“Top shelf in every way!”

Ranked #10 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 16 January 2018

From the time we arrived, to the final checkout, I was impressed. Having traveled to Mexico a dozen times, this was far and away the best experience we have had. The check in, the room, the wait staff at the pool, the restaurants, and the concierge desk was helpful, kind and motivated to help us in every way possible. When we missed the departure time for our romantic cruise due to a website error, the concierge connected me with the Vallarta Tours directly and within five minutes we had rescheduled and saved hundreds of dollars.
My wife and I met the Director of Operations, Fred Ruiz in the foyer on our third day and he was very interested in our experience and we chatted for five minutes about the excellent quality of his Marriot. We also met him two days later walking the facility/pool, and he recognized us and expressed genuine concern about our experience. This type of customer service and connection take this Marriot facility to the next level, and it is my favorite vacation so far.

Stayed: January 2018
4  Thank westbeast
David G, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear westbeast,

Thank you so much for coming and for this fabulous review and kind words!
I couldn't be happier to read through your fantastic stay with us and I'm so glad that we met your expectations and needs regarding customer service, we really try our best to make our guests feel like they're home, and since you're family to us, it could not be other way.
I'm really looking forward to welcoming you again and keep knowing each other!

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (3,461)

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this Marriott with points for two nights prior to our check in at Vidanta. This place is a gem, in the midst of being “updated” though. Thank goodness there was no remodeling going on over Christmas. Nice new lobby, lobby bar (our favorite spot for lunch and pre-dinner drinks)! Great atmosphere.

The staff here is fantastic. Enjoyed everyone we came in contact with. No service issues to speak of.

Favorite part of our stay was the Empire Suite (ocean front) that we paid to upgrade to. For a family of three, it was best money ever spent.

We walked to the marina one night for dinner and it was a lot of fun. A great, easy walk too. Next night we ate at Mikado on site and it was one of the best hibachi meals we’ve ever had. Newly remodeled. Excellent service.

Beach was nice but would be even better if it was raked/combed every morning.

Rumor has it rooms/suites will be upgraded/remodeled this year some time.

Enjoy your stay!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Holly W
David G, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Holly W,

Thank you so much for coming, it's been a pleasure to welcome you!
What a joy to read everything was great during your stay and that you got the fun and rest that you deserve.
I am happy to share with you that the rumor is true! We'll be remodeling our rooms this year and I'm sure that you will love the result!
We are all looking forward to welcoming you again and see the new face of Marriott Puerto Vallarta!

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Casa Magna is situated on the golden sands of the marina. It's one of the best beaches in PV. The biggest problem with Casa Magna is do I stay of the beach or do I hit the pool? Should I have breakfast in the restaurant by the beach or go to the restaurant with the superb smorgasbord? What should I do tonight listen to live music at the bar and assist freeing little turtles to the ocean? Or maybe grab a taxi/bus into town, as they are both found outside the hotel? Perhaps I should walk to the Marina and have a terrific dinner at one of many restaurants there? Too many things to think about, I'll grab a margarita by the pool.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the ocean on the side, are the best for people who enjoy the quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Susa622

Dear Susa622,

Thank you for such a positive review!
I am so happy and glad to read that you found every aspect of the hotel to be a time of relaxation, good food and fun!
It is our main goal to deliver with every guest so they live the real Marriott PV experience, I can't wait for you to come back and have another dream vacation with us!

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Spent a week here over Christmas and it was absolutely fabulous. The property is cleaner than years past and their proximity to the marina is great. We spent most of our time at the pool and always hung out in Victor Aguilar's section...ask for him! He deserves extra props as he would always go out of his way to make sure we were taken care of. We'll be back for sure.

Special note about the pools; a lot of people complain online about not getting a pool chair. It is this way at every resort around...just get up early and throw a towel on one. Or, if you're too lazy to do that, wait for Victor to arrive at 11:00 and he will happily arrange some lounge seating for you.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank BigMattV-BallDad
David G, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear BigMattV-BallDad,

It's amazing you got to spend Christmas at the beach, it's certainly something different and so much fun, I am very glad to read you had a terrific time with us!
Thank you so much for the shout out to Victor, he really is passionate about his job and it shows.
We are looking forward to meeting you again next Christmas or sooner!

Reviewed 11 January 2018

On the spur of the moment, my son and I decided that we needed a break from all the cold weather. However , we couldn't decide on PUJ, AUA or PVR. I made the decision to go to Puerto Vallarta and let me tell you I'm glad we did. It was an amazing vacation at The Marriott in Puerto Vallarta! The weather was gorgeous. The resort was gorgeous and well maintained. Food was good. They were doing work in certain areas but there was no mess and no noise. Everyone was friendly and helpful. There were two regrets: one is that I didn't convert enough money to pesos., and 2 the taxi drivers are a ripoff. They charged me $17 for a 6 minute ride from airport to resort. Ridiculous! But overall, I will definitely be back!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Sharon W

Dear Sharon W,

How glad we are to read through your fantastic stay! We are so happy to bring relaxation, fun and good memories to our guests.
Remember that this is your home and we'll always be thrilled to welcome you anytime!
I'm really looking forward to meeting soon.