Holiday Inn Resort Mazatlan
  • Beachfront
US$149
US$145
  • Pool
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$176
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$64
US$548
US$168
US$130
US$105
  • Pool
El Cid Granada Country Club(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$97
  • Pool
Ramada Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$100
Emerald Estates(Mazatlan)
US$1,681
All reviewsone night stayroom keyinfinity poola great staygolden zonegreat hotelocean viewgympalapasunsetbalconyfloortowelsdoradotvbuffetamenities
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

This is a new hotel, only a couple of years old and it has a good location. On the beach front, with a lovely swimming pool and large terrace. The hotel has 13 floors, I was on the 12th floor and got a lovely view of the sunset. I’d come back and stay for a long weekend. It was nice

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Perla G, Gerente Genral at Holiday Inn Resort Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, the facilites,and the view. We are delighted to hear your positive remarks. We hope you can visit us again so we can have the pleasure to serve you at Holiday Inn Resort Mazatlán.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We stayed here the first 2 weeks of February and will definitely stay here again. The staff is really friendly and they all work really hard to make your stay pleasant. Eduardo looked after us very well down on the beach and the deck and we also had great service from Hector and Gilberto in the restaurant. We found the food to be good in the restaurant although we mostly ate breakfast there and had lunches and dinners in various other restaurants near the area and in the town. The beds are super comfortable and the rooms are very clean. Our one complaint is that there is no fridge in the room which made our stay more difficult. Water bottles were complimentary and replenished regularly but the water was always room temperature instead of cold because there was no fridge. The elevator did have some hiccups, but it wasn't a huge issue for us and they were working on it when we were staying there so it'll probably get sorted out soon. Overall, we enjoyed our stay keeping in mind that this is more a hotel than a resort. The location is ideal, right in the golden zone, and the view and the beach are both lovely.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies with great views.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Perla G, Gerente General at Holiday Inn Resort Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

I want to thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Holiday Inn Resort Mazatlán. I will share your comments with our staff. They will be delighted to hear your positive remarks. we hope you can visit us again so we can have the pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

A short walk from the end of the boardwalk, but right on the beach. So, you can walk right out of the hotel and on to the beach without having to cross the street. Or, it is a short walk to the beginning of the beautifully renovated new boardwalk that runs about 3k along the rest of the beach. It's the best of both worlds. It is new and pretty much like you would expect of a new full service holiday inn (not an express) in the USA. Breakfast is extra, but it is a full Buffett with a made to order chef, pool side seating, and great variety. Or, a few steps down the beach is an area of shops and cafes, take your pick. Hot water, new beds, iron, in room coffee with gratis bottled water and best of all, a walk out balcony looking straight out on the ocean. Please mark helpful below, if you agree.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Perla G, Gerente General at Holiday Inn Resort Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us a Holiday Inn Resort Mazatlán. I will share your comments with our staff, they will be delighted to hear your positive remarks. We hope you can visit us again so we can have the pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Modern building, clean and fairly well maintained. Staff friendly and helpful. Service by the pool was excellent! Agree with other reviews, something needs to be done about the elevators! Very annoying. Also the showers do flood the room if you are not careful.

Would I return? Yes if I was going to need a place for a couple of days. Any longer and the elevators would drive me insane

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank aitrav
Perla G, Gerente General at Holiday Inn Resort Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Holiday Inn Resort. I will share your comments with our staff, they will be delighted to hear your positive remarks. We hope you can visit us again more than a couple days, we are working to have more efficient elevators. Please visit us again so we can have the pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

The elevators are soooo slow. They go to several different floors before taking you where you want to go. And I don’t mean many stops in one direction. I mean it feels like the Tower of Terror ride at Disneyland. Up and down, even passing the floor you want to go to. No joke. Even the luggage attendants said the elevators are bad.
The parking is not sufficient for guests. There are minimal spaces. I’ve seen several people come in and park without authorized parking cards.
The service here is a big “no se puede”. We spend all day at the beach and come back to our rooms at 4pm and the rooms STILL AREN’T CLEANED.
The water from the shower leaks all over the bathroom floor even though the door is closed.
At lunch today I ordered a hamburger. I asked for mustard. After 10 minutes I asked again for mustard. 10 minutes later, told them they never brought the mustard. I know is mustard isn’t that important. But these little ticky tacky things have been happening since we got here 5 days ago. Bad customer service. The cleaning lady is rude. My niece walked into their room to grab a jacket while she was cleaning and the maid rolled her eyes and walked out and didn’t finish their room. Ridiculous.

The rooms are good sized and the beds are comfortable. That’s it. Overall the service here is awful.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Christy H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Hi Christy H!

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience! While we're pleased that you liked our spacious rooms and comfortable beds, we regret that there we issues with our housekeeping staff's service, water leakage, elevator, and parking spaces. This is certainly not what our hotel strives for, nor is this our usual or our best. I reached out to you privately to discuss this further, and I look forward to your reply.

Once again, thanks for your feedback, and I hope we win back your heart and try us again!

Safe travels,