoor play area which I'd say is suitable only for babies to primary school aged children and an outside park. There are also donkeys and goats which you can feed and groom and guinea pigs to hold. Although it's not that big we still had a great day. I think my 10 year old would have been bored on his own but as he had his cousin to play with they had a great time. We ate in the cafe and the food was nice and reasonably priced. I would definitely return as the entry cost is reasonable for what is there I think.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We visited the Donkey Sanctuary with our two grandchildren, aged 2 yrs and 21 months who had a great time. It has to be remembered that this is a donkey sanctuary and not a wildlife park. There are a few rabbits, guinea pigs and chickens to go with the donkeys.

Visiting the animals could be done in 30 minutes but the park benefits from an extensive outdoor play area as well as an indoor soft play area. Without this the park would not be worth the visit.

It is quite expensive fir what is there.