See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Fiesta Apartments was a nice oasis away from the street vendors and Americanized hotels in Mazatlan. It was very spacious with unique details -- like the stone sculptured shower in the bath. There was a lovely garden and it was back from the main street and quiet. Yolanda was very kind and took good care of us the weekI was there over Christmas break. If you want to stay in the Golden Zone but still retain some authentic Mexico, Fiesta Apartments is the place to stay!

Date of stay: December 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2008

I stayed 3 months at Apartments Fiesta and found the owners to be very helpful and friendly (in English). The location is just about right in that you are 2 block away from 3 laundry places and Cameron Sabalo, which is the main drag in the Golden Zone. It is a 5min walk to the beach. Restaurants and pharmacies, etc, line Cameron Sabalo. The apartment I lived in was simple and quiet, the walls decorated in very creative ways. There are so many plants and trees around the rooms and in their courtyard area that the atmosphere is quite different than you will get elsewhere in the Zona Dorada. It's a family-run place for people who have a limited budget, and I found that if I was out late the lamp outside my door had been switched on so I could see in the darkness upon returning. -Joseph (Arizona)

Date of stay: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 November 2008

Our experience in this place was quite disappointing. We found this place after doing a simple online search for Mazatlan furnished apartments, which brought down some confidence on it. Quite wrong.

On their website they claim to accept Paypal reservations, but it is not true once you contact them directly. They requested a direct deposit on a USA account which I refused to do, and instead told them that I would pay in cash on arrival.

There is absolutely nothing cheap about this place. They charge an average of 80USD a night and this ONLY includes the room.

There is no cleaning provided by them, the remote control does not work, there were dead cockroaches on one of the bedrooms, the towel service was dirty and had body odour, and they still expect the customer to clean absolutely everything (bed linen included) before leaving, but they do not provide laundry facilities of any kind.

The staff is quite unhelpful and dismissive. There was always an excuse to anything we would bring to their attention, even before we finished explaining it. However, they were keen on pointing out their demands from us, such as making sure we wash everything for them or we do not waste too much their resources.

While I could go on describing the lack of services for the inflated price they charge (which has to be payed in advance and is non-refundable no matter how bad the service would be), I will only mention that for the same rate you will be able to find at least 3 different locations in Mazatlan that are far superior than this.

Date of stay: November 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank VICAT
Reviewed 24 December 2005

I try to get to Mazatlan at least once a year and since I usually stay for a month or more, I like to find something affordable. I noticed the link to Fromers for the Fiesta apartments is not working, but they have a website at mazatlanapartments

Their site has pictures and rates that you can compare to anything in Mazatlan. Personally, I believe that it is the best deal for the price in the Golden Zone.

Date of stay: February 2005