“Clean and safe”

El Cid El Moro Beach
Ranked #21 of 108 things to do in Mazatlan
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We spent quite a bit of time on this beach, and had a great time. It's safe even for little ones (we had a one year old with us, and were not worried about her.) When the tide goes out there is a lot of scavenging to be done. Nice shells and beach glass are easy to find. The vendors are not terribly aggressive either, so it's a nice place to hang out

All reviews
"seafood"
"cid"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 27 December 2017

This is our first time to Mazatlán. Our room was a one bedroom suite. It was huge. The view from our room was great of the water and the city. The food at this hotel was amazing especially at El Concha. (sorry if I spelled it wrong) The staff was great, everyone is always smiling and very helpful. I would like to recognize some staff. Veronica and Ely at the information desk were wonderful. They always had answers to our questions and were always extremely helpful. Jorje and Kevin in the sales department were great too. When we went to the presentation they were very knowledgeable about everything. We sat in the lobby bar almost every day to read and Brandon was always there with a smile. He always remembered what drinks we would want. The beach is beautiful at this hotel. I think it is the nicest beach that we have seen in Mexico. We also went on 2 tours and they were both great. The food on the tours was awesome and the guides were very nice and knowledgeable. My husband went for a massage and really enjoyed it. He said that if they say it is an 80 minute massage that is what you get which isn't always the case. I would highly recommend this hotel. We had a wonderful time there and wouldn't think twice about coming back again.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Wow! What a neat hotel. Everything was in super great shape! We were on the 15th floor...beautiful! The house-keeping were excellent! Will stop by again!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We are staying at El Cid El Moro this year. 7 years ago when we came to Mazatlan, we stayed at the El Cid Granada. We like the varieties the resort offers and it was very memorable last time we were here. The food has been good and the room is somewhat dated but very spacious. Last night while feeling under the weather; I had gone to get a light supper and some lemon honey tea at La Pergola restaurant. A waiter accidentally dropped a bottle of water and a glass full of ice on my back and all the concern and worry was over the smashed glass on the floor. No one made certain that I was fine and nobody call the next day to follow up on if I was ok or not. I have never had this happen before. I understand accidents happen but to not even check if their accident had hurt anyone is very surprising. I am somewhat disappointed as I expected a lot more from a fairly reputable hotel.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

First time to Mazatlan and I was very impressed with the hotel. The staff was incredible. The hotel is very well maintained, the rooms nice and the service amazing. The hotel is in a great location. You can walk to many nearby restaurants if you want to leave the hotel but don't have to because this hotel has everything! It even has 3 nice pools and a nice beach right in front.
I want to recognize 3 of the employees. Ana was on the airport shuttle on the way in and set up plans for the week for us. She made the stay so easy by helping us with reservations. Francisco Renteria was our server at the pool and the beach. He was exceptional. He is a very hard worker and his sense of urgency was incredible. He makes me want to come back and visit El Moro for my next vacation. He always made sure we had what we needed. I also highly recommend Cecilia Lizarrago for massages. She very experienced!!! Thank you so much for the great experience and we will be back because of you all!
Lastly, the seafood in Mazatlan is sooooo delicious!!!! :)

1  Thank Donj714