Barcelo Huatulco(Huatulco)
US$229
US$193
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Las Brisas Huatulco(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$98
  • Breakfast included
Quinta Bella Huatulco(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$186
Bookit.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Park Royal Huatulco(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$119
BestDay.com
  • Pool
Princess Mayev Hotel(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$55
Holiday Inn Huatulco(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$70
Binniguenda All Inclusive(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$95
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvilla blancasuper cheminute walkbeach clubsanta cruzla crucecitaloft bedroombreakfast buffetmexican hotelchahue beachbreakfast plantwo blocksorder off the menudining tabletortillassmall balconypool side
Reviewed 13 March 2018

This is our 3rd visit to Hotel VillaBlanca. We do go back, simply because of the community sense at this property. The management and staff go out of your way to ensure you are a happy customer.
And...the best part ever is the SuperBowl party this place throws! I cannot ever remember going to a SuperBowl where I have had so much fun. It truly was planned and thought out well as every guest in that place was having fun. Thank you so very much for a great evening.
Unfortunately, our group did have a few negative thoughts with regards to this hotel. One of the most disgusting things was in my actual room upon arrival. When I went to place our items in the safe, I noticed something black on top. I thought it was maybe a pipe but I couldn't actually see it as it was up too high. I had my husband come and take a look and when he pulled it out, I thought I was going to be sick. It was a black vibrator and believe me, not a back vibrator but a sex toy. I was so very disgusted that this had been overlooked with the cleaning staff. We took a plastic bag and disgarded it and disinfected our room with wipes. The cleanliness of our room was that of a 1 star property. There was feces on the wall by the toilet and when we hung a bathing suit over the rafter in the bathroom, mounds of dust poured out everywhere. I just don't think I can stay in a place that can overlook cleanliness like this.
Again, the hotel overall is very good, but the other complaint our group had was there were 2 people (same ones as last year) who were very very loud and annoying. I know they are long term dwellers at this hotel, but I just hope if they read this they know who they are and maybe it would be best if they could not be so nosy and try not to interfere when people are having a private conversation (as in show up at your table and butt right in). I realize we only spend a week here but we did have a group of 8 people for 3 years in a row and just because we don't spend a month (we all work) it is not reasonable for you to know all about our business.
Again, this is our 3rd time to Huatulco, but just not sure we will be back as we also had an encounter at one of the beaches with the drug cartel, which all made us uneasy and we felt intimidated and not safe. I just hope for the sake of Huatulco that they can rectify all of the ongoing problems you're facing.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing the street. It is very noisy
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank tajetsetter
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We've been here many times (usually January or February) and cannot say enough about the amazing staff and management that feel more like our Mexican family, the fantastic food & drink and the lovely property itself - classic colonial architecture with large, well designed rooms and a great location.

However, something seems to have shifted with the clientele, which appear to be more retired repeat guests (most of them in all the ground floor rooms) that stay for weeks and months at a time. While they all seem lovely, everyone knows everyone and if furniture isn't being re-arranged in the lobby/pool/restaurant areas so 6 or 8 of them can sit together, they have taken up most of the pool loungers as a lot of them don't seem to leave the property during the day. You get the feeling you're crashing someone's extended house party. It's not ageism, I would feel the same way if the place were full of toddlers giving the the hotel the ambience of a creche or groups of footballers partying in their rooms all night . At least toddlers don't smoke ..... OMG......not to be believed. It was everywhere. Very hard to avoid with fans blowing the smoke about in the restaurant and it being trapped within the pool area in the hot, humid air. Curiously, the best seats are designated as smoking areas in the restaurant.

I'm not sure if other hotels engage in this business practice, but it tends to create a "cliquey" environment, fairly common when any single demographic is over- represented for a length of time. A tad awkward for other guests.

We would stay there again in hopes that it was just a bit of bad luck with so many smokers there at the same time. The good definitely outweighs the bad.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank happy2be2014
VillablancaHuatulco, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Villablanca Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Nice to have chosen the Hotel Villablanca for your unforgettable moments.
Good afternoon, We appreciate your hope has fully enjoyed your vacations. We really try to meet and exceed expectations. We hope you enjoyed our beautiful destination. We are grateful for your different visits to our destination and hotel.

A very important part of your vacation is our buffet breakfast, always with the best and freshest ingredients of the region. We try to give you the experience of the mexican commida, different recipes are presented each morning.

Our location is almost perfect, since all the attractions and shopping areas are just a few minutes from our hotel. Without a doubt, we are the ideal hotel to visit and travel around Huatulco. We look forward to your soon return.

Best regards

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We had a nice stay at the Villablanca. It's a lovely Spanish style hotel with a courtyard pool. Older but very clean and well-kept.

The restaurant there was quite good. We booked without the breakfast as we usually don't eat breakfasts anyway- but still had the buffet breakfast one day and it was ok, but a bit overpriced we felt at 180 pesos each- would have preferred to be able to order off the menu. The dinner we ate there was really good! Even the steak.

Our room was on the top floor and lovely and spacious with a loft and king bed up there. Bed was very comfortable and the blackout blinds were great! A bit dangerous walking down those rickety stairs in the dark though- turn a light on!

They brought up a fridge for us which came in handy and we used the coffee machine daily. Bathroom definitely could use a facelift but was nice to have the shower and toilet in a separate room from sink and mirror when you are traveling with a partner.

The hotel obviously is popular with older people- I'd say the average age is about 65 or so. And many are repeat visitors who seem to all know each other. Not that there is anything wrong with that! But it does make 'newbies' feel a little left out and awkward. We still met some friendly people by the pool but if people have a lot of buddies around they tend to talk to strangers less, I find.

Great location other than there is no ocean view and it's on a busy street. Was very quiet at night. Close to walk to the grocery store or to Santa Cruz or Chahue Beach.

The 'La Playa' beach club you get loungers at is a bit dismal. But good swimming in that corner by pier, and at least you do get loungers- they are rare at all the beaches.

All in all, a very nice stay. Pretty good value for the level of hotel.

Room Tip: Lofts on top floor feel very spacious
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rissask
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for Two weeks at the beginning of February. What can you say staff very friendly always smiling and helpful with our little Spanish attempts. Breakfast was amazing and suppers that we did eat there were excellent. Nice small hotel in the center of the area. Easy to walk to Santa Cruz or La Crucecita. I found the visitors were all very nice and friendly the days we hung around the pool. Will return and stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Slevan
VillablancaHuatulco, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Villablanca Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Nice to have chosen the Hotel Villablanca for your unforgettable moments.
Good afternoon, We appreciate your hope has fully enjoyed your holidays
during your stay with us . Thanks for recommending our multiple services that we like : Spa , gym , tennis court and beach club it is just a few minutes (5 min).

We hope you enjoyed the room that was assigned and have been delighted with the sight of our gardens and pool area and also with the different services and amenities that have our room . We hope you have enjoyed our magical nights with live music.
We look forward to your next visit to our beautiful destination. Best regards.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

The staff at Villablanca are professionals and know how to run an awesome hotel. I would definitely not hesitate to stay here again.

It's not right by the beach, but you will save a good amount of money and you still can experience all Huatulco has to offer. There is a nearby (walking distance) beach and they even have shuttles to the beach in the morning. It's easy to get to other beaches, hikes, and attractions via taxi in front of the hotel. There's also a great pool area, bar, and restaurant with live music most if not all nights. The hotel offers free towel rentals.

Definitely get the package with the breakfast included. As other reviews have mentioned, the breakfast is very nice with many options including smoothie station, omelette station, and quesadilla station.

Our room had two levels (bedroom on the top) and was very clean and comfortable. We had a balcony as well.

You won't regret staying here!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric I
VillablancaHuatulco, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Villablanca Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hello...
We appreciate your comments and opinion of your stay with us. Hotel Villablanca Huatulco is located in the commercial area of the destination, we are a few minutes from the city center and just a few minutes from the most famous beaches of Huatulco.

Our breakfast is undoubtedly the best of the destination, we strive to present dishes from our region prepared with the best ingredients. Our kitchen prepares us an infinity of options for your taste.
We are waiting for you very soon.