My family and I spent 6 days here. It was our first trip to Mexico to an all inclusive with our kids 4&3 my husband and I have been to many others throughout Mexico but this was the first with our kids. Based on the reviews we decided this was the best for a family friendly vacation. When you first get there the registration area is oddly placed or feels like a central bus station. Takes forever to get registered. Nothing warm and inviting like all other resorts. When we got there our room wasn't ready and it was already check in time. They said for us to go change into our swim clothes using the tiny ground bathroom stalls (rolling around 4 luggages!) No thank you we'll wait. We went to eat in the buffet to give them over an hour to get our room ready. Come to find out it would be another 2 hours because the AC wasn't working on the floor. 4 hours later still no room and two very exhausted toddlers, we started to get upset and I asked for the room regardless of the AC. I just wanted a private area where we could unpack and get dressed. We got into the room and it was just old, outdated and smelled moldy. We unpacked, changed and went to the pool to give them more time to get the AC fixed, now 6 hours later still no AC. I called the front desk and asked them to just change our room. We now needed to bathe our kids and put them to bed. Well 4 phone calls later and very rude customer service (and I was speaking fluently in Spanish to them) I got really upset and ask them to send up a bell boy to get our luggage because we're leaving they finally decided to move us to another floor. Our kids ended up going to sleep extremely late which made us frustrated and mad how our vacation was starting. I had to give the bell boy all the bedding from the new room and switch it out from the first room because they had questionable stains on it. He personally called the front desk to tell them about it and he got nowhere so we just did it ourselves. To top it off the AC wasn't even great in the new room, so we just got use to sweating every time we came into our room. My daughter got several bug bites over night which I found the mattress to be moldy in spots (not mosquito bites which they also got! Side note: Always bring mosquito repellent) Not a great first impression at all!! Now for the positives...the layout of the family room I loved. Haven't seen many resorts with a small area with bunk beds and a small TV just for the kids. It totally allowed for my husband and I to watch TV or read once the kids were asleep because they had their own area. The grounds of the hotel were amazing and just perfect for kids. Our kids had so much fun using the different pools, playing on the beach, watching a pirate ship go by, the nightly shows, etc! The food was great!! Best food from all the different resorts we've been to. The kids buffet (lowered so they can see) was perfect for our picky eaters and they were excited to be able to see all their options. Many "American" options available for kids. Great authentic Mexican options at the buffet. Drinks were decent. If it wasn't for the terrible start and the very underwhelming room (with a terrible view to a parking lot) the trip would have been great. Needless to say the issues with the rooms was enough to not want to come back. Feeling comfortable in our rooms are on the top of our list for a vacation. If this isn't a priority for you, the rest of the resort makes up for it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT The ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro