Days Inn Villa Fontana
US$59
  • Pool
US$130
US$92
Corona Hotel & Spa(Ensenada)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$87
US$131
US$84
Posada El Rey Sol(Ensenada)(Great Value!)
US$77
Official Hotel
US$151
US$215
US$209
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2017

The gentleman at the counter was very friendly. But the room was dismal. It was dirty and looked a shambles. I was trying to talk myself into being okay with paying almost 100.00 dollars for a crappy room, but then I saw a small bug walking across the bedspread and I was out of there like a shot. To their credit, they refunded me my money very quickly. I stayed across the street at the El Cid and am very happy I did.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Villa Fontana for 2 nights. It wasn't my first choice, but it was the only place with a room. The downtown location is good.

I switched rooms after the first night because the air con/heater didn't work properly and there was a connecting door to the room next door which might as well have been open. It was incredibly noisy. Overall, the second room was a lot more comfortable. Plus it had a bath tub and a great shower.

Both rooms I had were pretty tired looking. They were reasonably clean - as long as you didn't look too closely. They give you water and a coffee machine, but don't stretch to things like a safe or a hairdryer. Security is good. The pool are is okay, but quite small. There were a couple of noisy kids in there the day I arrived - enough to render it off limits.

Marketing from the hotel seems to suggest breakfast is included in the price. It isn't.

Overall, it's expensive for what you get. It's a $30-40 place that charges $70.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed during the weekend while touring Ensenada and the wine region, and this hotel was a very good choice. It is conveniently located in the touristic main street with lots of restaurants, coffee shops and bars within walking distance. Even if you have to go a little bit farther there are several UBER drivers nearby all the time. The rooms are simple and modest, don't expect a luxury hotel, but they are well mantained and clean, also the front desk staff is very helpful and kind. The not so nice part of the hotel is that if you get a room next to the main street you will get a lot of the noise at night, also as it is very close to the harbor when the cruises are leaving you will hear their horns at night. Also they have a pool but it is not climatized.

They have two parking lots, one right in the hotel and the other around the corner, both are safe and guarded.

Overrall this is a good option, not very expensive but clean and comfortable.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Hotel Villa Fontana Inn Ensenada – Room 120, June 9,10,11, 3 nights.
Our first floor room had a mini split, plenty of light, king bed, TV, coffee maker, hair dryer and exhaust fan in bathroom. A 200 peso deposit was required for the remote controls for the air conditioner and TV, which was returned at checkout. There was actually wifi in the room, which was rare in our experience.
The pool was a few feet outside our room door, so it was very noisy when the pool was in use. Their version of continental breakfast was on a small table in the office and consisted of a pot of coffee and a plate of bite size brownies like the ones from Costco.
VERY limited parking, with only 10 spaces for a 69 room hotel. The desk clerk has to open a gate to let guests in or out of this limited space. At times they tell guests to go down the block and around the corner to park in a public lot because there is no space at the hotel, even when we could see 2 available parking spaces. The front desk staff claimed they were not holding the spaces for friends and also claimed the owner, Alfredo, set the policies and was in his office watching the property on CCTV cameras. Not a good situation when the luggage needs to be loaded into the car. We would not recommend this hotel for travelers who drive, only those who fly into town.
This is the only hotel of the 15 we visited in the Baja that required a credit card number to make a phone reservation. The other 15 hotels during our trip made telephone reservations without asking for a credit card. No ice machines at the hotel – they tell guests to go next door to the liquor store to buy ice.
This hotel is in a great location to walk to most of downtown Ensenada, which we did because our car was blocked 4 deep in the small parking lot of the hotel. We declined giving the car keys to the office staff so we had to park a block and a half away on the day when we needed the car for a day trip.
Again we would only recommend this hotel for guests without a car in Ensenada.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Upon arrival we had to wait 20 minutes to enter the property due to a water truck blocking the driveway. The manager was rude and told us we had no choice otherwise we wouldn't be able to shower in the morning. When finally getting checked in the room was dark and dirty. The sheets had blood stains, the toilet was stained and smelled. I asked for a different room the front desk person went in to the room to verify what I reported he then changed the room with an attitude. To my surprise the other room was worse than the first. I went back and asked if they could change the room. The front desk person said housekeeping was gone and he didn't have anu other rooms he said I will give you a refund but good luck finding another room everything is sold out. It was 11pm and he essentially put us out. The worst customer service ever and most disgusting place I have seen in a long time.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple