All reviews budget hotel felt very safe hotel is located great room walking distance revolution ac security avenue channels guard closet
Reviewed 27 December 2017

The big problem is it is hard to find the hotel with Google Map or Waze. We arrived at Tijuana around 11:30 am, but drove around and around to locate this hotel. The GPS is not able to find the hotel. Finally we found the hotel at 3:04 pm after we asked many Mexicans (luckily one of us is a Spanish speaker). The location of the hotel is good. It is walking distance to Revolution Avenue where the main attractions and bars are. The customer service is friendly. The parking is minimum, so once you parked, it'd better don't move your car until you check out. You may use the affordable taxi services. There is a guard watches the cars overnight. That is safe. The room is clean, but the small heater has not that powerful. Even it is on, the whole night is freezing.

Room Tip: The hotel is ok, but the problem is it is hard to find the hotel with GPS.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T W
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I did not like the area at the end of Constitution towards a hill that led to a ill kept area (dumpy). The rooms on the first floor did not have A/C's but were clean. My option was to take a room on the upper floors, but there was no elevator. I am disabled and can climb stairs with great difficulty. Since the street is on an incline, walking down to the restaurants, bank or stores was not an option. For those reasons I will not be staying there in the future. The employees were pleasant, attentive and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. There is a Taco shop (El Gordo), within walking distance. This hotel is also .7 miles away from mercado Hidalgo. It is two blocks away also from the bus terminal that drives you back to the border. Unbeatable price if you just need a place to stay the night.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2016

ooohhh..let me count the ways. I came here as I did not want to get a room for under twenty dollars as they are ones for prostitutes but did not want to pay US hotel prices so chose this one as for $30 for one person it seemed o.k.from the description, picture and reviews, what a mistake!! I can NOT imagine why ANYone would give this an excellent review unless they were paid sycophants. The reasons are not stupid superficial ones as kind of TV, size of bathroom but basic ones like lack of heating, noise etc.

The place is clean and I guess not too far from the city center to walk a couple of blocks but it IS located in a sketchy neighborhood on the OUTSKIRTS of the city center.

Although the latest review said it was noisy but because someone said that it was quiet I chose it, again, thinking because of all the excellent reviews, the bad one was a fluke, but since it is like a motel with hallways opening outdoors, it IS noisy because of the street traffic and even made more noisy as the floors are marble so you hear people walking in the floor above (carpeting is nice not only for bare feet but because it deadens noise) and for some reason it attracts clientele who instead of sleeping at 3 AM, walk around then and have their TV turned on.

There is NO elevator, did not see it mentioned in reviews and there are THREE stories. The lighting is very poor (one of the reasons I chose this over another is that another had that and because I like a room to be brightly lit I chose this is because no one mentioned the dim lighting here, had to move the standing lamp around. The main light in the ceiling fan overhead, was disconnected because the light works in conjunction with the fan and when they put AC in, they disconnected the fan and thus the best light. There are thermostats only on the second and third floors but it doesn't really matter as during my stay they did not work so even if you have the extra "bedspreads" the room is cold and I needed to wear my jacket in the room.

The pictures are deceptive, the beds look like they have 5 pillows on the bed and the towel is shaped like a fan, they only had one pillow and NO blankets on the bed, Laura, who is the MAID is the only one who is bilingual (their website says they are bi-lingual and people at the FRONT DESK speaks very little English) and she is only redeeming quality to this wretched place brought me extra bedspreads to use as a blanket and extra pillow, the towels are NOT fanshaped, not a big deal but it is NOT representative of what the room looks like. It says no smoking but there seems to be the odor of smoke in the rooms.The in room phone is hard to use so they have to call out, but since they do not understand much English it is hard, if you can find Laura she will call on her cell. The website said a bar/restaurant (nothing in their website said that it was closed for renovation) just another thing that was misleading in their ad.

Customer service is VERY important to me and when I emailed them to request a room in the back recommended by a Trip Advisor reviewer, they never responded. That should have been the warning for how I was treated once I got there from trying to cancel the second night to requesting things. Remote did not work, asked twice and even dragooned a maid to help me, they finally brought one up, one hour before I left. BTW, if it's important did not find an English speaking channel on their tv schedule on the TV.

I paid for two nights but when I sat in the room for the first hour, I knew I would not be able to sleep well due to the noise and called my booking agency because I had to cancel through them. When they talked to the front desk they claimed not to understand English, I told them to ask for Laura but every time the agent tried to call they kept hanging up. I think if you had a problem here, they would not be very helpful. I spoke to another customer who was upset the heating did not work and because he was there a half an hour they refused to refund his money.

If noise, lack of elevator, dim lighting, non working things in room. stale smoke odor in room, heating system not working, sketchy neighborhood, misleading website and perhaps inability to deal with problems do not bother you, than this is not a bad place to stay for the price, which IS low, at least, it doesn't seem to have prostitutes as their clientele which is why I gave it a poor not terrible rating. There are others like Caesars or one called (Espana sp??), try hard to look for others, for $10 more you can get the one I moved to called Bmyhotel, much nicer and they offer you a breakfast buffet, not too far from Revolution Ave. its location is the reason you get a MUCH nicer hotel for less money.

Room Tip: In the back building, if you choose to stay despite my review, leave if they give you one in the side wing.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank evagoblinet
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

It's cheap and cheerful. It does what it says on the box - provides a clean bed and shower and it's in an excellent location. I'd recommend it. Good access to the carnage in the bars, if that's what you're after.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends