US$72
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

Aqua Rio Hotel(Tijuana)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$94
Orbitz.com
US$53
Travelocity
All reviewsbeautiful poolpool arearooms are nicebreakfast buffetplaza riobusiness hotelrivolimexicomexicalitjdominosconciergepoolsidestarbuckshousekeepertowertaxis
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

In spite the effort of Lisbeth the concierge to mitigate all kinds of problems, such as dirty room with a package of Tampax left inside of the bed sheets, and when you would think it came from the moon, in looking further at the sheets I found pubic hair all over. Where have you seen that before.
I am upgraded to a different floor, same room but they gave me access to the executive lounge, I found that the pillows in that room had the same problem. Full of pubic hairs.
Now you would think this was it.
I came back after meeting in town around 1am and came to the reception to order some food. The reception guy, Diego can't find the menu. This is a 24 hour room service hotel.
He tells me go to your room and call, there is a menu in the room.
I do that. He never picks the phone. Call and call ... nothing. 5 times I called and finally he picks up. I give the order and don't complain.
When they bring the food, the waiter says you have to pay cash, what? I said I left a credit card on file. " I need to double check" he says. Gets on the phone and gives me Diego. Diego confirms you don't have a card on file. Of course I did so I ask to look.
In an authoritative voice he shouts that's the way and I must be mistaken, I attempt to explain. He hangs up.
I finish my pasta and decide to go and find out of this odd situation.
He argues further. We get into an argument, he takes off his jacket as though he is about to hit me. Wow.
His boss, a lady comes over from behind and shows him that he is wrong.
You would think that anyone in this situation would apologize and done.
No. He takes off to the back.
What service is that. This is suppose to be the best hotel in Tijuana Mexico.
Nice venue with incompetent staff. No it's not typical of Mexico, although the tendency is rigidity and attitude often. But this is the cherry, the icing on the cake. Worse event in a hotel in my life.
Avoid at all cost.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Telesforo F, Gerente at Hotel Lucerna Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for share your experience with us, and the most important, thank you for your time face to face with me as responsible of the property.
We have already taken the proper measures to avoid this kind of situations, absolutely it was a lack of the minimun comun sense from our staff. Me as GM, offer to you my sincerely apologize, the team effort was tarnished by individual acts.

Telesforo Fernandez

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Having been staying at the Lucerna for over 25 years. It has a beautiful pool and the food is quite good as well.
Tijuana is not what it used to be,! If you stay within th grounds of the hotel you are fine. We now no longer stay there, but go further down to Rosarito Beach.
Such a shame!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2017

Thank you for share your experience with us. In Lucerna the guests safety is a priority, once you get in, sudenly a comfortable sensation appears.
It was a pleasure to assit you.
Telesforo Fernandez

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a one night layover in Tijuana. Hotel is safe but needs some TLC. Curtains ripped in room, bathroom not properly cleaned(toilet paper in toilet and shower) and for some odd reason housekeeping was going around at 8:30 in the morning asking if I am checking out( heard the same question at other doors). Had dinner in the restaurant and it was good with nice service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My adult daughter and I stayed here overnight. I have stayed in this hotel previously and overall it's quite acceptable. However for the nightly rate of $160, frankly I expect a bit more in a city where you may find very adequate accommodations for around $100/night. Where I've stayed in previous visits.

The lobby area is modern and impeccably clean, the staff were all quite eager to please, very polite and very helpful. The restaurant however left something to be desired, the food was acceptable, but certainly nothing outstanding. We had to send the steak back, and it still came back undercooked and chewy. My club sandwich had a small chicken bone and was not very generous in portion.

The pool is quite large, clean and well maintained. There is a well equipped small gym as well. The room (ask for one facing the pool, for less street noise) is fairly well appointed but, again not outstanding. It was clean, beds are comfortable and it has a small balcony. Other than that, it doesn't seem particularly well appointed.

Would I recommend this hotel? Overall I'd say yes, but with the caveat that there's room for improvement. I believe that for that rate in Mexico, one should expect a bit more.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Loved the location- walking distance to Starbucks, restaurants, mercado, mall etc. At first glance, the room seemed fine- nice big bed, clean sheets. The staff were super friendly, the front desk staff all spoke English and everyone tried to be helpful, but seemed to be limited at every turn (from (requested) early check-in to coffee in the room). We knew they didn't have in-room refrigerators (which would have been nice to keep drinks cold vs a trashcan filled with ice), but we were also lacking a stable internet (I ended up cancelling a series of video conferences because we couldn't maintain a stable connection after numerous starts on different days) and stable a/c (it never seemed to shut off unless we cut it off- and despite setting it at 73F, it would regularly drop to 64F in our room). Some of the towels we were given had holes & tears- and we were only given 1 washcloth for 2 people. Cleaning staff should not be limited if a guest requests extra coffee (we were told she could only leave 2)...At least the Starbucks was close!! Our room was on the 4th floor, across from the elevators and overlooked the roundabout- so it was quite noisy- definitely request poolside if you can get it!! Overall it wasn't a bad stay- just average.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple