Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,700 results
All reviews white elephant restaurant grand superior room beach front excellent location swim up bar fire show main pool big pool third floor thai massage pool view the main street railay beach welcome drink pools aonang thailand
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is showing it's age however the staff were very friendly and the hotel is close to the shops and restaurants.

The rooms are large however they smell quite musty. The air-conditioning is loud. Our toilet stopped working once and the toilet in the room where our kids were staying stopped working three times. The pool is large however the filter broke so the staff placed a portable filter directly at the bottom of our balcony stairs where it leaked yellow fluid we had to walk through every time we left the balcony. The food was average at best. The advertised bicycles were 200bt each (per day) to hire for guests, crazy as you can walk 20m to the street and hire a scooter/motorbike for less. I never saw a single bicycle rented the entire week we were there and yet it's something the hotel advertises quite strongly. The free wifi was not accessible in the guest rooms where we were. We would not stay at this hotel again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Pete L
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Pete L

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. We are deeply disappointed in not being able to accommodate you with a true hospitality experience and would like to sincerely apologize for the shortfalls in our services. We take all feedbacks seriously to improve our resort and its operations.

Again my apology for leaving you with such a negative impression of our resort and I hope we will get a chance to regain your confidence and show you the improvements in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

At the time we booked this hotel it was the highest rated left available in the area so didn't have much choice.
The WIFI here is terrible, they may as well not offer it. This proved difficult to research visits etc which we only had to do due to a last minute change in our itinerary.
Our deluxe double was two singles shoved together. I've known other hotels to do this but at least they add details like two bedside lamps and tables, this didn't happen here.
Breakfast wasn't very enjoyable, the room is nice with a great view but the food on offer is poor quality. My husband described the bacon as soggy pork scratchings.
The staff were friendly enough and were kind enough to look after our bags in the luggage room after check out. However the check in wasn't smooth running as both check in and check out time is 12, I can't see how this ever works. We arrived at 13:30 and room was not ready. There was also no real introduction to hotel or room just a lot of explanation and directing stood from behind the front desk and no site map.
Decor is out of date and it wouldn't take much to add a few touches to make the rooms more welcoming.
Overall I felt this hotel was expensive due to the lack of attention to detail

Room tip: If requesting a double room make sure you ask them not to shove two singles together.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Catty01

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the fact that we have not met entirely your expectations on your recent stay. I thank you for your feedback that allow us to constantly improve our resort.

Regarding your comments, please rest assured that I have taken action to remedy them as quick as possible. Your arrival experience, in face our check in time is 14.00 my however, I have addressed with my front office team to ensure that real explanation upon escorting to the room is in place.

In regards of wifi, we have increased access points in some certain area which found difficulty of access to WIFI, and other area are also in process to upgrade day by day all over the resort by our IT. However, our internet is bock some certain website example Bit Torrent, Widows update, IOS update, some share file website as this would take lots of capacities, however, sorry for your inconvenience.

Thank you for your helpful feedback that allows us to learn and improve our resort further. I do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to show you the true Services experiences. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a wonderful time there! The good thing is it's close proximity to the beach and other amenities. The only issue we had was that there is no elevator in any of the blocks. You may need to climb 3 stories. The service is wonderful and the staff is very courteous.

Dear HemantUnadKat

Thank you very much for your kind words in your review It is inspiring and rewarding when we received confirmation that our guests are very happy and have enjoyed our services and the facilities.

Thank you once again for your valuable remarks and I hope we will have another opportunity to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The staff is friendly, the rooms, swimming pools, and gardens are nice and clean. However, the management of the resort is lacking. A lot of miss-communication between reception, waiters and other service staff. It is difficult to find staff who has trustworthy and reliable information available. Despite the difficulties in the beginning, finally everything worked out fine.

1  Thank JAD2553
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear JAD2553

Thank you for your review. . Needless to say after investigation, this is completely unacceptable and unprofessional and I would like to sincerely apologize for this matter. All of your comments have been noted and will be used internally to improve our resort and its services further

Thank you once again; I trust that you will allow us another opportunity to show you our improved level of service during your next stay.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We booked this hotel through the website, seeing the location was near Ao nang beach, the check in was smooth and reception was very friendly. We spent great 4 days at the place , really enjoyed the big pool in the middle of the hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel, as you get what you pay for. The location is very conveniently located in the center of Aonang, and easily accessible to the beach. Highly recommend this place for family get away.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank JOHN B
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear John B

Thank you for sharing your pleasant expreience on this platform and I am thrilled that you have us high marks all around. I am of course happy to learn that we have left you with a postive impresion. I thank you once again for high recommendation to other traveler on this review, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.