Review Highlights
Really enjoyed this beach

We were staying at the El Cid El Moro so this was our beach for the week. It was a great place to... read more

Reviewed 3 July 2018
dgadrienne
San Diego, California
Great relaxing place to visit

We took an excursion from our cruise to this resort and it was amazing! The tour guides were very... read more

Reviewed 25 June 2018
taroblis
South Berwick, Maine

Recommended experiences in and around Mazatlan
from US$55.00
from US$50.00
from US$29.99
ZIPLINE
14 Reviews
from US$85.00
More Info
All reviews one bedroom suite swim up bar sales department ocean front restaurants and bars an excursion golden zone resort vendors waiter tide mexico
Reviewed 27 December 2017

This is our first time to Mazatlán. Our room was a one bedroom suite. It was huge. The view from our room was great of the water and the city. The food at this hotel was amazing especially at El Concha. (sorry if I spelled it wrong) The staff was great, everyone is always smiling and very helpful. I would like to recognize some staff. Veronica and Ely at the information desk were wonderful. They always had answers to our questions and were always extremely helpful. Jorje and Kevin in the sales department were great too. When we went to the presentation they were very knowledgeable about everything. We sat in the lobby bar almost every day to read and Brandon was always there with a smile. He always remembered what drinks we would want. The beach is beautiful at this hotel. I think it is the nicest beach that we have seen in Mexico. We also went on 2 tours and they were both great. The food on the tours was awesome and the guides were very nice and knowledgeable. My husband went for a massage and really enjoyed it. He said that if they say it is an 80 minute massage that is what you get which isn't always the case. I would highly recommend this hotel. We had a wonderful time there and wouldn't think twice about coming back again.

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank Debbie P
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Wow! What a neat hotel. Everything was in super great shape! We were on the 15th floor...beautiful! The house-keeping were excellent! Will stop by again!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We are staying at El Cid El Moro this year. 7 years ago when we came to Mazatlan, we stayed at the El Cid Granada. We like the varieties the resort offers and it was very memorable last time we were here. The food has been good and the room is somewhat dated but very spacious. Last night while feeling under the weather; I had gone to get a light supper and some lemon honey tea at La Pergola restaurant. A waiter accidentally dropped a bottle of water and a glass full of ice on my back and all the concern and worry was over the smashed glass on the floor. No one made certain that I was fine and nobody call the next day to follow up on if I was ok or not. I have never had this happen before. I understand accidents happen but to not even check if their accident had hurt anyone is very surprising. I am somewhat disappointed as I expected a lot more from a fairly reputable hotel.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank MTVandenberg
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

First time to Mazatlan and I was very impressed with the hotel. The staff was incredible. The hotel is very well maintained, the rooms nice and the service amazing. The hotel is in a great location. You can walk to many nearby restaurants if you want to leave the hotel but don't have to because this hotel has everything! It even has 3 nice pools and a nice beach right in front.
I want to recognize 3 of the employees. Ana was on the airport shuttle on the way in and set up plans for the week for us. She made the stay so easy by helping us with reservations. Francisco Renteria was our server at the pool and the beach. He was exceptional. He is a very hard worker and his sense of urgency was incredible. He makes me want to come back and visit El Moro for my next vacation. He always made sure we had what we needed. I also highly recommend Cecilia Lizarrago for massages. She very experienced!!! Thank you so much for the great experience and we will be back because of you all!
Lastly, the seafood in Mazatlan is sooooo delicious!!!! :)

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Donj714
Reviewed 5 May 2017

my experience was wonderful, i can honestly say that everyone in there works EXTREMELY HARD they all deserve prizes for being so amazing. When we got there we were upgraded to a suite which was an amazing surprise! The initial suite we got was on the 18th floor part ocean view and part city, it also had a balcony and it was wonderful but the noise from the street was a bit loud being that it was motorcycle week in Mazatlan, the balcony i found was a bit dangerous for my son who is three, there are no railings and the space beneath and above is quite big i was so afraid my son could have fallen from there when i expressed my concern to the front desk they did not hesitate and quickly changed my room further down the hall to an ocean view without balcony( which i was so relieved about) but with these amazing windows from ceiling to floor. The suite was very big had two queen beds in the room a pull down bed in the living room and two bathrooms everything was always so clean the maids are all amazing they work very hard and everyday they cleaned our rooms. The pools are pretty nice, they have activities for everyone throughout the day and there is a separate 3ft pool for children which is where we spent most of the time. The beach is literally right in front and absolutely beautiful. They clean it daily. There are various restaurants within the resorts, 2 in el moro and another 2 within walking distance in castilla, which is connected with el moro. We loved "la concha" for breakfast we would sit right in front of the ocean and enjoy our breakfast each morning. For dinner the buffet was free or we can make reservations for dinner in one of the restaurants by paying 20 per person on our plan, but you can go to them for lunch without charge, so we would eat at the restaurants for lunch and for dinner we would go to the buffet "la pergola." Our absolute favorite restaurant was "La terraza" which is located in El CID Marina OMG such amazing food there, our waiter was Jose Isabel, what a great person he helped me chose my meal and was very patient and sweet in recommending items for us and our son to order but let me tell you that i had a rib eye and omg it was one of the greatest steaks ive had, very nice and juicy. Towards our last days there we went back to La Terraza for dinner because it was so amazing and the manager was so kind and amazing with us, hands down our FAVORITE restaurant from the EL CID resorts. For those who want to purchase souvenirs, pool accessories, sunscreen you dont have to worry about going anywhere far since the resort has vendors within it and they have plenty to chose from. Every night the resort has shows in the theater located in el moro and omg they are fantastic, great great job to the entertainment crew because they are very good at what they do! we loved every show. Everything was absolutely amazing shout out to Ana from the club who hosted us from the airport to the resort and gave us all the information we needed as well as anything else we needed throughout the week, she was truly so amazing and sweet i am so happy to have met her. my best recommendation is to come with pesos already that way it is more convenient but there are ATMs in the local where you can withdraw money already converted as pesos. We had one bad experience in our stay, there is a photography vendor in the resort, no one really gave me a straight answer if they do work for EL CID resorts but they go around the resort offering to give you a free 30 minute session and you get 2 courtesy photos from the resort which is true and if you want to order more you can at 100 pesos each, everything was great we agreed to do it and they were nice but once you get there to get your photos they start to write down the "actual" costs of everything and basically push you into getting a package, we explained many times that we did not want a package and they basically said that we were wasting their time by having them chose a photo or two for us to buy additional photos, the woman who took care of us then proceeded to call the manager and basically tried to have him convince us into getting a package and what were going to give them for their work, this was such an awful experience we felt horrible i didnt like that they kept pushing it on us and they honestly ruined our last day in the resort. Other than that awful experience, we had an amazing time in El CID absolutely everything was wonderful it was one of our most memorable vacations, we took an excursion to deer island everything was so beautiful, the people that host it do push you into giving them tips at the end and its not really an option the way they word it lol. We also had an AMAZING relaxing massage by Maria elena and esther they were so sweet, again everyone in there is absolutely amazing!!

Date of experience: April 2017