Puerto de Luna Pet Friendly and Family Suites
Costa Sur Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$92
Tropicana Hotel(Puerto Vallarta)
US$70
US$48
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

El Pescador(Puerto Vallarta)
US$73
  • Pool
Garlands Del Rio Boutique Hotel(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Flamingo Vallarta Hotel & Marina(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$54
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

Rivera del Rio Boutique Hotel(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$76
Hotels.com
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$160
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
US$714
US$431
Official Hotel
All reviewssuperior suitestandard hotel roomeasy beach accesscomfortable king size bedplace to sleephotel complextravel to puerto vallartaair conditionerfull kitchenluxury resortwonderful hotelquiet pooltlctaxisloungersmaleconunits
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Wonderful hotel for doggies
This hotel worked out really great for me and my dog after kind of failure at an Airbnb place. This is a very nice clean hotel and a wonderful place for dogs to hang out they have a nice little enclosed a dog park and my dog he loved it there. The rooms are standard hotel room but large and very clean. The grounds are very pretty and the pool looked great even though I didn’t get a chance to try it. The concierge’s was very helpful
It only takes about 15 minutes to ride the bus into town. I was very happy with this place

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool
Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

There is some good and bad;

Location- Pro=
Nice food truck park next door. Con= Access to beach is annoying. Beach is across 4 lane highway and then up street around mall. The hotels across the street have no public beach access so you have to walk about 15 minutes around them. Do not stay here if you want easy beach access.

Rooms- A little run down but very clean. Bed is extremely hard.

Facilities - Dog park is great. Pool is decent. Some missing tiles but clean. Deck chairs are a little old but not terrible.

Staff was very nice and helpful. Front desk, bell man, security, everyone was great. Not a 4 star experience where they treat you as if they are servants but generally nice people who all seemed to like their jobs.

If staying with a dog or staying in are for excursions and not for beach access, I would consider staying again. Being aware of beach access may less frustration for someone expecting quick beach access.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I gave Puerto de Luna a 5 rating, not because it's the best or most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed at, but because of a combination of things that met my needs and wants. The staff, and in particular the young woman that was working registration, were absolutely wonderful. I drove to Puerto Vallarta on a "spur of the moment" decision on a Monday, from my home in San Juan Cosala. I was on a mission to find chewing tobacco (Copenhagen Snuff), because the store I normally buy from in Ajijic ran out and wouldn't get a new supply for another month. I looked on Google Maps to find a route and decided to take the fastest, which was the middle of three offered by the map route planner. It's a beautiful drive, but a lot of twists and turns over mountains and through valleys (I highly recommend this route) and no tolls. On the way home I took the northern route, which has far fewer twists and turns, much better roads, but is longer and has tolls adding up to about $15USD. If I go again I'll take the central route. My dog Olive does really well with riding and doesn't get car sick, so take that into account if you have a dog or kids that easily get motion sickness.
I followed Google Maps all the way in to Puerto Vallarta, and it did great all the way up until it was about a block from the hotel. The map guided me to a road that fronts the North side of the hotel property, from which there is no access to the hotel itself, so bear that in mind if you're driving (access is actually from the main road where all the hotels are, It's on the other side of the street from the super hotels, like Sheraton, with no beach access or view. I say all of this because if you're dependant on the map, like I was, then it's kind of difficult to find. Also, based on other reviews I assumed the hotel was going to be some little "Motel 6" kind of place, so that's what I was looking for, but it's far from that. The property is very large, taking up what seems to be several acres. It is set back from the main road, and once you're inside the property it's kind of like a little oasis, with beautiful trees and grounds, and very well maintained.
I took a chance in my coming to the hotel, since I didn't have a reservation or call ahead to let them know, but there were rooms available and the very nice girl at the counter was very helpful (fluent English). I also arrived at about 11am, and check-in is normally at 3pm, but she accommodated that too. I really wish I could remember the girls name so that the management could recognize her (she was working 10/30/2017 and 10/31/2017, about 21 years old, very pleasant and very helpful). Prices posted are a bit more expensive than what you would get if you booked online, so I recommend doing the online booking to save yourself some money, but the girl that processed me gave me a discount when I brought that up, which was very cool of her to do. Oh, there is an extra fee to have your dog/pet, but it's pretty reasonable, like $7 USD, and there was going to be an additional charge for the WiFi, but I didn't need that so didn't get it (I think that would have been covered if I'd have booked online).
The room was simple, nothing fancy, but very clean and comfortable. The hotel is set far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the street and I couldn't even hear the traffic when I had the air conditioner going. The small dog park area is perfect, and also well maintained, so that was nice for Olive (my dog).
I'm a simple guy, so my needs are fairly simple. If you're a traveler that expects the "best of the best" when you go somewhere then you would not be likely to give a 5 rating here, but for me, it exceeded my expectations, so I was very happy with my stay and especially with the staff, and in particular the girl that worked reception. Thank you Puerto de Luna.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
6  Thank ronworf911
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The superior suite was large, including 2 bathrooms, a full (but meagerly equipped) kitchen, and comfortable king-size bed. Many of the desk staff had limited English, which confounded a problem with the door key being difficult to use. We would consider staying here again.!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdlaiJN
Puerto D, Concierge at Puerto de Luna Pet Friendly and Family Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear Adlaijn,

We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay at Puerto de Luna Pet Friendly & Family Suites these past vacations due to the coverage of your needss and it's comfort.
It is always our objetive to make those who trust their vacations in our hands go back home with a nice taste in their mouth.
Regarding the limited english of our desk staff I'm blithe to let you know it is something we are working on to provide the best service possible, as we know communication is the best duct to get everyone's satisfaction.

We'll be happy to be your host once again anytime you decide to come back to PV! Remember we are just one call away.

Greetings,
Luis Peña
Concierge

Reviewed 1 April 2017

We loved the location, the pool, and the magnificent gardens. Staff was professional, helpful. We had a superior suite with full kitchen, Unit was roomy, good actually units, good WiFi, a very pleasant experience overall.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank garybM459UG
Puerto D, Concierge at Puerto de Luna Pet Friendly and Family Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Very dear Gary,

We love to know we could reach your expectations and impress you and your loyal friend with our gardens and grounds. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a feedback about all the details that pleased your stay in Puerto de Luna, it will be a pleasure to be your host once again.

Luis Peña