Hotel Garza Canela
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in San Blas
See available hotels
El Bucanero(San Blas)
Bungalows Conny(San Blas)
View Hotel
Marina San Blas(San Blas)
View Hotel
Suites San Blas(San Blas)
Bungalows Marbo(San Blas)
  • Pool
All reviewsgift shopexcellent restaurantfew blockssan blas areabox lunchesspacious living areabath and showerlocal craftsnice poolriviera nayaritbirding tripbeautiful groundssisterschefmexicotownarrangements
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We booked a one week stay at Hotel Garza Canela on a birding trip based on other birders' trip reports. We were not disappointed. The hotel was quiet and clean with a lovely courtyard. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and patient with our poor Spanish. Several staff members also spoke English. Thanks to the excellent staff we were able to arrange a La Tovara river trip with Chencho, which was amazing. Staff at El Delphin restaurant fed us very well and provided box lunches every day. They even provided a thermos of local coffee along with cream, sugar, and stir sticks. They took great care of us. Thank you for making our stay in San Blas so memorable!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2016

My host in La Penita suggested this hotel for its ambiance and location to the daily river excursions. I understand it is quite lovely . We planned to go but ran out of time. Next trip to the area I plan on an extended stay in San Blas.

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank Gary E
A TripAdvisor Member
Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights. They packed a breakfast for us each day on the bird watching tour and we are dinner in the restaurant each night.

Rooms were good and grounds well kept, pool is wonderful.

Meals were great and staff of the restaurant and hotel were friendly and professional. Great shopping in the gift shop. Would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed 14 March 2016

I stayed here only one night. I am a bird-watcher and have spent about 2 weeks in the San Blas area, seeing lots of wonderful birds. Mostly I stayed in other places, but was stuck for one night and thought I would try out this place, which gets good reviews.

The room was fine. Actually quite spacious and comfortable. I guess I just liked the other place I stayed better.

The restaurant was terrible, which is the main reason for the review. Two meals eaten here. Dinner wasn't good. It was edible though and I was hungry, so I ate it. Chicken stuffed with cheese and bacon and spinach mashed potatoes. Every other meal I ate in town, especially the little cafeterias and taquerias were infinitely better. In fact, I had some of the of the best meals I've eaten in Mexico here, in San Blas.
Breakfast? How do you mess up eggs and toast and sausage? I don't know. But they did. And the worst part is that they have SO many servers serving you. You would think the service would be pretty good. But all I noticed was that the only thing they know how to do is fill up coffee cups. I noticed this as a tea drinker sitting with 3 coffee drinkers. Every cup at the table was filled many times, except mine. Do I really have to ask you for more hot water? You know I ordered tea. I probably wouldn't have cared or even noticed though, if the food had been good and it wasn't.

Room Tip: Stay, but I obviously recommend skipping the restaurant.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Slmusgrave
Reviewed 19 February 2016

We stayed here at the beginning of February 2016 for a week. Josefina whom I had contacted by email had remembered my request for a quiet room and had selected a great room on the second floor. The rooms are a little quirky but very nice. We ate in the restaurant for evening meals and found the food to be excellent if not a bit of a limited menu. The swimming pool is kept beautifully clean and there is on site parking.
We visited Isla Isabel during our week here and that was an amazing experience. We would definitely come back and would also recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: The hotel has 3 floors and the top floor is quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family