Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta
Costa Sur Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$108
  • Beachfront
El Pescador(Puerto Vallarta)
US$71
  • Pool
Garlands Del Rio Boutique Hotel(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Flamingo Vallarta Hotel & Marina(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$51
Priceline
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$131
Rivera del Rio Boutique Hotel(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$500
US$396
Official Hotel
2,144 results
All reviewspirate shipkids poolkids clubfrench restaurantkids paradisekids drinksbunk bedsclub nitrobeach vendorssnack barzip linemain poolaqua parka la carte restaurantsfamily vacationhot dogsgreat family resort
Reviewed 2 December 2006

My family recommends this resort. The service for most of the staff was exceptional. Which brings me to a theory I have about Mexican resorts. When it is hot and the resort is at maximum occupancy, the service tends to diminish. This is because the workers are miserable from the heat and the fact that they cannot keep up with the many demands of guests. In our case, the fact that it wasn't too hot and the resort was less than full could be the reason the staff bent over backward for us.

OBSERVATIONS

- This resort is perfect for kids ages 4-10 years old. The resort has an Aquapark (with slides and a pirate ship) that will keep the kids busy for a few hours each day. I believe the deepest part of the waterpark is about 3 feet.

- One downside is that the Kid's Club overlooks the Aquapark but does not include it. This means when you check your kids into the Kid's Club, they can't go into the Aquapark (unless it is a Kid's Club sponsored water activity). And when your kids are in the Aquapark, you should be watching them yourselves.

- This resort is also a good choice for kids ages 18 months - 4 years old. This is one of the few places that maintain a Baby's Club to watch the little ones while you suntan or maybe have an adult's only dinner. The Baby's Club is open until 9:45pm.

- People argue that the resort is run down. This is Mexico. Face it, the buildings are older stucco, but I have never seen so much cleaning and repairing in my life...mopping here, painting there. If a child spilled a drink, someone was quick to clean it up.

- The resort offers family rooms with a separate cubby for a bunk bed and t.v. Although none of the family rooms have a view, the partial wall and loud air conditioner block out the kid's heavy breathing/snoring, which gives you a good night's sleep. There is also a trundle bed below the bunk so three kids could sleep in the very small room.

- I would discount any argument that compares this resort to another five star like the Four Seasons, etc. If you have kids under 12, the price of this all inclusive is very competitive. For less than $2,000, you get room, food and drink for four people (less than $500 per person). This is because children under 12 are free with paid adult in the same room. So when comparing resorts, if you have children, compare apples to apples.

- Another downside, the water rental activities like kayaking are only for those 17 and older. I couldn't share a kayak with my 7 year old son.

- We did tip early and often, partly because the staff don't make that much money and partly to secure good service. I think it worked.

Finally, this is a great resort for families with younger children. It amazes me the people who show up at the resort and complain because there are too many children present. Just do your research. However, I guess if you are reading this review you probably resarch your vacations and won't make that mistake.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
15  Thank Dave_Michelle
Reviewed 27 November 2006

If you have young kids (ours are 3 and 5) you will love this place. Aquapark is truly excellent (treasure ship and castle with 9 slides). Both our kids could stand up in the water so it was easy just to supervise from the side. There's also a deeper pool that the kids loved for learning to swim (plus there is an adult-only pool with swim-up bar, if you don't want screaming kids).

We also used the kids club ( for age 4+) a great deal. It has soft floors, very safe, well-supervised and extensive activities. There is also a baby club for 18months to 3 years which we used a little. Again, safe and friendly. We used it twice in the evenings when we wanted to eat in the restaurants - it is open until 9.45 for ages up to 7.

For older kids, there were aqua-volleyball games and basketball in the deep pool, plus tennis courts, ten pin bowling and use of kayaks etc.

For adults there was an evening excursion to a bar / club in PV available.

Food was average to pretty good (don't know what the last reviewer was talking about on the breakfast front - if you don't want mexican food for breakfast, don't try it! I had a fresh omelette cooked to order every morning plus a fresh fruit / yogurt shake - wonderful. There were also cereals, toast, pancakes etc. Restaurants were very good - all 3 of them (Italian, Japanese and French).

Room - A little disappointed in the room. We had booked the Junior Suite (King size bed plus bunk beds). However, very basic and room overlooked the street. Nevertheless, clean and stocked with fresh water daily.

This time of year an excellent time to go - 30C every day with blue skies. No bugs (only saw the odd gecko / lizard).

Taxi into Puerto Vallarta approx $5 one way. If you like hockey, try the "Bar with no name" on the Malecon (boardwalk). It is owned by a Calgary Flames fan and they screen all the games they can.

If you like football, the tvs in the hotel rooms have the major US networks, plus there is the Trafalgar bar to watch the Monday noght football on a big screen. There's also tons of soccer to watch - we watched the Champions League games live (albeit with Spanish commentary).

All-in-all we thoroughly recommend this place if you want some R & R while your kids have a blast. Remember it's a 3.5 star hotel not a 5 star, so bear that in mind.........the Riu Vallarta where we stayed last time was much more luxurious and the buffet food certainly better, so if you don't have young kids there are better places around, but for us, this was perfect.

We will definitely come back again in a year or so.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
13  Thank PJandCat
Reviewed 27 November 2006

My wife and I flew in on a plane full of sick children. That may sound like a horrid start to a vacation, but instead it made me appreciate the "Adults Only" resort even more (and I love kids, mind you).

We got a cab, which was an adventure, but when we arrived at the resort we were greeted with friendly smiling and English speaking staff. Most people spoke English well, and I don’t speak Spanish, so it was definitely another point for this resort.

The gentlemen who took our bags disappeared as we were checking in, and I almost got annoyed as we were waiting for a minute after, but he was just simply getting us drinks from the bar and like everyone else we met, treated us like gold.

People in previous reviews complained about the food, but I was cautiously optimistic, knowing that we fat Americans tend to want everything exactly as it is at home. We were rewarded with exceptional food all day long.

Breakfast: Room service is included (but please tip, they deserve it) and we took advantage by pre-ordering breakfast on every morning but one. The selection was limited, but that is not a surprise or a disappointment, and the sweet rolls and other breads were delicious. Eggs are eggs, and they were good.

Lunch: We ate at restaurants only once, as the poolside snack bar was so good. In the restaurant I had steak, done perfectly, and my wife had fish, also very nicely prepared.

Snack bar: Fresh pork or steak tacos with anything you could want on them, cheeseburgers, sushi, chicken wings, fresh fruit and cucumbers... It was great. Everything seemed very light as well, which usually means healthy, but who knows. Either way, it was all I hoped for.

Dinner: I could write about this for pages. Just let me say the service was impeccable and every last thing we ordered was prepared and presented with detail and precision. (Order the meal as if you are eating courses, as the portions are designed as such).

All in all, the food was great. The portions were not huge, but you can order as much as you want, so it not only allows you to try more things, but it also prevents you from suffering in the heat with a stomachache.

Our room was perfect, and we had an incredible view. The ocean was really fun to swim in and warmer than the pool, which was good because after laying in the sun, a hot pool would suck.

Lastly, you are right near the port which houses the cruise ships and many other boat tours. It's a great place to shop and barter with the locals, who are all really fun, and a very cool place to walk around.

I recommend this resort to anyone, and will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
14  Thank audiofunktion
Reviewed 22 November 2006

Well where do I start. First of all we wanted to book next door adult only but it was all booked up so I thought I'll book at the sister Hotel. Big mistake. The bellboy took my husband and I to our room number 369. Tiny little room with 2 double beds. I told the bellboy that this room is too small. Well he said sure you can change your room just go back down to the desk. We were told no we are all booked up unless you want a suite for 1 week then you have to go back to your own room. So I didn't bother that ment packing up all our stuff and unpcaking again. So we kept the little room.

The food was the worst food I have ever had. The buffet had pork 3 times a day for fourteen days. Breakfeast, lunch and supper. You could have eggs cooked in a ton of oil. Take a couple of bites and you can feel you might vomit. They had 3 other resturants but even worst than the buffet. The only good food I ate was at snack time chicken wings and ribs or fruits and vegetables or fill up at the bar.

The best part was the bar. Nice friendly people at the bar if it wasen't for Carlos, Eddie, Tango and a couple of others I can't remember their names thank you very much for being so kind. The beach bar and sports bar best part of the trip. We spent over $300.00 alone just for eating out the best food on the whole trip.

They have the worst lounges on the beach you might as well lay on the sidewalk they were so hard. The worst part they have new ones and for some reason don't want to put them out.

I thought we could eat at the sister hotel but your not allowed to. They can eat where I stayed but we coulden't eat over there only if we wanted to pay $60.00 a day by 2. I can't afford that.

The day we were leaving we waited from 11.30 to 12.30 for our ride to the airport finally we were told at the desk we were supposed to go next door for our ride now how were to know this after the other hotel telling us we coulden't eat or drink there. So we had to pay our own taxi to the airport because our ride left without us. Never ever will we stay at a 4 star hotel again to be treated like that. We learnt our lesson the hard way. But we made the best of it by eating out and laying on the beach with sore backs every day. So I don't advise people to stay at this hotel. I went to the sister hotel last year and it was great but if you are wearing a light blue bracelet they don't want to even serve you. I will never go back.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Hrenova
Reviewed 30 October 2006

Stayed at the Crown Paradise Club from Oct 24 to Oct 28, 2006, we ended up there just because we had to leave the Plaza Pelicanos since they were renovating (see review for more details). Upon Arrival I new this place was good, one of the bellboys saw that we were tired and furious during our check in that he right away gave us a drink to cool ourslves down. We then proceeded to our beautiful room on the 3rd door which was Ocean view.

Rooms: very nice, clean and has all the amenities you need with extra towels, kleenex, hair dryer, soap, shampoo, cable television, etc.....

Pools: 3 Pools, 1 kiddy pool ( I wish that was for adults it looked like a blast ) The main Pool had activities every day upon the hour, you could have not been bored.

Beach: Just stunning!!! Puerto Vallarta beaches are not your blue water with white sand, it's the pacific coast ...It was nice. A bit of waves and the water was very clean in front of this property. They have a few vendors, but just say no gracias and they move along.

Restaurants: La Palapa Buffet was very good, yes it was a bit repetetive but overall it was good. The waiters we had were awesome, as soon as they saw us they had our coffee and drink ready, Mind you you have to tip them to get served well like that. The French Restaurant Sans Souci was one of the best restaurants I ever ate in my life. The service was impeccable (Thanxs to Raul our waiter). We didn't eat at the Japanese or the italian restaurant cause time did not permit us too.

Bars: This resort had bars almost everywhere and they are opened till about 2 in the morning.

Activities in Puerto Vallarta: You have to do the pirate Boat at night if you are the Party Type, this tour was amazing!!! Laso we had takena snorkelling tour that brings you snorkelling for a bit and then to Las Animas Beach which was absolutely different and relaxing..

Overall: As it was my first time in PV, I loved it and can't wait to go back to the Crown Paradise Club.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple