“Awesome diving”

Huatulco Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 36 Tours in Huatulco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Huatulco Dive Center as a PADI Resort offer you diving courses from beginners until professional level, diving trips, special diving trips, snorkeling trips, bays tour and fishing trips. Your safety, happiness and relax are our priorities!!! Let our PADI Instructors guiding you in the great scuba dive world of the Mexican Pacific Ocean on board of our 33 feet boat "MAKO" perfectly equipped, organized and comfortable for diving/snorkeling/fishing and touring.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I wanted to try diving in the Pacific and we wound up in Huatulco. We found HDC online and communicated with them via email before going. Once in the area we confirmed availability and scheduled a dive. The staff is really friendly, I think they are all French expats now living in Mexico. They were very familiar with the area and are a PADI certified dive center which was important to us. They had everything prepared for us when we arrived including BCD's, regulators, and wet suits on the boat before we arrived. We wound up being the only two customers on the boat that day and we were with David who was the dive master. He was really knowledgeable about the dive sites and the wildlife we saw while diving. He was very professional and thorough on outlining the two dives we were going to be doing that day. He had a very good pace that my wife and I, who don't dive often, were able to easily keep up with while enjoying all there was to see at both dive sites. The water was pretty clear and the rock formations were a cool contrast to the reef diving we had done in the past. They offer diving in a number of sites outside the national park and based on our skill level, they picked two great spots that gave us the chance to see many different fish including a guitar shark and giant moray eel. HDC is a great company to dive with and I would schedule a dive with them again without question.

LucaHDC, Owner at Huatulco Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Thank you so much Joe for this very kind review.
We're glad tha you enjoyed our services, the dives and our Instructor David.

We really hope to see you again in the future and dive together.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I did the Discovery Dive with one other diver. The other diver seemed to have some problems getting going and I really thought "He's going back to the boat". I was really impressed with David and how he showed patience and worked with the diver to get him over his initial problems. The diver ended up doing both of our planned dives. Good job in making the initial dive experience great for both of us. I don't have much to compare as this was my first dive but there where very professional, friendly and their equipment and boat seemed first rate. I will be back to do the Open Water Dive course.

LucaHDC, Owner at Huatulco Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Hello Erik! Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review about us, we are happy that you enjoyed your first underwater experience with David, he's a really good and knowledgable instructor, I'm glad you did notice that ;) We'll be more than glad to have you back again for your certification course!
cheers!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Thanks to Luca and crew at dive centre enjoyed the days doing the course very much .Luca and crew where very helpful at every step along the way and felt very comfortable while doing course .They are very safety conscious and professional at what they do.They have good gear and nice boat all setup to make trip comfortable and easy to operate out of while diving .They go the extra mile to make everything possible .Thanks Lots Guys

Darrin

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
LucaHDC, Owner at Huatulco Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Hello Darrin, thank you buddy for choosing our dive center for your certification course! And thank you for your nice review. I hope you enjoyed your time with us!
Keep diving and come to visit us soon again ;)
Cheers!

Reviewed 25 April 2017

This was our second time diving with HDC. Same fantastic service. The owners and staff are wonderful, safe and attentive. We saw whales from the boat. Amazing! Marine life was very interesting. Saw many octopus, harlequin shrimp, nudibranches, decorator crab, orangutan crabs, electric rays, solider fish and many other things. Thanks.

1  Thank Marsha L

Hi Nigel and Marsha, thank you guy again for keep choosing our dive shop for your dives in Huatulco! As always, was a pleasure to dive with you, thank you!
See you on December ;)
Cheers from all the staff!

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

My 15 year old son and myself used this dive center to get certified , It was a great experience, they are easy to find , always felt safe while training, and all were a please to visit with. I hope to make it back to Huatulco to dive again with their team. Thanks again.

1  Thank nagogami
LucaHDC, Owner at Huatulco Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Hi Dennis! Thank you very much to you guys for your review!! We hope too to see you again and dive together!! Tell Hayden to keep diving!!
Cheers!