“An amazing experience!!!”

The Inn at Mazatlan
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
Reviewed 27 November 2012

This hotel is just great my husband and I stayed there three months ago. It was my first trip to Mazatlan and I was very nervous about my decision because I wanted it to be perfect. I'm glad that I decided to stay at this beautiful hotel. It has a perfect view of the ocean and everything is so clean, but the best thing was that the employees were really nice to us and they helped us to find good restaurants and places to visit. They give us maps and always answered all of our questions with a smile. If you go to Mazatlan and you decided to stay at The inn at Mazatlan you'll only have to worry about having fun. Hope this helps.

Finally, I would like to say thank you to the receptionist Adrian and the phone operator Angela they were very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
THEINNATMAZATLAN, General Manager at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2013

Dear M. Solfierro:
Thank you for your ever so kind and pleasant comments regarding our beautiful hotel! I have always believed that service starts with anticipation of a guests needs and ends withrespect and warmth.
I will certainly share your kind comments with Angela and Adrian.
Very truly yours,

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Overall the experience was nice. The hotel staff was friendly although check-in was a little bumpy because they couldn't find my reservation at first. The bell-man was super friendly and always rushing to get the door for me. Check-out was smooth but lots of paper.

I did use the spa for a massage which was nice and affordable. They spoke very little English and my Spanish is not that good but we made it through.

This is an older property but well maintained. My room was clean and a decent size with a nice view of the courtyard and pool area. They could use some additional servers around the pools as it took a while to get a drink.

The sunsets on the beach are amazing and shouldn't be missed.

Room Tip: I think higher rooms would have a nicer view of the ocean and sunset. I was on the 2nd floor so cou...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Dear M. CJDembow:
Thank you for your comments about your visit, it is always important to receive constructive feedback and reply to your comments. Unfortunately we did see some turnover in Food and Beverage servers during the time you were here but that has been corrected. Again, thank you for pointing this out as I discussed this exact issue with our F&B Manager.
We will look forward to a future visit for you to enjoy more of our beautiful sunsets and beaches.
Cordially yours,

Reviewed 22 November 2012

I love the Inn at Mazatlan. The pools are fantastic, romantic and refreshing...very clean. The restaurants are superb. The Inn is impeccable, friendly and welcoming. Great day Spa, fun activities for the families (releasing baby sea turtles into the wild), crafts. There are great day trips easily arranged by the staff. AND of course it is right on the beach. There is an island across the bay easily gotten to on boat or jet ski. It is deserted except for a lovely snack and beverage bar open during the day. The equally lovely draw is the city of Mazatlan steeped in history and culture.

If you can't have a good time here, you really aren't trying.

Room Tip: Select a room higher than the 4th floor for the best views of the ocean (There are facilities in a l...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Ms Franz:
How delightful and mmuch appreciatied are your comments!
On behalf of all our Staff, we thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience here at The Inn. Our Spa and the Papagayo Restaurant are two of many pleasant stages to a wonderful vacation where we are always trying to make our guests stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. We will look forward to your next visit and hope you have even more fun.
Yours truly,

Reviewed 18 November 2012

We stayed at The Inn last month for a week and could not have been happier with our experience. Genuinely friendly staff everywhere, amenities were plentiful and the room was fabulous, clean and with a great ocean view. The food in Papagayo's was incredible....but most important was our good fortune to meet the general manager, Mr. Alberto Andrade. Mr. Andrade reflects the warmth and hospitality of a five star hotel with profesionalism and diplomacy foremost. If you can spare a few moments, ask the staff to have an introduction with Mr. Andrade. He will welcome you with charm and grace and make you feel as if you are his first priority for experiencing an unforgetable vacation. We did have a fabulous vacation and know that we'll be back again with more friends in the future. Thanks for making this an unforgetable stay Mr. Andrade. We look forward to enjoying your hospitality in the future. ......RGG

Room Tip: Higher up in the tower for great vista or low rise for closeness to pools and restaurants....either...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roger g

Dear Mr. Roger G:
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and person which I am at a loss for words to respond to but I do appreciate them with much humility...Tthank you!!
My desire is to continue to improve our beautiful resort every day and that our staff continue this tradition...they are indeed whom I appreciate as they lead the way to guest satisfaction.
Please forgive my delay in answering you as I have been on Holiday and catching up on my correspondence. Again thank you and may 2013 be in heavenly and prosperous year for you and yours.
Respectfully yours,

Reviewed 17 November 2012

When we arrived at the Inn, we were greeted by smiling staff who bent over backwards to make our stay the best it could ever be. Staff quickly learned our names, and we were always greeted by a name and a smile. The suite was just beautiful. 2 bedrooms, 3 full baths plus living room, dining room and kitchen, plus a balcony with lounge chairs on the 14th floor that overlooked the Pacific. Suite was cleaned and ready for us daily. Even the balcony was cleaned daily. We really enjoyed d the towel animals that greeted us each evening when we were ready to turn in. Food and bar at the Papagayo Restauratnt on property didn't disappoint. Good food and very satisfying. Again, staff greeted us by name. When we downloaded the pictures from the camera, we had sunsets and more. Each sunset was more beautiful than the day before. Weather was still warm and delightful.

Room Tip: ask for a Pacific view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Carol H:
I agree that our sunsets are one of a kind, I am fortunate to enjoy them all year and rarely is there a day without being in awe. I have been the GM for over 16 months here, and the staff also continues to amaze me how they remember people by names and when you return, they will greet you as if you were yesterday. The warmth and cordiality runs in all of their veins and this is uncomparable for all resorts.
I sincerely appreciate you sharing such lovely comments about your enjoyable stay and we will definitely be ready to greet you on your next visit.
Most cordially yours,