The Inn at Mazatlan
El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$149
  • Beachfront
US$149
US$145
  • Pool
El Cid Granada Country Club(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$81
  • Pool
Ramada Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$97
US$119
Orbitz.com
US$100
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$243
All reviewspapagayo restaurantnew towerinca buildingwelcome homegolden zonetime sharetimeshare ownerszona doradalobby areajunior suiteyear after yearsecond homethe entire staffthe beach is greatwait stafftwo double bedsrelaxing vacation
Reviewed 26 March 2018

The hotel was under major construction. It was noisy, it was dirty, and there was no semblance of the nice hotel I had seen in previous years. I was looking forward to a nice comfortable stay and ended up with a motel like experience. It appears they have a huge amount of construction remaining, which I would expect will take months if not years to complete. There was no offer of compensation for the inconveniences and the price paid did not represent the conditions that we experienced. Will find it very difficult to go back, even after the construction is done.

Room Tip: dont go there until next year, unless you like construction
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 418dnl
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Despite the construction and remodeling during the day, the hotel staff were extremely pleasant. Stays in prior years I would have given this hotel an excellent plus, plus rating. Now under new ownership, many of the employees we were fond of are no longer there.
There are many activities available on site, both for adults and children
The ability to walk to the little shops and straw market and not feel threatened is amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This is a rather small resort in both rooms and property size compared to some others, however it is in the Golden Zone and there are many restaurants, shopping, etc. available within walking distance or short ride.
The small size is something that we enjoyed - it allowed us to get to know both staff members as well as other travelers to the resort.
Our two bedroom condo was exactly as pictured on the web site. Minor wear and tear. Daily maid service.
They were very low on amenities: no lobby, no lobby bar, no swim-up bar, really no open common areas to hang out other than by the pool in pool chairs. No documentation given at check-in. (So,no map or info on restaurant hours, no activity listing, etc.)
We enjoyed the location and would love to go back . . . however we are a bit hesitant due to the massive construction project that is ahead of them.

One downside was that my husband was stung by a stingray while in the ocean. Security, the lifeguards and nurse did a GREAT job of responding. I don't know that we would have gotten even close to that kind of service at any other resort we've stayed at.

Staff members who went above and beyond:
- Servers Louis and Isaac who remembered our drinks and even our room numbers and were extremely pleasant and were part of the "vacation vibe"
- Lifeguard Bernardo who helped out my husband when he was stung by the stingray. He checked back in with him numerous times and we ended up getting to know him well and consider him friend.
- Nurse Theresa who treated my husband related to the sting. She did a great job and communicated very well despite not a strong grasp of English.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank SuzetteWi
Reviewed 2 March 2018

We would have cancelled due to the construction. The noise and other inconveniences were overwhelming. My wife had to sleep over at her cousin's house most of the time. The employees were very good but the front desk were a little rude. Overall, my vacation was ruined and I overpaid grossly overpaid for this socalled vacation. I had never had a noisier hotel room in all my previous trips to Mexico. Did I have an unhappy experience, you bet your life.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jandetovar
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Yes, there is construction during the day.But there is so much to do in the area that we were not too bothered. The Wait, Cleaning and Valet staffs are kind and friendly, but the Desk Staff are rude, gossip about guests ( some guests do speak Spanish) and not helpful. We only stayed 3 days with other family members and as long as we all were together, we had a good time. Ask for a room far from the construction. If noise is an issue then you may not want to stay here for at least a year. If snobby desk staff set you off...then do not stay here.

Stayed: February 2018