Luna Palace Hotel & Suites
US$149
US$145
  • Pool
El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$110
US$448
US$135
Bookit.com
  • Beachfront
El Cid Granada Country Club(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$81
US$558
US$168
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Ramada Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$100
US$119
Orbitz.com
US$130
US$97
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$243
All reviewskitchen cupboardspool areaone bedroom suitetv remotegolden zonethe bell manocean viewdesk staffnice poolswim up barno hot watergolf cartbeach vendorsmaidinventorymexicounlock
Reviewed 14 February 2018

After travelling for the better part of a day, the check-in experience was indifferent and unwelcoming. The first thing we were told was we needed to provide proof of our booking. I asked whether there was a problem with the reservation? Didn’t he have it in the system? Yes, he had it on the screen in front of him, but I still needed to provide a copy of the confirmation. After looking through my phone, I asked, what if I can’t find it? Well. I’m still going to need it, he said. So that took some time, which didn’t cheer me up after 6 hours in a car.

He then asked us to pay our 5-day stay in advance, and when that was done and we thought we were finished, he asked for another 500 pesos per room as a deposit against damage. Whatever.

The rooms themselves have a great view facing the ocean. We got an end unit, which provided a little more room. There is a kitchenette, but there was no cutlery, cups or dishes, and all the cupboards were locked. I soon discovered this is what the 500 pesos were for. We asked for a staff member, who came promptly to unlock them, but she first took inventory of every single item, every spoon, every pot, every dish every glass. I then had to sign that the count was correct. I looked at my wife and said, who would want to steal this crappy stuff anyway? I felt there was a general culture of distrust in the hotel.

At a rate equivalent to $160 Canadian (the rack rate is almost double that), there was a coffee maker but no coffee coffee. A housekeeper brought filters but she said we had to buy coffee ourselves. Good thing we both take coffee unsweetened and black because there was none of that either.

If we left dirty dishes, the documentation said there would be a 60 peso charge, but there was no dish detergent or dishcloth. There was one 500ml bottle of water for two of us when we arrived, and it was not replaced throughout our stay so we had to go buy water too. The walls were barren of decor, no bathrobes, and internet service was crushingly slow at times. Not what I would expect for almost 2400 pesos per night.

On the plus side, the junior suite was spacious and clean, the pool is lovely, the water was very warm and the beach inviting. There were ample deck chairs even though the hotel appeared full. We didn’t try the restaurant but the buffet looked complete and appetizing. The hotel is well situated and an easy walk to restaurants. Inexpensive local transportation is always available, and the poolside margaritas were made with fresh-squeezed limes, moderately priced and delicious.However, if there's a next time, I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
conciergeAna, CONCIERGE at Luna Palace Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear Crunchcom :
We appreciate that you have chosen Luna Palace Hotels as your resting place.
We deeply regret the inconveniences that you had upon your arrival.
We have politas in the company and our team is in charge of taking them to the letter, like asking for a copy of your confirmation, the deposit of $ 500.00 is one of the requirements, as well as the inventory of the kitchens.
Your comments are important for us because thanks to them we can identify areas of opportunities.
We hope they will give us the opportunity to serve them again, we have the confidence to change their perspectives.

Ana MAria Valdes G

Reviewed 6 February 2018

The resort is on the ocean with all rooms having an ocean view. Beds were comfortable, showers had hot water. We were provided a basket of fruit upon registering. The employees are friendly and willing to solve any issue promptly. Only negative, the kitchen cabinets were locked, and if you wanted to use the contents, a full inventory had to be conducted. We passed and purchased styrofoam cups and plates.

Stayed: January 2018
conciergeAna, Concierge at Luna Palace Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear jlroneil12:

We appreciate that you have chosen Luna Palace Hotel as your resting place.
We are pleased to know that our team contributed to make your stay memorable. effectively to use the kitchens of our rooms when opening the cabinets a small inventory is made.
Your comments are very important for us because thanks to them we identify areas of opportunities,
We hope they will give us the opportunity to assist them in the future.

Ana Maria Valdes G.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Stayed the last two weeks of January in Room 5007. The hotel is a little older but our room was very clean and well equipped. It was nice to have a kitchen area to make our own breakfasts and the occasional lunch, and the view from our balcony of the pool area and the ocean was lovely. There were plenty of loungers available and we could sit either at the pool or under the palapas on the beach.
The hotel is very well located close to restaurants and the bus is available right outside the property.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
conciergeAna, concierge at Luna Palace Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Spikem:
Thank you for choosing Luna Palace Hotel as your resting place.
We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay,
Your comments are important to us because thanks to them we identify areas of opportunities.
We hope they give us the opportunity to assist them in the future.
Best regards .

Ana Maria Valds G.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

This stay was half positive half negative. I booked a one bedroom suite ocean view- I got a pool view, not a bad room for the price. As a hotel It can be a great bargain , especially for a family or budget traveler. As a time share, there is room for improvement. I liked the room size, the set up and colors,bedroom seperated from the living room, and two bathrooms feels like a condo. From experience I can tell Luna Palace is set up to be a vacation share that is resold as hotel stay -It reminded me of a mini version of “Torres Mazatlan” . The hotel looks older but you can tell they recently upgraded. Here is where I had problems : There seems to be a disconnection between front desk staff prioritizing the needs of their guests. Three separate ocassions I was brushed off on a simple request. I don’t take such treatment lightly. Another rule by the establishment is that you are forced to wear a bracelet at all times to distinguish you as a guest from outsiders. There must be a big concern with people sneaking into their facilities? Either way I nor my guests have anything to take from this facility except hospitality and we were made to feel more like criminals then guests. At one
point my daughter forgot her bracelet and wasn’t even allowed to get verified by the front desk. But there were a few people that made my stay bearable-The Bellman greeted us with a smile, was very helpful, our house keeper Alejandra and an exceptional waiter by the name of Jose Carlos and last but not least the concierge Ana.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank miburrito
conciergeAna, other at Luna Palace Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Dear guest :
We appreciate you taking your time and sharing your experience at Luna Palace Hotel.
We are pleased to know that our team contributed to make your stay a pleasant one.
We deeply regret some inconveniences that you had during your stay.
Your comments are important to us, because thanks to them we identify areas of opportunities.
We hope you will give us the opportunity to have them back home like at home, we are sure to change your perspectives.
Best regards .

Ana Maria Valdes G:

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I stayed at Luna Palace for 2 weeks after Christmas 2017 and was very happy!

I found the front desk staff to be extremely helpful and patient, in fact, maybe the best group of I've dealt with in Mexico after at least 10 visits (I've lost count). I researched the hotel fairly extensively ahead of our trip so wasn't surprised at tv remote(s) deposits or kitchenette inventories, not that that would have bothered us anyway. I knew ahead the location was close to numerous restaurants, too many to eat at them all, and right on the Sabalo Centro bus line, which we used multiple times to get to Centro as well as a trip to Cerritos beach to boogie board for the first time and Mr Lionsos for a snack after. I really liked the Luna Palace's location on the beach and the hotel front was kept clean by a very hardworking gentleman. I had no trouble getting a lounge on the beach or poolside, the housekeeping in our room by Raquel was topnotch, and all three of the rooms I saw during our stay were nice. Security staff were ever present and were quick to smile and say hello.

The only thing that, for us, could be considered less than perfect was the restaurant and that wasn't because the food wasn't good but rather the accessibility, which I didn't fully understand. They do seem to have a breakfast buffet on Sunday which had Menudo soup if anyone is looking for that. There's also a poolside snack bar with drinks but I think my Spanish was too poor to get the best service although we (my family AND the staff) all tried our best. With so many other places to eat and drink, near and far, we didn't lack for options in the slightest but I would have used the restaurant more to support the hotel if it had been easier. Next time!

To sum it all up, my long awaited return to my favourite Mexican city, Mazatlan, was a 10 out of 10 and that was in large part because of the Luna Palace, the perfect kind of hotel for me. I will be fortunate if I get to return again!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
conciergeAna, other at Luna Palace Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Karrp:
We appreciate you taking your time and sharing your experience during your stay at Luna Palace Hotel.
We are pleased to know that our team contributed to make your stay memorable.
Your comments are important to us because thanks to them we identify areas of opportunity.
We hope you will give us the opportunity to visit us in the future in this your home.

Ana Maria Valdes G: