“Good Italian Food”

Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Azzurra is an authentic Italian restaurant, where you get anything’s you need to have a perfect "Italian Experience", away from Italy. We're creating a wide selection of homemade products, such like pastas (thirteen different kind!!!), pizzas, breads, desserts, fresh tomato sauce and many other delightfully specialties. The owner, Mr. Franco has been working in restaurants all over the country (Italy) since he was only thirteen years old, now he's almost forty-four and he build up Azzurra menu according to the experience he get in the last fourteen years passed in Ao Nang, always putting attention to dishes popularity and customer’s requests. Azzurra is located at the center of the Ao Nang Beach Promenade, very easy to find since the walking way is only 500 meter long. Franco and Azzurra's staff welcome you every days, come to visit us and try the Italian in our way...The Manager, Mr. Franco Russo.We also would like to inform our guest that we do not accept any kind of credit card, thank you.
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

If you would like a change from pad Thai, go to Azzurra on Ao Nang beach. The prices are more expensive than their competitors, but well cooked Italian food is a bit of a rarity in Thailand. It has an extensive drinks menu, and it has five types of grappa to choose from. The appetisers like the melanzane were delicious. The pastas cooked al dente were sensational. Did not try the dolce. But reports are that they were pretty good. We had appertivi, a bottle of Trebbiano and digestivi and two courses. It came in at Aud $100.00. In Oz we would have paid Aud $200.00. Bella manga.

2  Thank Terry52Brisbane

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Good but expensive pizza if you are tired of pad thai and miss western food. I disliked the fact that the dough became hard when cold (ambient temperature).

1  Thank Ricardo A
Reviewed 29 June 2017

This restaurant is located right on the main road opposite beach. They serve very good Italian food at reasonable price. We had ordered a vegetarian pizza and arrabiata pasta. This was one of the best pizza we had. Pasta was also very good.
The restaurant offers free WiFi but it was not working properly when we visited. But who needs WiFi when you have such a great food in front of you :)

Do visit the restaurant if you want authentic Italian in land of Thai food.

2  Thank atimak
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Felt the prices were on the high side....500 baht for Lasagna! House wine was v.poor. Pizza was v. good however and staff nice, so a mixed bag for us

1  Thank lost_farang
Reviewed 15 May 2017

We had the 500cc carafe of the house red to start. Very good. Then we shared a tuna vegetable salad. My wife had the semi cooked shrimp with a white sauce for her main entrée but this was actually from the appetizer menu. I had the lasagna with meat sauce. And then for dessert we had the banana cruspella. Oh, and the salad and dinner both came with a basket of bread as is Italian tradition. My mother was from Italy and I grew up eating homemade Italian food and I can say from experience that this was some of the best Italian food I have had from a restaurant in a long time. I have lived in Thailand now for 15 months after retiring so when I can get good Italian food I am extremely happy and I want to tell everyone. I highly recommend Azzurra in Ao Nang. Located right on the beach. Reasonably priced too. $$ Baht.

2  Thank beachbum070