Quinta Erika
Banyan Tree Cabo Marques(Acapulco)
US$422
US$386
US$57
US$50
  • Pool
Princess Mundo Imperial(Acapulco)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Beachfront
Pierre Mundo Imperial(Acapulco)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$132
  • Pool
Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco(Acapulco)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$62
  • Pool
Resort Mundo Imperial(Acapulco)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$111
  • Restaurant
US$58
  • Beachfront
Hotel Encanto(Acapulco)
US$197
US$162
Las Brisas Acapulco(Acapulco)(Great Value!)
US$131
Elcano Hotel(Acapulco)(Great Value!)
US$56
All reviewshelmuthostslagoonsunsetpropertytaxi
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I really enjoyed my visit to Quinta Erika. It's a far cry from the busyness of Acapulco, and it's great to wake up to the sounds of birds instead of traffic. On one side of the resort is a lagoon and across the road is access to a long beach perfect for watching the beautiful sunsets (you cannot swim there because of the riptides). The owners have transformed a sandy piece of land into a green paradise. Two horses have run of the property and are very well-looked after. On the down side, there are a lot of mosquitoes and bugs.

We stayed in the bungalow, which was clean and well-equipped for cooking (stove top, microwave, blender, coffee pot, and a medium-sized fridge) . The beds were a bit hard, but the one I slept on had a foamy on top which helped. The surprise was no hot water! But I did a mental adjustment and found that a cold shower at the end of a hot, muggy day was just fine. Breakfast is not included in the bungalow rental, but is worth the extra money for a fruit bowl and yogurt followed by a simple, but tasty and filling entree. You should also know that the resort does not have air conditioning.

The hosts were very helpful with setting up activities and providing directions to a nearby restaurant and the beach access. The service was excellent overall.

The common areas are pretty and mostly clean. The whole place, however, really needs a good cobweb cleaning.

I would highly recommend Quinta Erika if you don't mind a lot of bugs and the remote location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stacy N
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We spent 3 nights at Quinta Erika and loved it. We were looking for an out of the way, quiet place to unwind from work and recharge batteries. This was the place.

Quinta Erika is located 20 minutes or so North of Acapulco. There are buses that go by, but we have a car so made travel easy. There is WiFi on the property but it is located near the office enabling us to check our "work" and personal emails/facebook etc in the morning and then use the rest of the day to either read or go into Acapulco. There are no tv's so prepare yourself to relax and enjoy being away from it all, just birds and a couple of horses walking about.

The breakfasts were wonderful, plentiful, delicious and beautifully prepared and served.

One of the days Erika arranged for a masseuse to come out to Quinta Erika and 2 of us enjoyed a wonderful relaxing massage. I highly recommend this to any one.

There is a restaurant (Panchito) within easy walking distance (about 500 meters) and we enjoyed a light dinner on the beach and watched the sunset. They do close around 6 but let us in any way. Every one in the area is very nice.

There is also the beach that goes on for miles just across the street. There was only a couple of other people on it when we were there so it is basically private. The sunset was amazing and we enjoyed our stroll along the beach and watching the beautiful sunsets.

One small note ... there is no hot water. It is actually very refreshing and a great way to cool off after the hot day before bed.

The hosts of Quinta Erika are wonderful, friendly and very helpful. I recommend this B&B if you are looking for some peace and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cathy P
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I was expecting a rustic, charming, romantic little place. Here's what I got instead: (1) Tiny lizard poops all over the bed. They were the size of grains of rice, and even when our room was cleaned, the poops reappeared soon thereafter. (2) Lots of bugs. The inn is not in the city, so I knew to expect some bugs and mosquitos, but I didn't expect thick spider webs all over the leaves and all around the hammocks. There were so many gnats and other bugs hovering over and around the lagoon that it made relaxing there impossible. (3) The lagoon itself was unappealing, slimy, unrefreshing. (4) They have a small pool on the property. It's pretty, but just try sitting in it. The inescapable smell of some kind of animal poop (horse?) wafts all over you. (5) Just as we were going to bed on our last night there, an enormous cockroach made its way across the floor. This thing was huge! And I live in a major US city and have seen some big roaches. My husband was able to trap and kill it, but I could not sleep that night for fear of what other creepy crawly thing might appear.

The breakfast (included) is okay, but far from stellar. The rooms' windows are screened but have no glass, and the rooms are located closely to one another and to the main house, so don't make any noise you wouldn't want anyone else to hear! The shower in the bathroom is tiny and dark - I avoided it and went for the outdoor shower instead. It's only cold water, but it's refreshing on hot days. But overall, I felt this place was unclean. When I got to our next hotel, i had to take two long showers to get all the grime from this place off myself.

If you're looking for a budget-type lodging, this is an option. I would probably have liked it fine in my backpacking, hostel-staying days, if I were traveling with a friend and not a romantic partner.

The property is across the street from a quiet beach. It's not the prettiest beach, but it's secluded and pretty clean. Getting dinner is pretty inconvenient. You'll need a car, or there's one place down the road, about a 15-20 minute walk each way, that's on the beach and has pretty good food and cold beer. It was okay for us, but the walk might be a bit much for older folks or little kids.

Also of note: What they charge you for transportation is pretty inflated. But you're at their mercy because, like the other reviewer said, it's difficult (or impossible) to get a cab on your own.

One final thing: This place is not in Acapulco. It's about an hour out of town, basically in Pie de la Cuesta. So it's pretty boring. I'm not a big "doer" on vacations - I like to laze about on the beach, mostly - but I still found this place boring. Maybe because there was not any spectacular scenery to "entertain" me.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 953tallulah
Reviewed 27 February 2011

After a horrable night in Wayma we were looking for a better place to stay and found a jewel. this little hotel is run by a german couple and their daughter. everywhere you can see the german roots and their love for this project. the rooms are very clean and colorful (germany meets mexico).
the quinta is right at the laguna and you can go kayaking and swimming.
the breakfast is amazing (fruits, omelette, bread and homemade marmelade....)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lutzzz
Reviewed 15 March 2010

We stayed at Quinta Erika with our two young children and my parents. We rented the bungalow, which is nicely equipped and has all necessary cooklng equipment. The place is lovely, with a beautiful pool and a deck looking out onto the lagoon- which isn't always that easy to get to from other places. The lagoon is fantastic and the owners at Quinta Erika allowed us to use their boat for free.

We were surprised at how far out the place was, however. It was very difficult to find in the dark, and when we got there it was hard to find someone. We didn't have our own transport and it was difficult to find a taxi. The Quinta also doesn't offer evening meals and there is nowhere within easy walking distance open in the evening. This was a bit of a problem.

The owners made an effort to drive us to Pie de La Cuesta nearby, because there were so few taxis, although they do charge for this. They also offered an excellent breakfast and were able to do our laundry for us.

The owners did not provide much written information about the locality although had lots of suggestions if asked. Watch out for odd charges, like for having the bungalow cleaned after your stay. There are easier places to stay in Pie De La Cuesta, and we could have had somewhere with hot water and air con for the same price, but Quinta Erika offered a unique experience and we are glad we stayed.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family