3,227 results
All reviews villa group timeshare presentation quiet pool all inclusive package sales people activities staff main pool one bedroom suite all inclusive plan close to downtown water aerobics the wait staff great vacation beach vendors family vacation ocean view beach area
Reviewed 9 July 2018

The place is very clean, the staff is super friendly, the beach area is small but is kept in very good clean condition, the room is very bright and super clean, we enjoyed our stay of 6 days, the reason for my 4 stars is because of the wifi, there's no wifi!!
They charge $10 for device daily, that is ridiculous.
Even a Motel 6 offers free wifi.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Sandy,

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and for sharing the details of your stay with us.

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with the team members.

On behalf to our Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta team, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I enjoyed my stay at Villa del Palmar primarily because of Diego, my personal concierge. As in life, sometimes things run smoothly, and sometimes they don’t. There were some problems during my stay, and the most frustrating part was I’d ask for help, people would promise to get back to me – and then just disappear. I counted 7 such events! And that, in my opinion, would normally qualify the resort for a very poor customer service review: however, when Diego was on duty, I received personal, prompt and kind attention. One example: I had money stolen from my room. Not only the security personnel involved, but also the operator (when I called the next day) completely ignored me, promising to get back to me immediately, but NEVER getting back to me at all. Thanks to Diego, I was able to speak to someone higher up and get the matter resolved. That is only one of countless times Diego went above and beyond for me!

My advice – don’t believe people when they say they’ll get back to you, or they’ll get the right person to help you, just because they say it. Once they turn the corner, you may never see them again. Develop a personal connection with someone when you first arrive – I suggest Diego!

I also want to thank Obler (Castaway) for being the only one of 6 people I asked for help, who actually did (regarding an advertised paddleboard lesson that didn’t take place). Obler is very kind and personable. He is also an excellent, thorough and patient instructor!! I am 61 and not as fit as I was in my youth (understatement!). But after a lesson with Obler, I felt like an athlete!

My advice –Remember the names of the people I’ve mentioned who were so kind to me. They are not the only ones, but they are the ones who stood out!

Finally, little things DO matter. And I want to thank Bryon for his personal and friendly nature. He hands out the towels in the morning. May not sound like much, but he remembered my name from the start and was always incredibly accommodating to me! My early morning swims in the ocean and time playing with the cute cats on the beach were made exponentially more enjoyable with Bryon! Often those early mornings were the absolute highlight of my day.

Other notes: There is a high daily price for WiFi, or you can use the sports bar Wifi with a purchase there, of course. The sports bar WiFi was slow.

I had next to no cell connection whatsoever, which was scary as I needed to keep in touch with family back home!

My room was spacious and lovely. Daily maid service was consistent and thorough. Evening service was slightly inconsistent – I didn’t even know they had a turn down service until my 4th day there! But they do bring yummy, sweet treats to your room at night when it does happen, and those were a pleasure.

The resort is extremely clean. Staff are very friendly. Kimberley at the font desk is a gem and I’m sorry I forget the names of the gentlemen at the front desk, but they were also tremendous!

Diana Fuentes is precious! She is thorough, efficient, and she absolutely cares about you!

Tip the bellmen. They are wonderful!!!

Don’t sweat the small stuff and enjoy your stay!!!

Room Tip: Loud machines 24/7. Door/windows didn’t block the sound much. Main pool is loud during the day–couldn’t enjoy a quiet read on front deck.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ljlister
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. Your comments inspire us to keep making our guests´ satisfaction possible.

It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Checked out today. My brother booked this property as a time share.

The GOOD:
1. The room we had was quite spacious and definitely slept 8 people.
2. The kitchen had everything you needed to make some nice meals.
3. The staff is SUPER FRIENDLY and attentive, always informed you about Happy Hour
4. Spa is reasonable and I had a good massage

The BAD:
1. Internet/Cell Data - limit is 4 devices per room. Last 2 days we only used 1 device because the registration lasts throughout the reservation, not just while the devices are in use. Cell data is nearly impossible to use. I had found Wifi at the sports bar, but that too went out of service my second day here and was not fixed.

2. LEAKS - we had 2 ceiling leaks, one in the master bedroom and another in the bathroom. It took 2 days to fix the one in the Master bedroom.

3. Pushy timeshare people - my brother booked this as part of his timeshare, and they kept on hounding him that he had to make an appointment to attend another talk, or they would remove his "owner discounts."

Room Tip: If you get the higher floors there is a better chance of getting a data signal on your phone
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Maanchezbrown
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn´t go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for wich we are recognized.

The Management

Reviewed 5 July 2018

The resort staff was so pleasant and accommodating. Daniel, our poolside server, was attentive and personable. By the end of our vacation, we felt like we made a friend.
David and Gonzalo at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Jackie G,

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This place is awesome we came for the first time in 2017 and came back this year again everyone is so welcoming, always a smile to share, friendly greetings.
Special thanks to the Cristina who works at the café/market she’s a superwoman!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank garcecanas
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear guest, garcecanas,

I appreciate your comments and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. All of us at Villa del Mar and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa are truly grateful for the honor you gave us being our guest.

It’s a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations especially with your alimentary regime.

We are looking forward of having the honor of being your hosts again.

The Management