“Pretty good”

Ranked #9 of 187 Restaurants in Rosarito
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It is the sister restaurant of El Nido and Los Pelicanos in Rosarito Beach
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I love the salad with all the dressings.
The drinks are good. The steaks...
meh, I've had better but not in Rosarito.
I'm going to rant now:
Hey Tampanco......STOP PUTTING HERSHEYS CHOCOLATE ON THE FLAN!!!
I know your motto is Why Not?
I'll tell you why not.
Because its a dumb idea and wrong!
Stop it.....please.
And don't even think about using Hershey's caramel.
Do it right for crying out loud.
Rant over.
Bottom line is Tampanco is a nice place to go and get some food.
Even flan......if you like Hershey's chocolate syrup.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Breakfast was perfect. All these people stating great meat, bad cooking because they asked for medium and got well done. My husband had NY Steak & Eggs and the steak was perfectly medium. People just make sure they hear you and acknowledge medium, etc. Huevos Rancheros with authentic ranchero sauce. House papaya yam was really good too.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Place is nice, steaks quality is good but cooking is pretty bad. I ordered a Ny medium red and They cooked well done

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We drove from La Mision as our friends said the drive was well worth the wonderful meal. We were lucky enough to be seated by an amazing indoor waterfall. To start, fresh salsa is made by the table and this is followed by an amazing soup. My friend ordered the Cowboy Steak and he gave me a bite-delicious! I had the mixed grilled seafood with garlic which was very tasty. Another friend had the lamb and she was very pleased with her choice. Throughout the meal very attentive waiters-altogether a most enjoyable dinner.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We have driven by this place for years! Finally stopped in. Was disappointed to find almost exact same menu as Los Pelicanos and El nido. Apparently same owners. Same basic food, without the ocean view you get at Los pelicanos. Food and service were both good. Not the best, but far from the worst. Dining room was too warn and stuffy. Honestly Unless I was staying close by. I would skip this place and go down to Los pelicanos instead