“Two Thumbs Up!”

Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I can't say enough good things about our experience at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan, the site of our daughter's wedding on June 1st. Everything was truly superb! The hotel and its grounds were gorgeous--and immaculate!--and its location in the Golden Zone couldn't have been more appealing for those of us who love to shop. The management's and staff's attention given to everyone in our group the entire time we were there (about 5 days for most of us) far exceeded all our expectations. (As the mother of the bride, I felt a little guilty for not having to do more to get ready for a wedding . . . these folks did it all for us, and they did it to perfection.) Thank you, Lance Vient and all your staff, for an exceptional "Destination Wedding" experience. We will be back, and I can assure you that the Hotel Playa Mazatlan is going to receive rave reviews from all 80 of us who were!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear valued guest (SKS248)

It was both a great honor and a privilege to have all of you down here, and for Katie to trust in us to accomplish such a memorable date. I truly appreciate your kind words about me, our staff and the facilities of the hotel, I will let everyone know of your comments, and we will look forward to having you back on a more relaxing vacation in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or travel needs. It was a pleasure to meet all of you.

ltvient@hotelplayamazatlan.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,856)

Reviewed 9 June 2013

It was one of the best vacations to date! The location, accommodations and staff were excellent. I would recommend it to anyone or group traveling to Mazatlan. The environment was absolutely perfect for the wedding I traveled there for. Lance and his staff were able to meet every request we had with no questions asked.

• Stayed: May 2013
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear valued guest (kid1010)

I would like to thank you for your kind words about our staff, accommodations and service. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to meet the expectations set forth by the Cruse – Schliessman wedding group. We will look forward to perhaps hosting either another destination wedding for you guys, or even just a relaxing vacation. Please stay in touch and let me know if I can personally be of service.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

The Hotel Playa staff and management were incredible. They anticipated and fulfilled all of our needs and expectations. Clean property, wonderful service, and a smiling face everywhere! The beach location and the proximity to all the other shops and restaurants in the "Golden Zone" were perfect...walking distance to everything! I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear valued guest (Fedoraman)

We can’t wait to have you back! I am glad to hear that everything met or exceeded expectations, please don’t hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of personal service.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I just got married at the hotel. Everything was absolutely perfect. The staff was wonderful and willing to accommodate with no fuss. There were many people there and the staff was there to help with anything without hesitation.
The rooms were great and all with great views. Te water was always hot and pressure incredible! There were so many different things to do. Kids club, pools, massages, gym, beach and numerous bars and restaurants to fulfill everyone's desires.
My wedding was gorgeous. The set up and ceremony and reception went as smoothly as any bride (zilla) could hope for. I love Mazatlan and plan on returning MANY more times.
My one complaint...in room #550 it would have been nice to have a full length mirror (unless I just missed it).
Thanks from the bottom of my heart to Lance and everyone at the hotel for making my week and my wedding the BEST I could have asked for!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear valued guest (Kschliess)

Hi Katie, it was an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of this occasion with you and your family. I can only hope that we truly met your expectations. We will look forward to having you come back son, and maybe this time get to hang out and see the sites together more. Please don’t hesitate to contact me for anything else that comes up. I will look into installing a mirror in 550.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Spent some time researching hotels be exactly where I wanted to be on the beach - and couldn't have been more pleased with my decision!

We booked an ocean view room, and got a GREAT ocean view hotel room (356). Not sure how we lucked out! Nice king sized bed, huge wraparound patio, huge walk in shower with the BEST pressure that I have ever had anywhere! We had a beautiful view from the porch overlooking the palapas on the beach. In the evening we had a nice view of the couples dancing the night away at the restaurant down below!

We stayed by the main pool one day and watched all of the pool activities. We were there during Nationals holiday/Cinco de Mayo weekend and the place was packed with families. I think that there might have been one other American/Canadian couple at the entire resort this weekend! It was fun to watch all of the kids play in the pool, even if we couldn’t understand them!

We had spent the first part of our trip elsewhere and spent most of our time by a pool – and I actually can say that I missed interacting with the beach vendors! So it was nice to see them for a few days here - especially loved Henry! Beautiful stretch of beach. Nice lunch next door at Joe’s Oyster Bar. Our beach day at the Playa was probably my most favorite day of vacation!

We were only here for three days, so cannot comment on all of the amenities. Juan and others at the front desk was excellent and despite a huge line at check-in, it took less than ten minutes and our room was ready for us at noon. Bonus! Free wi-fi – just ask at the desk. There wasn’t a room safe in our room, but I saw that they did have them behind the front desk.

I definitely would considering staying here again!

Room Tip: We had an ocean view room (356) overlooking the palapas and the beach. Awesome!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iameless
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear valued guest (iameless)

I would like to personally thank you for such positive feedback on your stay. I am happy to hear that you met some of the characters of Mazatlan like Henry and probably Jose or Ramon. I am as well pleased to hear that you enjoyed some of the sites and sound of the hotel; I hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.