All reviews upgrade to a junior suite the location is perfect playa los muertos view of the ocean alex malecon pvr housekeeper servers
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

3 of us travelled down to Puerto Vallarta over the Easter holiday. The experience was absolutely amazing the staff at this hotel are so friendly with anything you need.
The food was amazing every meal is always something different , never got bored of eating and trying new things.
Housekeepers at this business do a wonderful job from the pool decks to the rooms no mess anywhere .
Our room was facing the city and that made the experience even better, was almost like living there , loved every minute of my vacation and will be staying at San Marino again!

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Our first time staying at this hotel and we found it was great . The hotel was very clean, the staff were excellent and the food was great! Great central location to explore the city.
Joel and Moreno? Were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: There’s a street side which is noisy, but interesting and an ocean view side
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank wadeapp
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I have stayed at this Hotel 8 times plus, and have always had a Great visit.My last visit was March 4 to March 11. The San Marino is located in one of the Best areas of Puerto Vallarta, right in " Old Town" on Olas Altas. The location is a big part of what you pay for if you want the real PV experience. Right on the beach and in Old Town. The Staff are Great! There are so many of the Hotel Employees that have been there for over the 8 years that I have been coming to this Hotel, That must say something about the dedication these wonderful people have for thier Employer and thier Guests. I have written previous reviews of this Hotel and I stand by them All. The San marino has never let me down, and every stay has always been very enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
HSMmanager, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at San Marino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello! We really aprecciate your comments and your preference, it make us happy to know you enjoy your time here everytime, as you mention many of our staff been here for years so it is really great when we see someone frecuently, like you. Thank you so much and as always Welcome Home!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Well this wasn’t the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at – the place all and all was clean and staff was polite. The location is beyond amazing! I will try and break it down a little.

The rooms – we were on the 7th floor right across from the elevator (great for street noise, not great for in front of the elevator noise). The room was clean and very basic– two beds (not as hard as I thought they would be). We chose to not get the lock for the safe as we don’t really trust room safes to begin with. We looked out on to the street with a side view of the ocean and with as much as we were in the room it was totally fine. Two English speaking channels on TV which again don’t spend much time in the room so no big deal. We did have some issues with the shower and the hot/cold taps – it took two days & two separate calls for them to get working properly.

Food / drink – breakfast was pretty basic. The ideal time to eat seems between 830-930am. Before 830 things get crazy as well as after 930am. My boyfriend had an omelet each day but was disappointed there was no bacon, I just had toast with jam and some fruit. Lunch seemed to vary in regards to hours – some days it was 1230pm and some days it was 1pm. The lunch was very yummy! Always had fries and fruit and fish. We always felt full after lunch. We did not eat supper on the resort, to many places in the area that appealed more.
They did not start serving drinks till 11am so we did end up going to the OXO and Kiosko a few times. There drink menu was limited. We did try almost all of the selections throughout the week and settled on the rum punch and tom Collins. As I stated before we were off the resort by 7pm each night so the fact that they stopped serving at 10pm each night did not affect us.

Couple more notes:
The beach gets super busy on the weekends – you need to put a towel on the chair by breakfast – snacks before lunch are not there; we got stuff again from the OXO.

All and all a really nice hotel for the amount you are paying – would I stay there again , probably not but I would stay in the area.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
HSMmanager, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at San Marino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello, we aprecciate the time you took to give us a review and tell us about your time with us, thank you for your comments and all the information, it really help us to know everything so we can continue improving and giving you a great experience.
Thank you again and we hope we can serve you again! Regards.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

The San Marino hotel is located on the beach in front of the Los Muertos hotel.
The hotel staff was very friendly, quick to meet expressed needs and helpful. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, were very well maintained and exceptionally clean.

We rode an Uber to/from the airport/hotel. The rate was $10 US dollars each way. We felt safe walking in the surrounding neighborhoods during the day and evening.

Although we had a good experience with our stay at the San Marino, I have a mixed reveiw for you. This is a hotel in transition. We were placed in a room that had not been rennovated yet. This may be because we booked via a website at a discounted rate. We were in a nice property on the beach in the romantic district of Puerto Vallarta. Plus, the room was very clean. So, we were willing to overlook the 70's appearance of the room. The bedding was new and the room was freshly painted. The beds were hard and stiff. We wondered if the mattresses were actually box springs. One of the beds had a foam pad on it. So, we we asked for a foam pad on the other bed. They quickly brought a 3" thick pad and the bed was remade. The bathroom did not have any facial tissues, hand soap, shampoo or conditioner. When I mentioned this to the front desk, I was told they should have been in the room and he would talk to the maid. The room had a safe; which is a big plus. You need to ask for the lock to the safe at the front desk. The hotel has free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel also offers an all-inclusion rate.

Kudos to the staff - their friendly service made our stay at the San Marino fun.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hello!
Thank you for your time and for giving us a review, we aprecciate all your information, every detail it is really helpful to us, also thank you for your kind comments about the staff, we are always happy to help and make your stay a great experience.

Warm regards from San Marino!