“wedding and holiday”

Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 June 2013

attended family wedding and made a holiday of the opportunity . wedding arranged superbly with the help of the owners personal attention. friendly staff, resonable facilities, right on a great beach. bars serve good quality drinks on all inclusive, food was standard but very very good in two themed restaurants, mexican and italian, we ate there as often as we wished. local to all shops and attractions. several kids pools but main pool could be bigger. what was very impressive was an amazing attitude to cleanliness throughout the hotel. party of eighty(80) and not one case of delhi belly .

Room Tip: sea views have the edge. some dont have fridges so ask
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank crustycruse
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear valued guest (crustycruse)

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive comment about our facilities and service, I am in awe that you would have traveled so far, but it was to be expected for Katie and Sean. It was great fun getting to meet you and the rest of the family and friends; we hope you will take the time to come visit us again. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help you in any way.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We just stayed there recently for a friend's wedding and enjoyed everything about it! The rooms were nice, staff was friendly.....and thoroughly enjoyed our massages as well! Would like to thank the staff for all they did for our friends...to make it a gorgeous wedding! Hope to make it back down there one day!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear valued guest (KLambert13)

Thank you for your kind words about our property, staff and the experience we were able to create. We hope you will come down and visit again soon, please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I can't say enough good things about our experience at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan, the site of our daughter's wedding on June 1st. Everything was truly superb! The hotel and its grounds were gorgeous--and immaculate!--and its location in the Golden Zone couldn't have been more appealing for those of us who love to shop. The management's and staff's attention given to everyone in our group the entire time we were there (about 5 days for most of us) far exceeded all our expectations. (As the mother of the bride, I felt a little guilty for not having to do more to get ready for a wedding . . . these folks did it all for us, and they did it to perfection.) Thank you, Lance Vient and all your staff, for an exceptional "Destination Wedding" experience. We will be back, and I can assure you that the Hotel Playa Mazatlan is going to receive rave reviews from all 80 of us who were!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear valued guest (SKS248)

It was both a great honor and a privilege to have all of you down here, and for Katie to trust in us to accomplish such a memorable date. I truly appreciate your kind words about me, our staff and the facilities of the hotel, I will let everyone know of your comments, and we will look forward to having you back on a more relaxing vacation in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or travel needs. It was a pleasure to meet all of you.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

It was one of the best vacations to date! The location, accommodations and staff were excellent. I would recommend it to anyone or group traveling to Mazatlan. The environment was absolutely perfect for the wedding I traveled there for. Lance and his staff were able to meet every request we had with no questions asked.

• Stayed: May 2013
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear valued guest (kid1010)

I would like to thank you for your kind words about our staff, accommodations and service. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to meet the expectations set forth by the Cruse – Schliessman wedding group. We will look forward to perhaps hosting either another destination wedding for you guys, or even just a relaxing vacation. Please stay in touch and let me know if I can personally be of service.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

The Hotel Playa staff and management were incredible. They anticipated and fulfilled all of our needs and expectations. Clean property, wonderful service, and a smiling face everywhere! The beach location and the proximity to all the other shops and restaurants in the "Golden Zone" were perfect...walking distance to everything! I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear valued guest (Fedoraman)

We can’t wait to have you back! I am glad to hear that everything met or exceeded expectations, please don’t hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of personal service.