US$169
US$113
US$199
US$150
Bookit.com
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$211
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$297
  • Free Breakfast
Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$200
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$120
Official Hotel
Costa Sur Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$156
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$370
El Pescador(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Pool
Las Palmas by the Sea(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationcommunity kitchenfredy's tucanmexican hotelromantic zonebasilio badillozona romanticasmall poolbudget hotelno elevatorexcellent breakfastart galleriestwo blockscharming hotelceiling fanthird floorshort walk to the beach
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I just checked out and it's important that other travelers know exactly what they are getting for $100.00 US a night. I am an ex-pat that has lived in Mexico for over 20 years and have reviewed many hotels over the years. My experience was over all ok but there are somethings you need to know. The room you are paying for doesn't have a window. If you want a window it's 200 pesos extra or about 10 US.
The place has a small pool but it is not heated. The room itself is very Spartan. The beds are hard and the room smells of mildew. I tried to check out one day early and they told me I would be penalized for one nights stay since I booked through Expedia. Aside from the conditions of this aging hotel the staff are nice and the facilities are very clean. I think if we come back we will stay at a nicer place and pay extra. This hotel left me with the feeling of being nickle and dimed. I recommend it if your traveling with dogs or cats. We didn't see any kids during our stay and the hotel caters to adults. Also keep in mind there is no parking if you drive here and you have to park on the street.
Overall I give this place a 3 on a scale of 1-10.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Valdezmark
HotelPosadaDeRoger, Director General at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Hello, we apologize we did not satisfy your expectations, we will work on the points you quoted.

We would like to mention the room that you reserved originally was an economy room which as clearly specified in expedia.com is a room without window.
We always compare our price with the other hotels in the same area and they are more expensive than usual, because you visited us in the middle of the peak season – New year’s week (if you come in low season you can find the same room at $ 34 usd per night approximately, our average room rate during the year is 70 usd).
Hotels and travel agencies have polices that must to be honored for modifications and early check-outs, that’s why we warn you may be penalized.
In the other hand, I'm sorry but we don't accept pets.

Thank you so much for your comments, and please feel free of come back and have another point of view of us.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We stumbled onto the Posada Roger 18 years ago and have never stayed anywhere else in Puerto Vallarta. It is a great location 1 1/2 blocks from the beach and there must be at least 50 restaurants within a block or two. Great breakfast place down below called Freddy’s Tuscan. The great thing about this hotel is they have the same employees so we have know some of them for 18 years. They take such good care of us and I can’t wait until next Halloween when I go back. Stay here you won’t regret it and you will never stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I like the 2nd floor rooms because the pool is there but you can’t go wrong with any of the rooms.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Cathy H
HotelPosadaDeRoger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thank you so much for your comment and your preference, we are always looking forward to offer an excellent service, we hope to have you here for a long time more.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

An almost maze of stairs and landings, rooms and plants, pool and art touch and did I mention plants, plants, plants? Old gay men from 'merica. Welcome.

many roof tiles
local families dropping
haikus in the pool

Best off all, super supportive and genuinely kind staff, especially the older ones, the hard working and warm hearted women (who kindly offered us to stash our bag there on our way back through town from Yelapa).

Roger Daltry could pine for his lost hair here. Ditto Roger Moore. It's that kind of inclusive place.

A super one-off old school hotel to stay in a tourist-y kinda' town. They care about their inn and guests.

Room Tip: Great by the pool !
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Recovering_Hungarian

Reviewed 22 December 2017

If you want a wonderful Mexican experience, here is you chance not something you would find in .downtown USA. The staff are wonderful and very caring and the location is wonderful. A few steps to the beach and plenty of great restaurants in all price ranges. Try it but remember you are in Mexico not downtown Chicago or Minneapolis.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank sheldon w
HotelPosadaDeRoger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Due to unforseen circumstances we had to move our flight a day later, so I emailed and called the hotel to let them know. They assured me no problem other than the fact that I would still have to pay for the first night even though I wouldn't be there for it. That's totally fine. But when I arrived a day late, they told me they gave my room away for not showing up on Day 1. Keep in mind I pre-paid for my 4-night stay so they're making double the money here. They finally offer to let us stay at their higher end hotel if I pay the difference and also find transportation or walk the 10 blocks with our luggage to get there. I said this wasn't I paid for and asked if there was anything else. They said they had an apartment just a couple blocks away that wouldn't cost anything extra. We were tired so we decided to just go with it. This place had a half roll of toilet paper, hand soap, and thankfully bed sheets. But that's it. At least we had a place to sleep. We didn't get a single apology this entire time by the way. The lady at the front desk didn't seem to care about our situation at all.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sean L
HotelPosadaDeRoger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear Sean.

I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. I sincerely apologize because the apartment where you stayed did not satisfy your expectations, but let me try to explain our position:

At our website (www.hotelposadaderoger.com) we highly recommend to our guests that in case of any modification or cancellation for their reservation it should be notified through email, that is because it is the only way to prove the guest’s request to modify or cancel the reservation.

We cannot confirm any phone call from you. Maybe, since you made the reservation through a travel agency, you spoke with your travel agency thinking that you were spoken with someone of our staff, and they did not let us know that you were arriving the day after.

We waited for your arrival until the day after your original check-in date, then, since nobody called us or emailed us, we thought that you were never coming to the hotel, so we sent a notification to the travel agency canceling the reservation. According to our cancellation policy we had charged you just the night of the “no show” not the entire stay.

After you arrived the day after, the hotel was already full and the room that you had reserved was unfortunately already rented (we kept it empty until 12 PM of the day after your reservation).

When you showed up to the front desk we tried to do our best by offering you two options:
1) Stay in one of our luxury apartment just half block from here (paying an upgrade).
2) Stay in another apartment two blocks from the hotel without paying upgrade.

You chose the second option, but we reiterate our apologize and understanding that the apartment was not of your liking and/or expectation, but that was the best thing we could do to not let you without any help or place to stay.

And please, fell free to come back and have a better experience, we will do our best so this does not happen again.