“Great Location but Poor Food”
Review of KIWI Restaurant

KIWI Restaurant
Ranked #184 of 361 Restaurants in La Paz
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2014 via mobile

My wife and I liked the beach location and ordered potatoe skins, nachos and beer. Don't order the Nachos they used cheap sliced cheese instead of grated cheese which most people are accustomed too, If you like that kind of cheese then this place is for you.

Reviewed 10 September 2014

They used velveeta slices on the nachos, and no pica de gallo. Bad chips and salsa too.
Gorgeous view

Reviewed 31 July 2014

On the beach front at the far end of the Malecon. We have now been there three times for breakfast...right on the water. Friendly staff that try really hard to speak English... With a smile. Good quality Mexican food and American if requested.
All at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

After arriving by bus into La Paz, my husband and I just wanted to relax and have dinner. One if the first restaurants we came upon was Kiwi Restaurant with a lovely right-on-the-beach location. We sat outside and enjoyed the sunset and the lapping waves. I ordered the beef fajitas which were very salty and a tad tough. My husband had a chicken stuffed with mushrooms - also quite salty. Portions were quite generous. Service was slow and there was only one other couple in there besides us. So you can do better food wise but location is very nice.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

A stroll on the malecón took us to this place. We sat on the back open seating area for breakfast and have to say that it was one of the best, unassuming experiences eating in La Paz. We shared just a good plate of bacon, eggs, beans and potatoes while observing seagulls catch their own breakfast. Service was good, food is cheap and the sea is about ten steps away. It was just neat to pay very little for such amazing location/view. the only reason I don't give it five stars is because the ladies bathroom was pretty third world, rundown. There wasn't running water off the faucet, rather, you have to grab a container and get some water from the bucket on the side. Yet, I'll come back to this place for a non-crowded meal, for the beautiful scenery and the great location. No question.