All reviews secluded beach khlong muang peaceful paradise thai food sitting area two nights air con krabi airport enjoyable stay other islands ao nang area per day hammocks tide thailand taxi bunglow
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

It does what it says on the can ,we wanted a quiet 3 days to get over jetlag
The rooms were functionable staff friendly a bit out of ghe way but thats what we wanted food excellent no need to go looking for restaurants

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank garyjar66b1
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

I am conflicted on how to rate my stay at Pine Bungalows. I read the reviews before booking my room and so I knew it was an out of the way, quiet kind of a place. Which, after traveling through Bangkok, Saigon, and Hanoi prior to heading south to the Thai beaches was exactly what I was looking for for my last few days abroad.
Let me start by saying that the food there was excellent. I already miss the coconut shakes, the papaya salad, and that wonderful beef curry dish. I would seriously consider staying there again for the food, some of the staff, and the virtual solitude of the place.
My room was the only real downside. The bathroom was in serious need of an upgrade and/or a good pressurewashing. The room smelled musty and was also a bit outdated. It was also sad to see how many units on the property were empty and clearing no longer being used.
But for the price it was a good bargain...and did I mention the food?!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank J S
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Original booked 2 nights and stayed 3, simple, quiet and away from.the action. Really need transport, the hotel rents out mopeds which is good. We would have stayed longer but needed to watch the super rugby semis so moved back in to Aonong. Its pretty much a 10-15 minute moped ride back to bars etc. The room we had was a fan room 2nd row and was fine. The Thai food was excellent and all food and drink is cheap. Beach is deserted and it is very quiet! Relax, kick back and enjoy the simple life. We will return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ballsy66
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

My second visit this year, this guest house is a world away from busy ao nang. Calm and relaxed atmosphere, it practically has its own private beach. The Thai food here is exceptional.
It makes sense to come by moped from ao nang as it is very isolated.
The atmosphere makes it easy to chat with other guests.
The bungalows are simple but comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Breizho
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Right on the beach and great swimming. It is quite far from anything else so would recommend hiring a motorbike which makes Ao Nang or even Klong Mueng beach very accessible. Rooms very clean and we had wifi (sometimes) in our room which was room number 1. Staff friendly. Restaurant food good but pricey. Airport transfer prices extravagant so would recommend going to Ao Nang from airport and hiring a bike from there. About a 10-15 min drive from there.

Room tip: We liked room no.1
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple