Vallarta Shores
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Flamingo Vallarta Hotel & Marina(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$82
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$521
US$286
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$192
  • Breakfast included
US$238
US$196
Bookit.com
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$149
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Beachfront
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$110
  • Beachfront
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
US$366
US$324
  • Pool
All reviewssky suitesprivate chefthe penthouseprivate poolbeach club next doorpersonal chefchef angelcondo hotellos muertos beachquiet endincredible mealshalf bathliving roomromantic zoneblue chairscrashing wavesopen air
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2018

So when I booked this property through Airbnb, I couldn’t find much on the forum, which I tend to follow more than the reviews, so I thought I would update. The price was extremely reasonable, as to why I had some initial concerns when I couldn’t find much info.

I booked unit 5 for ten days in the middle of March. It was originally for 5 female adult friends, but we grew to 7 before the trip! (We were only at 7 for 4 of those nights.) Although the listing says “sleeps six,” there was plenty of actually bed space for the 7, since there are 2 day beds in addition to 2 kings and a full. The unit itself is a full main floor with a separate bedroom, a dining room, kitchen, living room and bathroom. The whole western wall is sliders and opens to hear the roaring ocean. There is a lofted bedroom, sitting area and bathroom upstairs. Only possible concern, the upstairs bathroom has maybe a 5’10 clearance. My hubs, for example, would not have been able to cope with that bathroom.

The property is old charm Mexican and very clean and well maintained. It sits on about the farthest spot south on Los Muertos beach, south of the pier, the Blue Chairs, and Mantamar. Probably one of my favorite places I have stayed in PV, and there has been many. It has maybe 9 units total, so very quiet. There is a small dipping pool, which was almost too warm, with a hot tub for communal use. Looked like some of the upper units had private pools. Beach area had several palapas, loungers and tables for guests only. And generally, that end of the beach was less busy, but still had some vendors and plenty of people watching. We brought our own snacks and drinks down to the beach and spent many days just chilling there. No lobby bathroom, so got a workout running up to unit to use RR. Front desk staff was very friendly. The property has a mini “library/book exchange” on the third floor.

Concerns I read before going…

Noise from the next door club…was not an issue. During the day, the club was somewhat busy and they did play music, but I actually liked it and did not think it was a disturbance at all. The whole area seemed to quiet down at sunset. Not once at bed time did we hear any noise coming from that direction. The last evening we were there, we were still on the beach watching the sunset when the entertainment began next door. While we couldn’t see what was on stage, we really did enjoy listening to it. BTW, it was not what I would call “family friendly.”

Dark, desolate street – didn’t find that either. While many business may not be open at night, there were many other people leaving/returning from the area every time we were. We were usually back between 11 and 1 and always made the walk in no less than pairs. Never had any issues, just the normal offer of “recreational substances” along the street.

The walk, itself, to where bars & restaurants start in the area is maybe 5 or 10 minutes. It is an easy walk with what I called one “annoying hill.” By no means strenuous or difficult, just enough incline to be annoying.

I am trying to get a count on the number of travelers our group will have next year, so I can get this place booked and get the proper unit!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Daniel G, Gerente at Vallarta Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you so very much for your throughout review !

We are really happy when we get these types of comments so that other travelers know what to expect and what not. Your feedback, good or bad, is extremely important to us; but we are glad that it is all positive this time. Rest assured we will always keep the hard work to provide you a fantastic, enjoyable stay.

Look forward to your next visit !

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I have been staying at Vallarta Shores for over 4 years - they never disappoint. I usually stay in one of the Sky Suites, but all the suites are unique, comfortable, friendly atmosphere. They are also in a great location to the beach, downtown, etc. Can't go wrong!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so very much for your continued preference !

It is always a pleasure to have you with us. Look forward to welcoming you back in a month !

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Great location on the edge of the Zona Romantica at the end of a no-outlet cobblestone street --- therefore, no trough traffic!
Enjoyed the Sky Suite C with private pool and Bay and ocean million-dollar views.
Service, with private Chef Angel, a real plus and all other service employees first rate. They looked after us very, very well.
Newly installed common saltwater pool/hot tub area adjacent to the hotel and beach are truly positive additions.
Had a wonderful, relaxing vacation and are much looking forward to our next time at Vallarta Shores.

Room Tip: All rooms elevator accessible with beautiful views!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so very much for your continued preference !

We are thrilled to know you had a great experience while staying with us and would love to have you back soon !

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I was on top of the world when I stayed in Sky Suite C on vacation with my family. The outdoor living area with kitchen and private salt water pool was a dream. I was soaking in the ocean air as I napped listening to the ocean waves. To this day I still crave the tortilla soup Chef Angel lovingly prepared for us. The hospitality of everyone on staff at Vallarta Shores was very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank barbara30042018

Thank you so very much for submitting your review !

We really hope to have your family back next year !

Reviewed 15 March 2018

It was time to remodel my condo in town, so I decided to head for the beach! Three days of well deserved vacation. What a surprise!

Fresh bay breeze, calming view with all the amenities you could wish for! The condo was well laid out with its own private swimming pool, gourmet kitchen, air conditioning and a very large wide screen TV!

The worst part was the day I had to leave to return to my newly cleaned up little condo!

Thank you Vallarta Shores for a wonderful respite!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Thank you so very much for your preference !