Holiday Inn Express Puerto Vallarta
    Container Inn(Puerto Vallarta)
    Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
    Great 4.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsclose to the airportbreakfast staffone night staygreat wificomplimentary breakfastchilaquileshi expressesnice modern hotelpool and gymdefinitely stay here againthe bed was super comfortableice machinesofa bedminute walk to the marinarestaurants within walking distanceexcellent hotelyogurt
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

My first time at this holiday inn express and I loved it. We enjoyed everything, specially our breakfast every morning. The servers were very polite and made us feel like we were at home. I wish the hotel was by the ocean but other than that everything was perfect. :)

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 15 March 2017

After two nightmarish nights in Yelapa, my boyfriend and I headed back to PVR in desperate search of an affordable and clean hotel. We spent the better part of an afternoon in downtown PVR touring everything from expensive resorts to local hotels and were pretty disappointed with our options. After lots of internet searching we decided to take our chance on the Holiday Inn Express. THIS IS THE BEST DECISION I'VE MADE IN 2017.

The hotel is newly constructed: it's modern and clean.

Our standard room (two queen beds, I believe) was spacious, with comfortable mattresses and crisp white linens. The bathroom was modern/clean, with a walk-in shower and standard bath products. There's no carpet to be found and fully functioning AC; no mildew in this building! Truly a relief.

As far as amenities: the hotel offers a complimentary breakfast - traditional Mexican and American fare (very good and very obviously loved by all guests), a rooftop pool and hot tub (clean) and a fully functioning gym.

The ground floor hotel bathrooms are pristine (and beautiful) and the small shop (just near the front desk) which sells snacks, soda, water, sunscreen, etc., is super convenient.

Just in front of the hotel is newly-opened restaurant called Atlas which serves fantastic food (pizza, salads, a healthy wine selection, etc.). Modern cooking in a great environment - dine inside or outside, or order from the comfort of your hotel room via room service.

For 30 - 40 pesos you can catch the bus to downtown PVR, etc., or even up to Sayulita. We did both, and it was super convenient (just a 5 min walk to the bus stop). It's just a short walk to the airport, too.

Though I've traveled extensively, I've never been compelled to write a review in my life, however this hotel raises the bar for all of PVR (and I'd like to spare even one person the pain of touring horrible resorts/hotels for five hours of their life). If you have high standards and appreciate good value this is your place.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank kendra_iowa
    Reviewed 15 March 2017

We spent ten wonderful days at this hotel. We were anticipating it to be a nice stay even before we got there as I had been taking with the manager about having flowers waiting for my wife when we arrived. The flowers were BEAUTIFUL and my wife was very very pleased, and better yet surprised!! Gabrielle was the manager whom arranged this.My only issue is that I had to pay in advance and the royal bank sent the transaction which was claimed to have not been received and yet I was unable to get my money so in essence had to pay twice.... Be careful of this in the future!!!
    Gabrielle constantly made sure we were satisfied during our stay..
    The breakfast buffet was very tasty with one hot entrée per day which was a typical Mexican dish and along with exceptional tasting fresh fruit, (which for us Canadians in February is rare to have ) This exceeded our expectations!!
    Gym was exceptional.. Pool area was nice although size of the pool could be larger!!
    We will always recommend this hotel as a place to stay in PV !!

Room Tip: suites have very large balconies that are great to lounge in.
    • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
    2  Thank PatrickR88
    Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

This is the 2nd time that we've stayed here, it's minutes from the airport but you can get into town for 15 pesos for both of us on the bus. The rooms are spotless and have great wifi, the air con works well and the beds are really comfy. Super shower and bathroom. Breakfast is ok, we always found something to eat. The pool and hot tub are great and we usually find them empty around 4ish so it's a lovely way to wind down. The marina is a 10 min walk and a supermarket over the road is handy.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Andrew G
    Reviewed 7 March 2017

A last minute trip to PV in the middle of the busiest tourist time of the year found us stranded for a hotel. In a panic, we booked into the Holiday Inn Express near the airport - and were totally awed by the loveliness of the hotel and the amazingly friendly staff! Bright, modern, clean with attractive rooms....and remarkably well priced (continental breakfast was included)! I could go on and on about this hotel - you will be pleasantly impressed if you get a chance to stay here! Will be our 'go to' hotel in Puerto Vallarta in the future.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family