“Excellent all around”

Metamorphosis Day Spa
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Why didn't I search for massages on Trip Advisor last year?! Well, I did so this time and this little gem popped up. The shiny, five-star average is so well-deserved!

ATMOSPHERE:
You'd never guess how tranquil the massage rooms are by looking at the shop from the outside. The cramped entry area includes mani & pedi stations, the cashier and waiting area. The next room back has a restroom/shower and where the therapists wait for clients. Further back is where the treatment rooms are, a total of maybe six including a couples room, all in cool a/c comfort. The massage rooms are private with curtains for doors so they're not soundproof but others there were quiet and respectful.

THERAPISTS:
While we had future reservations but my shoulders and neck were hurting for the past week so I wanted a massage ASAP! Walked in and luckily scored a 60-minute session with Noe for $40. He asked of any problem areas and pressure I prefer (medium for me). The table was comfortable and the sheets clean. Relaxing music played overhead while a diffuser pumped in more subtle scents. A whiff of eucalyptus oil started my 60-minutes of bliss perfectly. My only complaint is that he didn't do a scalp or facial massage.

I returned four days later for my pre-scheduled $60, 90-minute session with Abraham. He did an excellent "Metamorfosis Massage" which was a combo of shiatsu, Swedish, Hawaiian lomi lomi and Thai. He really knows how to read your body, did flowing techniques that felt great, checked with pressure concerns throughout and did a scalp and facial massage. Ahh... Highly recommended!

SERVICE:
The woman at the front, who I assume is the owner, was super friendly and engaging and helped set our appointments.

Noe and Abraham both are friendly, professional, skilled therapists.

TIPS:
I liked the use of sheets & towels to remove excess massage oil at the finale.

Pay in pesos or USD.

OVERALL:
What a find! Professional and quality services at affordable prices. A definite repeat.

All reviews
"couples massage"
in 17 reviews
"swedish massage"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this spa"
in 6 reviews
in 26 reviews
"pv"
in 129 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We knew from Trip Advisor that this was the number one rate spa...but for years could not attend as appointments were always full when we came down. We booked an appointment a few weeks ahead to get the time slot we wanted ($10 deposit hassle free) and are glad we did as they are almost entirely booked right now. Angie the owner is very friendly and extremely professional. Her staff mirror that, but given that they appear to be all family, it must run in the genes. Everyone was very attentive and professional. My partner and I had the massage and facial. While the facial was one of the best I experienced, it was the massage Charlie gave me that was exceptional. Checking in on areas of concern, he did not over dedicate time and attention to that concern and made sure my entire torso was looked after with ever limb down to toes and fingers included. The massage was a little unusual insofar as it combined some pleasant chiropractic like pulling and stretching without it being too much and thus remained altogether relaxing. Without going into any details so as not to embarrass anyone, Angie proactively accommodate as last minute business issue that spoke volumes of her business acumen. Highly recommended establishment and worth multiple visits in one tour!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I put off, for way too long, getting a pedicure during our 10 week stay in Puerto Vallarta ... I have had so many bad ones over the years with unsterilized tools!! When I finally read all of the glowing reviews for Angie and her staff at Metamorphosis, I arranged for an appointment for a mani-pedi. Cynthia did an amazing job on my fingernails. But when she began working on my toes, unbeknownst to me, my big toe nail was badly torn through most of the bed. Angie assured me that they would patch it “no problemo”. And they did ... but in the meantime they had to rearrange schedules to accommodate me and my lack of diligence. What an amazing staff that can work together to solve a problem and make the offender feel so special!! Kudos to Angie, Cynthia and the other young lady that came to my rescue!! You have an amazing business that is so very skilled and customer focused!! Next year, I will make appointments as soon as I arrive!! Mucho gracias!!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

So, we hadn’t plan to visit this spa, but after several recommendations we decided to give it a visit. Wow! The staff is fantastic. My wife and I booked a couples’ massage and pedicure and both were phenomenal! The staff was beyond courteous, and the owner Angie makes you feel like part of the family. Spots fill up pretty quickly so run over and sign up for a spot! We had Charlie and Claudia for massages and Miriam and Cynthia for pedicures. You won’t regret a decision to visit metamorphosis...we will be returning!