“Why Not? ”

Ranked #9 of 192 Restaurants in Rosarito
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It is the sister restaurant of El Nido and Los Pelicanos in Rosarito Beach
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We have driven by this place for years! Finally stopped in. Was disappointed to find almost exact same menu as Los Pelicanos and El nido. Apparently same owners. Same basic food, without the ocean view you get at Los pelicanos. Food and service were both good. Not the best, but far from the worst. Dining room was too warn and stuffy. Honestly Unless I was staying close by. I would skip this place and go down to Los pelicanos instead

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This place is average at best. Many of the items on the menu seem old-fashioned or from circa 1990. Sides like steamed veggies and baked potato just aren't exciting anymore. They did serve us a salad bar on a lazy susan, which I thought was a bit of fun at first, but there was really nothing special to it. It had chopped veggies and lettuce with average salad dressings that could be found in any bottled store bought salad dressing. There are so many more exciting places to eat in the area. This place lacks creativity. I tried their enchilada suizas, which were just the average plate of enchiladas - nothing different or special about them. The ambiance of the restaurant is interesting, but I was seated by the door and it was crowded, so I didn't really get to enjoy it. I guess I just don't get the hype and would like to see them step up their creative food game.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I came here after watching a video about this restaurant. In Rosarito there are a few restaurants that are really rustic and this is one of them that is kind of a trademark for Rosarito. This place is definitely for meat lovers. They have a vast menu selection of different meats to include duck and venison. The owner is really open about a policy to please the customer. If there is something you don't see on the menu, and they can do it, they will. One of the cool things that they do here, is that they make fresh salsa tableside. It is really cool to watch. We both ordered steak, I had the New York steak and my girlfriend had the filet mignon. I also ordered some shrimp with my steak for us to share. Unfortunately, my steak was just OK, but the shrimp was really good. The filet mignon was excellent. There is an interesting large wood log water fountain that provides a relaxing running water sound. The service was good and very attentive. If you love meat, it is definitely a place to check out.

Thank Alexandre Esteb... R
Reviewed 28 August 2017

The appetizer is always very good. The main course of sea bass is sometimes hit or miss. Overall good food of the area. They specialize in meat and We did not try the meat. The value is good.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

My family and I decided to go to Tapanco, I am a vegetarian and I had a hard time finding a good restaurant that would offer vegetarian options, I decided to give them a call and the manager was very friendly on the phone and gave me plenty of options to choose from. We decided to go, and yes the place looks wonderful, and the staff was very attentive and courteous, the food was delicious and in good portions.

I would definetly recommend this place!