“sting ray city”
Review of Hotel Plaza Loreto

Hotel Plaza Loreto
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Loreto
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Me and my wife had been dying to come to loreto for years. I wish they wouldve warned us about sting rays. Living in ventura we are not used to them. Was nailed by one in front of loreto bay inn. Unfortunately it tore my achilles tendon now i am off of work for 2 months atleast. I think the friendly staff saw that we were not american enough cuz they wouldnt even offer to carry my bags upstairs. We had to pay hundreds of dollars to catch a flt early due to the fact that my foot was as big as a torta ahogada. Javier wouldnt reimburse us our money. Didnt even offer. I had to suggest it. He said to call back when owner is there. Ive called and gottten runaround. Hate to say this but i saw them treat others alot better. It has left a bad taste in our mouth cuz we will probably never return to do all of the activities that we have been dreaming of doing for years. Im outve of vacay, money and now on disability. I do wanna thank security who saw that javier didnt care to much, without asking me carried my cooler upstairs. To the plaza people, treat everyone like if they have club membership!

Room Tip: Shuffle your feet.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I was lucky to get a room since I had no reservation. The whole staff is very friendly and attentive. They recommended a good tour operator and when I had to leave really early for a tour even put coffee out before 6am.The room was super clean and the bed huge! I found everything I needed, like shampoo, lotion, hairdryer and every day a bottle of water. The hotel is well located in the center of Loreto but in my room it was totally quiet. I can absolutely recommend Plaza Loreto!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MartinaWegener
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Okay, so this is a budget hotel, a little less that $50 US/night. But after 2 weeks sailing on a tiny boat with NO amenities it's pure luxury. Clean sheets, spacious clean rooms, charming courtyard, coffee shop right next door where you can get a REAL espresso.
The staff do their best to accommodate. Keep in mind that the Plaza is popular with Mexican travellers, so if you plan to go there at holiday time, book ahead.

Room Tip: The suite at the front can be noisy as it is on the street side. Other rooms are quiet. Wifi works b...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Devika88
Reviewed 4 April 2017

We spent one night here en route to Mulege. The room was decent but sparse. As others have said a bed, dresser, tv. WiFi was adequate. The counter staff had marginal English but tried to be friendly. We need to learn better Spanish for future trips. There is a nice courtyard off the downstairs rooms. However, this also means every sound echos and other guest and staff didn't get the concept of keeping the noise and voices down, even late at night. It was VERY noisy. As for the location it is great! You can walk to everything in the core part of town, including the bay front.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms may be more quiet perhaps.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob S
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

The Plaza is the best deal in Loreto. This charming hotel is very clean, the rooms are spacious and you pay less than $50 per night for a three person room. Marcos at the front desk was very helpful with tour info and speaks terrific English. He used to be a whale guide. The air conditioning works very well in the rooms. I also liked the semi- glassed in showers. The hotel offers covered parking in the back and is located right in the center of town. You can walk to everything.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family