Carleton Motel & Coffee Shop
US$69
Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites(Summerside)(Great Value!)
US$62
Travelocity
Traveller's Inn(Summerside)(Great Value!)
US$85
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2016

We stayed one night at the Carleton Motel and Coffee Shop. We were in room 21, which was in back, so highway noise was not a problem.

We had booked this motel, as it was the only accommodation available in all of PEI that night, for 3 people. The room had 2 single beds and a double bed. It had a fridge, TV, and free WiFi. I did not see a coffee maker or microwave.

The people were friendly, even opening the shortcut door from the office to the back of the motel when I had to carry the ice bags I just bought back to the room.

We had to leave before the coffee shop opened for breakfast, so I can't report about that.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2016

This was an OK place to spend the night. The rooms are clean-ish, but not in a modern clean way (think Alt-Hotel or Days Inn; it is DEFINITELY not comparable to those locations). I had booked through Expedia and I was very upset to find out that this place is non-refundable and non-cancellable. However, they did offer a fridge and a microwave in the room which was nice. I found quite a number of bugs in this location as well, and it is right beside the highway, but somehow it is able to remain fairly quiet. Overall, it's not a bad place to stop if you've just gotten off the Confederation Bridge, but I think there are better options in PEI. Try a local B&B!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank eevee94
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend while on a brief visit to the island. The rooms have had many upgrades and are very comfortable. I can't say enough about how clean they were. We had breakfast at the restaurant and we're pleased to see a full menu. The food and coffee were delicious. It's right by the highway so if you're a light sleeper this may not be the place for you, but it didn't bother any of us. Once the AC was on, you didn't even notice it. The owners are friendly and eager to please.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We stayed for two days be everything else was sold out. Cost about $200. Nice large room. Spotlessly clean! Here is where it goes downhill. A family checked in late at night right beside us. The walls are so thin that we heard everything. The headboard shook when they walked on the floor. You could feel everything. Walls are so thin. Floor boards are loud. Went to the desk and asked if they could get the guests to quiet down. It was after 10 pm. By the time we got back to sleep, the gentleman knocked on the door and woke us up again. I was ready to demand a refund and head back east. I was dreading the rest of our stay. I did not get any sleep that night due to noise. Then in the morning the Harley bikes pull out and you wonder if your teeth are shook out. Very loud spot.
The second night was better. Quieter the the first. The owners try very hard but there is too much wrong with this spot to return. Wifi is brutal also

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

my wife and I and our 6 month old daughter stopped in for a night on our way back to nova Scotia. we didn't expect much as the stop wasn't planned but were pleasantly surprised at both the place and the service. the rooms were renovated, large, and very clean, and it was very reasonably price. there was even a kitchenette which was valuable to us with a baby. the power in the town went out that night because of a storm which could have ruined the night but the staff went out of their way to be accomodating to try and make the best of the situation. they provided us a flash light and brought us coffees in the morning. they also let us use the high chair from the restaurant to feed our daughter. would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family