“Excellent!”

La Hoguera
Ranked #32 of 400 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Mexican, Grill
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I am overly pleased!!! Nice atmosphere, polite service and great food! Salsa was made to order at our table with fresh ingredients.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Wow wow! We found La Hoguera browsing on yelp and I'm happy about that! First of all the place is beautiful!
The salsa is freshly made in front of you and that's the best salsa I've ever had. It was not spicy (per request) but super tasty. We first shared the queso fundido - the portion was huge!
Then my bf got a very flavorful steak while I got myself the marinated tuna - which was grilled too, and wonderful.
So if you are craving steak while in Ensenada, or want good Mexican food in a nice seating, go to La Hoguera!

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

My second visit here and again excellent. The meats are so well prepared and beautifully plated. Prices are more than fair. But the true gem is the table side salsa. My first meal we kicked it up with some spice but round two was with Momma, who is a wimp. Service was accommodating and though my Spanish is mediocre and their English only a bit better it made the meal even more fun communicating in hand gestures and yummy noises. A must hit.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

We had a wonderful dinner here at this outdoor courtyard restaurant - They prepare a delicious salsa at the table and the chips were warm and freshly made. We started our meal with a tomato salad and then a chicken mole, and beef short ribs. Everything was delicious

Highly recommended

Reviewed 4 February 2017

We had a wonderful meal here, we started by sharing a medium salad, then we had lamb chops and a pork arrachera! The food was cooked to perfection and they prepare a wonderful salsa at the table to your taste as far as the number of chilies you would like. We are so happy they reopened at the new location, everything is cooked over wood fires. Highly recommend La Hoguera and hopefully the Captain de Meseros will wait on you, he goes by Chino!!