We spent one of the busiest holiday weeks in Puerto Vallarta and we were in the middle of all the action at Los Arcos Suites. It's a great hotel if you don't want to take a cab anywhere, because most everything you need to see or do (beach, restaurants, margaritas, street tacos, shopping, Saturday Farmer's Market, water activities, water taxis to far off beaches) is right outside your door.
The hotel is located in the Zona Romantica, just a block from Playa de Los Muertos. Our first room was located on the street side with a nice large balcony and a great view of the pretty decorations outside. But we had to move, because there was noisy construction in the room right above us. Rock, the manager, did his best to accommodate our requests and we ended up in a room facing the courtyard. And we're glad we moved because New Year's Eve festivities get pretty loud and the biggest party in PV was right outside. (We didn't hear it in our courtyard facing room.)
The rooms are respectable, not super fancy. Bathroom area is quite small. We traveled with our teenaged daughter and she slept on the pullout couch. There is also a mini fridge and kitchenette. The hotel is connected to Playa Los Arcos and you'll have access to their beach and pool. The service at the beach was great. They'll set up your chairs and umbrella. There are quite a number of vendors who will approach you, but a friendly "no" works and they will walk on. Again, not super, high-end resort fancy, but the clean and efficient.
There is a great view of the pier and all the beach restaurants are close by. The best spot for lunch is to grab street tacos at Peter and Carmen's a hole-in-the-wall just a half block up on Manuel M. Dieguez. There is also a great coffee spot nearby, Dee's Coffee where you find all the ex-pats.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOS ARCOS SUITES is a beautiful and cozy boutique style hotel of exquisite colonial Mexican architecture. Without any doubt, this hotel is the perfect place to stay and enjoy an unforgettable vacation on the beach, the best option for honeymoons, a couple getaway or a family fun vacation. PERFECTLY LOCATED in the heart of the Romantic Zone, an area full of galleries, restaurants and incredible nightlife, only steps away from the vibrant downtown adn the famous brodwalk of Puerto Vallarta. You can have the Restaurant and Bar, Beach Cub, and the Spa sevices of our sister hotel Playa Los Arcos, located half block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Los Arcos Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Arcos Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Los Arcos Puerto Vallarta