16 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$153
TravelocityUS$153
Orbitz.comUS$153
3,012 results
All reviews kids club kids pool pool access room tuk tuk pool bar ao nang beach early check night market welcome drink long tail boat beautiful resort pools krabi boats thai baht
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2022 via mobile

We just spent our 2nd night here and I just want to say the hygiene of the hotel is really bad. Front desk service is awesome at check in, but when we arrived, no one took our luggages and we had to haul everything into the luggage cart ourselves.

About the hygiene, they have fleas. There wasn’t a single mosquito in the room because they only bite my husband and my son, and thank GOD my son slept on the sofa bed. My husband didn’t use the blanket and I have multiple flea bites on my legs. I didn’t want to write a bad review and gave them another chance, so I told front desk and they said they will sterilize the room but it just got worse. My legs feel like they’re burning and more flea bites.

I would book elsewhere.

Uploaded pics of my legs on 1st and 2nd day. This is terrible.

Room tip: Hotel is very reasonably priced for its amenities. 3 pools. But hygiene is just so bad.
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KPdino
HolidayInn Krabi, Owner at Holiday Ao Nang Beach Resort, Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear KPdino
Greetings from Holiday Ao Nang Beach Resort, Krabi !!!

First of all, We would like to thank you for choosing ‘Holiday Ao Nang Beach Resort, Krabi’
and for taking the time to write about your stay with us.

We feel sad to know some of the factors hampers your experience while staying at

Kindly allow me to explain you in brief that we will improve asap

I assure you that these incidents are not a true reflection of our service standards and
sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your perception about
our services. If you decide to come and visit us again, please do not hesitate to contact me
directly via email at hm@holidayresortkrabi.com and I am more than happy to personally

Reviewed 10 August 2022 via mobile

Ok so things didn’t start well with room not being ready until 3pm which completely messed up the start of short break in Ao Nang. The general behaviour of staff was very poor and service well basically non existent. The room was very shabby, phone broken with wires hanging out. Air conditioning didn’t work well and was initially leaking and very noisy. The ceiling fan couldn’t operate at night as was too noisy. The smoke detector had a flashing green lights which was incredibly irritating while trying to sleep. If I’m honest if I’d seen better balanced reviews online I would not have stayed here.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank drucej311

Dear Drucej311

Reviewed 9 August 2022

We, a family with 2 young children of 5 and 8, had a wonderful time in this resort for 5 days. The resort is beautifully landscaped, with a lovely garden and 3 large swimming pools. The kids loved this. The family swimming pool view room is spacious and with 2 young children it was not necessary to rent an extra bed because a sofa bed is already provided.
Of course the room can always be newer, neater and cleaner and probably this is not a 5 start hotel anymore, but for this price, about 40 euro/US dollar per night including breakfast for 4 people is really unmatched and I don't think you can find a better offer in Ao Nang in terms of price quality ratio.
We think some negative reviews are unjustified because of this price. You can't also not compare the old Holiday Inn situation with high prices with the new Holiday Ao Nang Beach Resort situation with lower prices and just out of the corona lock down time.
Many negative things described by this hotel in the beginning of the year have been improved in recent times. The pool is clean, no more filter problems, no air conditioning problems, the mushroom in the pool has been reassembled, Indian food is available in restaurant and breakfast, the fitness room is open again, the breakfast is fine and has plenty of choice and we have had absolutely no problems with the service.
In fact, we found the service staff extremely friendly and helpful, especially when it is realized that they have to work 12 hours a day and that their management is reluctant to hire extra staff because of the corona time. The first day we arrived much too early, namely at 9.30 am instead of 2 pm and yet the reception could organize for us that we could already be in the room at 11 am, which was very well arranged and without extra payment.
The restaurant is indeed not the best, is quite pricey and does not have much choice, but you can sit there fine and relax in the open air.
The location of this resort is ideal as it is close to the Landmark night market with the food court where you can find suitable and reasonably priced food for everyone, even the kids. You can sit there with a view of the sea, while enjoying a cool drink and music.
The beach in front of the hotel is not the prettiest, but Ao Nang beach is a 15-minute walk away. However, better a sea view from the room than the view of other hotels and houses. The advantage of this location is that you are at the boarding point of the longtail boats to Railay and other islands and as mentioned you are close to the Landmark night market.
In short, this resort was perfect for us and we will definitely come back here.

Room tip: Book directly at the hotel and high floor (4th) family rooms have not only swimming pool view but sea view also

Dear PeerR140
Greetings from Holiday Ao Nang Beach Resort, Krabi !!!

Thank you for staying at ‘Holiday Ao Nang Beach Resort, Krabi’ and for taking the time to
write about your stay with us.

We are delighted that you were able to have an overall exceptional experience and glad to
hear that you enjoyed it.

We hope to see you soon again and host you in near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2022

So, its right on the beach (across the coastal road) and the restaurant terrace on the first floor (which is only open for breakfast) has nice sea views and sometimes a very welcome onshore breeze. We rented two pool view family suites which are huge with separate seating and table areas and have sliding panels to create private sleeping areas; as family solutions go it reminded us of France which does family hotels very well. No tripping over each other here and terraces are a fair size too. The furniture was badly soiled and bit shabby in one room; the other had been updated and was faultless; although it did have uninterrupted views of the car park. We had requested when we booked that our suites be as close together as possible and they managed to give us two at opposite ends of the campus. The hotel in general needs a bit of updating in parts, im sure due to the size of the place (its massive) its an ongoing rolling program but peeling lino in the lifts, threadbare seating (some furniture not all) and badly scuffed walls and doors, makes it feel more tired than I suspect it is.

There are three enormous pools, one with slides and water features which our kids and teenages loved and would spend hours messing about in which gave us a break too. The well manicured gardens and pools reminded us a little of those big American resorts which have gone a bit out of fashion - which is a pity, its a safe sprawling playground for your family to enjoy.

On the downside: the gardens are a little too manicured with an army of gardeners armed with petrol fuelled strimmers, turning the air blue and making din from dawn 'till dust to make sure nobody gets any piece and quiet. Also they have created an ornamental meandering river which snakes through the grounds with just one crossing point. I don't know if this is for security but it does mean you spend a lot of time walking in the wrong direction before you can start in the direction you want.

They seem a little short staffed, with the pool bar closed and during busy times at breakfast between 8-30 and 10am you will have to clear away a table if you want to sit down. You should take wet wipes as most guests seem to compete as to how much food they can leave piled up or smeared on or both.

The buffet is as big as the hotel and focuses on choice and volume, not quality as it fights to accommodate hundreds and hundreds of families. Im not saying you cant find nice things, the melon and fruit plates are always well stocked and our kids loved the pancakes which arrive by the car load and are gobbled up greedily, but the pastries are those brightly coloured and died things that look like they have been taken from a film set and are not for consumption, the bread - factory made pre-sliced stuff tipped straight from the bags in a constant attempt to feed the hordes, fruit juices with more colouring than er fruit, etc. Theres chicken nuggets and chips, chicken sausages and chips, theres baked beans by the bucket load and pasta boiled in tomato sauce and piles of rotis which the Indian guests prod and sniff and sometimes lick before putting back on the buffet. They do that with pretty much everything else too, especially fruit we noticed! But the main problem is nobody queues apart from we uptight Brits so you literally have to scrummage for everything. We found going early or late helped with this so its manageable. The egg chef is quite lovely, doesnt speak a word of English and smiles sweetly as she serves you a hard fried egg with no regard at all for what you asked for. It should be annoying but it was charmingly comic. Scrambledb eggs please, hard fried egg, cheese and tomato omlette, hard fried egg. Great fun.

In fact the only thing we didnt like and could not resolve is that at 7:59 every morning, there is actually a reveill; yep every day they wake you up with loud military music played from enormous speakers and ends with what we think is a bit of the Thai national anthem on the stroke of 8. Its gives the whole place a jolly Butlins-meets-North Korea feel which we didnt like at all; Our teenagers less so.

Date of stay: August 2022
1  Thank The-omnivore-cometh

Dear The-Omnivore-cometh

Reviewed 30 July 2022 via mobile

This hotel seriously lacks service. During our 3 night stay we had one staff member say hello to us - that’s it. Even ignored when arriving to breakfast. Breakfast spread was ok, but ran out of food pretty quickly - even ran out of coffee by 8:30am!

Family room is certainly not that…. You are expected to share a king single per adult and child!! Not suitable for a family with kids bigger than toddler.

Ao Nang lacks larger family resorts at a decent price point and this hotel knows it. Fantastic pools - the one saving grace. Location is good - 10-15 min walk into the heart of Ao Nang, 5 min walk to the landmark market. Don’t bother eating dinner at the hotel when you have such amazing eateries around you!

Room tip: Avoid breakfast between 8am to 9:30am Family room not suitable for kids older than toddler unless you want to top to tail sleep
Trip type: Travelled with family