“Sooooooooooooo Relaxing!”

CostaBaja Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in La Paz
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I have been to Costa Baja at least a dozen times, was there in July/17 and going back at the end of this month, it never dissapoint's! This is a five star resort for sure, the staff is incredible, the rooms are so comfortable and the grounds are just immaculate and beautiful! Close to the beautiful Malecon and shops and restaurants, you will not be dissapointed with Costa Baja or the beautiful city of La Paz, enjoy!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dee Dee G
Eduardo H, Director General at CostaBaja Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

I appreciate the opportunity to be your host.
Your comments are very important and allows us to improve our service, I appreciate your time and your comments will be shared with all employees.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We chose CostaBaja because of the reviews and it did not disappoint. Magnificent property, excellent staff and very nice beach. I was so surprised that more people didn't take advantage of the beach there, but people seemed to be happy with the pools. Fine with me, less people at the beach while I took advantage of it. The spa treatment was sublime. One of my group members wanted to take his masseuse back to the states with us. And we spent a lot of time at the beach club lounge, great bartenders and service. We came with a group of 16 friends to do a week sail up the Sea of Cortez, only four of us booked CostaBaja. On our return from the sail, majority of our group had cancelled their return reservations with the Hyatt and decided to end our trip with us at CostaBaja.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This was my second and last stay at the Costa Baja Resort.
Don't get me wrong this is a nice hotel but our stay just wasn't that special. On arrival the service at the front door was great but check in was a little frosty. I had booked a 'Pool View Room' and I was foolish enough to think that this meant that I would be able to see the pool from my room. I really don't like not getting what I pay for so when I opened the curtains and looked out over a very boring sunken garden and the back wall of the neighbouring condos with no pool in sight, I wasn't impressed. Back at reception I was told that I was in fact in a pool view room. Again when I'm paying I don't like being treated like an idiot. I was then told that there were no other rooms available so I offered to pay the extra to be upgraded to the next level room, a request which was totally ignored. Now at this point if I owned this hotel I'd be firing someone. Here's a guest offering to pay more money and no one wants to take his money. Miraculously a room was found which actually had a view of the pool but that was only after I was given the key to room that was already occupied. In our new room which was nice (but pretty small) the service level improved as the porter arrived with our bags and took the time to show us the room features. Our 3 suitcases were a bit of a squeeze leaving no bench space. The rooms aren't the sort of place you'd want to spend much time in other than for sleeping unless you're on a higher level with a sea view which would be very pleasant. Unfortunately our room woes weren't over. We had to make 5 trips back to reception to get our swipe tags re programmed as every time we left the room they stopped working. The pool area was nice but in the full heat of the day with no shade it was a little too much. However there is a lap pool at the back of the property next to the gym which is a little cooler. If only someone had taken the time to tell us about it. We didn't discover it until the night before check out when it was too late. It would have also been nice to be told about the fact that as guests we could use the much larger pool and facilities at the beach club. Again we discovered this by accident. I spent some time by the pool early one morning which was very pleasant but it was obvious that while the staff were busy they were focusing on the wrong things. There were plates left out from the night before that didn't move in the 2 hours I was there. Also no pool towels in sight. I went to use the bathroom by the pool area but after seeing the state of them decided to walk back to the room. Our stay could have been really good if a few of the basics had been addressed. Having said this on our last day there was a girl on reception that I hadn't seen before. I watched her deal with the hotel guests and she was exceptional. I regret that I didn't take note of her name but in my opinion she should be running the place.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 1Tim1

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

What a find!! I've lived in Baja for 16 years and never had visited this resort.
Very friendly staff, great service, great food, awesome marina.
Beach club is unbelievable, prices are fair.
Visited last week, I am on my way again tomorrow to enjoy my days off.
Would recommend this to anyone!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We had an awesome trip La Paz is an incredible place and everyone was very friendly and helpful. The pool was great and rooms were very comfortable. They have a golf cart to take you to and from restaurants located down in the marina and beach club. The beach club is a must if you visit to enjoy the beach and some drinks. My only recommendation is if your room has a door for an adjoining room asked to be moved. You can hear everything and will have limited privacy.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple