Guaycura Boutique Hotel Beach Club & Spa
Posada La Poza(Todos Santos)
US$140
US$15
Cerritos Surf Town(El Pescadero)
US$118
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Todos Santos Inn(Todos Santos)
TripAdvisor
Hotel San Cristobal(Todos Santos)
Hacienda Todos Los Santos(Todos Santos)
Hotel California(Todos Santos)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Miramar(Todos Santos)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
Tortugas Cerritos(El Pescadero)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooftop poolel farosky barin townvery nice hotelmirador restaurantspecial shoutsister restaurantchecking outswim up barlarge bathroomthoroughly enjoyed our stayan oasisrooms are beautifulwatch the sunsetsmall townpalm trees
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Last hotel on trip and whilst quiet this hotel could not do enough to help us. On my girlfriends birthday and at last moment - their catering manager gave us a lift to their hilltop restaurant La Mirador and back again. The staff totally made the evening there at short notice. Lorenzo the waiter in each place looked after us spectacularly at lunch at the Faro beach resort and drinks and dinner at at the La Mirador. We loved the town and in having three locations this hotel is the one to stay at - but need a car. Great rooms and bathrooms juts add to it as does the pool on the roof and bar with great views. Fabulous last place in Baja to stay. Elegant off the main drag and so much nicer than some of the better known hotels.

Room Tip: Our room had no view but no need as rooftop bar excellent - ask for four poster
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights in January. I must admit that I am very picky about where I stay and I was a little nervous about staying here since it was only listed as a 3/3.5 star hotel. We were looking at the Hotel San Cristobal (on the beach) but it was booked during this time. I am very glad we decided to stay at Guaycura instead. We didn't rent a car so staying at Cristobal would have meant eating every meal there or getting a taxi every time we wanted to go into town. Plus, you can't swim in the beach there (due to rough waves) which is a bummer. Guaycura is perfectly situated in town but still on a somewhat quiet corner. You can walk to everything and there are so many great restaurants, stores, etc right near by. The hotel has a timeless Mexican style- terra cotta floors, copper sinks, wrought iron handrails. We stayed in an Oasis room and had requested room 205 but when we got there it needed some maintenance repair. We were able to move to room 205 on our second night and it was definitely worth it. Room 205 has two balconies, one of them is a large balcony with two couches that overlook the valley all the way to the ocean. The room has great light and feels incredibly spacious with a giant shower and plenty of storage and seating. The staff were very accommodating and nice, if you needed something, just ask, they were happy to help. The rooftop bar was a great place to relax or grab a cocktail at sunset. The beach club is a few miles away and there is no designated transportation to get there, but I am sure you can easily get a taxi from the front desk. Todos Santos is a rustic, small town and there are no true "luxury" hotels downtown but Guaycura is a lovely hotel and I would recommend staying there, especially in room 205.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We booked a "Classic Room". This review is for the classic room....I imagine the other rooms are better. Nonetheless, I wouldn't recommend this place.

Here is the review:

THE BAD

Worst part by far: the room windows were SEALED SHUT. Apparently ALL the windows in the classic rooms are sealed shut (including the bathroom). When I looked surprised, they pulled out a chemical air-spray room deodorizer and handed it to us.

Additionally, the air conditioner couldn't be adjusted (the interface changed numbers, but it had no effect on the actual temperature). So the two options were freezing cold or dank and musty. It was winter and the air in Todos Santos was beautiful- warm with a breeze, yet we slept in a strange crypt-like space. It made no sense.

I asked about switching rooms (the hotel was half empty) but they said it was impossible because we'd paid the "classic rate" so we were stuck. It's not like the rooms were inexpensive: we paid $780 USD for three nights (right after New Year's, not top of the season).

In the sealed room, our bathing suits never dried, our clothes were damp and everything in our suitcases smelled weird when we left.

Locals told us Guaycura was once nice, but the owner died and his sons have not kept the place up. They have not spent a dime on upkeep, nor do they comprehend customer service.

Once we were in Todos Santos and saw other hotels in the area, I understood that we'd been swindled. Guaycura is thread-bare and in dire need of renovations.

Other than the beach club, the photos are completely deceiving. I feel badly for the employees--they are understaffed and have to field questions without being able to offer any customer service which is clearly not their fault.

THE GOOD

The location is ideal for Todos Santos, which is a very sweet town. The hotel, while in need of repair, was very clean. That said, there are a number of much nicer hotels in the same area which are less expensive and more elegant and not as depressing.

The Guaycura pool area/spa was nice but it's a 20 min shuttle bus ride away on a dusty road. That would've been fine--the idea of disappearing into an unknown area could be fun but--get this-- we were told we needed to reserve a chairs at the pool and none were available for one of the two days we were there. Ridiculous.

IN CLOSING

Todos Santos is a low-key, mellow town, and we didn't go expecting a luxurious hotel and we certainly don't mind simplicity--we just wanted convenience, cleanliness and pleasant, but this hotel fell far below our modest expectations. I don't recommend Guaycura, especially if you are planning to pre-pay in advance. I feel so strongly about this that I will also post on Trip Advisor, Booking.com AND yelp.

Other than this hotel, I highly recommend southern Baja...it's a dreamy place.

Room Tip: DO NOT get one of the Classic Rooms! The windows are sealed shut. and do not pay in advance.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2018

This property is centrally located in Todos Santos, everything is within walking distance. The rooms are very spacious with luxurious linens. Our bathroom had a gorgeous copper tub and amazing rain shower. The roof top bar/ restaurant offered the perfect setting for sunsets. This was a very nice treat, only wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alfandrestacey
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Very nice hotel in downtown Todos Santos. We stayed for several days in this lovely little town with great charm and excellent food. The room had no sitting area besides the bed, but had a very large bathroom with room for an open suitcase. Fully air conditioned, but the free WiFi was very slow and sometimes didn't work. The price for the room, about $250 was high compared to a neighboring hotel where the rest of our group stayed. It did include the use of beach club at no charge, a 20 minute drive, where there was a large swimming pool, beach access and a lovely restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family