“Favorite place in Ensenada”
Review of Wendlandt

Wendlandt
Ranked #22 of 352 Restaurants in Ensenada
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

The best beer in Baja. The place is really cozy and chill, plus the food is really good. Try the chicken wings and french fries.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

We wanted a "non-touristy, have some good Mex food, and try-the-local-beer" joint. This is it. We went two nights in a row after working on a local mission housing project. Between my wife, kids, and friends, we tried every beer style more than once and, depending on your own beer-type-taste, they were all very good. Humpy Humpy (an amber) was my personal favorite. We enjoyed the variety of food we had as well.

We were there on a Friday and Saturday and it is not a big place so it was crowded, but the staff was great and the patrons were cool. If you have a larger group, there are some great tables in the back -- if you can get them. And the "beerisgood" WiFi password fits perfectly. Will definitely go again. And to the one touristy thing I did do was purchase a Wendlandt Pint Glass. Nice.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Tried this micro brewery/restaurant out next to the McDonalds downtown. Great vibe, lot's of younger locals. The beer selection and local beers were great. Food was good, but a little rich. Would certainly return.

1  Thank Mexonline
Reviewed 4 May 2016

Having grown up in San Diego I think it's safe to say that we're a little spoiled when it comes to craft beer, breweries, and pubs. My wife and I could almost be considered beer snobs, lol. We ventured to Wendlandt since it was really close to the hotel we were staying at and boy were we pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgable, the food was amazing, and the beer was delicious. These guys are doing something great and we can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Victor D
Reviewed 10 March 2016

This place is next to Starbuck's but is a little difficult to find. I don't think they're open til afternoon. The beer is really well brewed and every bit as good as the brewers in San Diego. The prices are very reasonable. The ambiance is very warm and the lights are usually fairly dim. I tried a few of the appetizers and thought they were well prepared and tasty.

1  Thank Hank S