“Horrible staff and management”
Review of The Irish Rover - CLOSED

The Irish Rover
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: Irish, Mexican, Thai
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A/C escape the heat, LIVE MUSIC weeknights -international songs, great pub food- kitchen open till mid-night, all Live sports-multiple games shown live, ROOMS & APARTMENTS upstairs-Ao Nang Inn, draught beers, cider, cocktail, Drink Specials daily -Vodka Redbull
Reviewed 17 April 2015

Was excited when we found this place as it is tough to find off the main strip. Great look to the place - but they had no air conditioning on, and refused to turn it on for me and my family. Then they were out of Guinness! The manager was very unwelcoming and appeared to not want any business.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

Had a few drinks here with mates and its a good place for this. The food is so so and service, well it was OK. I like how this place is tucked away. It does get fairly lively. In all not bad.

Reviewed 14 December 2014

I traveled with a few soccer nuts, so it was always important to find somewhere to watch the game. We found the environment to be cozy and the staff to be extremely welcoming and friendly. Obviously there was the occasional language barrier, but nothing we couldn't figure out without some point and hand gestures. We enjoyed the food and had a blast shooting pool and playing darts! The band that played on one of the nights was a lot of fun and played anything we requested! We had a great time, but I must say I was traveling with amazing people who made pretty much any place great! The beer is expensive, but I drank magners most of the trip so I was use to expensive beer at this point. The location is very close to hotels and the beach as well!

AND for sports lovers, there is constantly sports playing and if you ask nicely there have no issue with putting on whatever game you are interested in! :)

Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

This is a nice little bar for a quiet drink. The interior looks irish and the bar itself looks french, so I will let you make up your own mind. Food looked and smelt delicious, but I didnt buy any, just had an expensive beer instead. Its completely different to omalleys so go for a look and make up you own mind, you will love it or you will hate it.

1  Thank Rex-Banner-2012
Reviewed 25 November 2014 via mobile

Went for some pub grub and were disappointed with both food and service, food was bland and staff just did not give a stuff. Very over priced, you would go there for some irish cider or stout thats about it if at all but I would just go to the makro buy some yourself and put it in the fridge.

1  Thank Bigsteve84