“Great Italian”

Ranked #20 of 363 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant in our trip to Ziha. This is very authentic Italian. Our granddaughter who is a very picky eater devoured her penne bolognese. My daughter and I split the delightful Cesaer salad after an incredible starter of bruschetta with artichoke hearts and tomatoes. My daughter had the spaghetti bolognese, my wife had the tortellini special with peas and bacon with Alfredo sauce and I had the tuna special that was lightly seared with an aged balsamic sauce and wilted spinach in a garlic butter sauce. The tuna brought me back to one of my all time favorite meals I had in Modena, Italy- a balsamic steak! EVERYTHING was incredible. The service was attentive but not intrusive and the wine list was adequate with a good variety of countries and varietals to choose from. The spectacular view and sunset completed the wonderful evening. Il Mare will be on our must do list for future visits to Ziha and will recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Not too much to add to the rest of the reviews... very good Italian-style sea food in an amazing spot.

The views are absolutely amazing if you get a good table, we went in low season so we could sit where we wanted but if you go in high season, make sure to reserve a table with a view about an hour before sunset. That will ensure nice views of the bay for the starter dish and main dish watching the sunset over the bay. Pictures do not make the view justice - we saw all of them on here before going but still received a very positive surprise upon arriving.

The food is very good and great value. We paid the double on the beach the night before for similar quality.
Anyways. For starters we had tuna carpaccio - we found it OK, quite on the salty side. Bread and butter was served, too. Average. The main dish was good, however. My company had spaghetti with shrimp á la Marinara and was very satisfied. I had pasta with scallops in a white wine sauce. I found it excellent. We also had a bottle of White Chilean wine to accompany it.
All in all I'd say it is a must to visit at least one of these fine restaurants overlooking the bay when in Zihua. Il Mare is a good midrange option for that.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

The best view in Oxtapa. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. It is a must. Our favorite restaurant in Ixtapa.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

The view was great. Cliffside overlooking the bay.
Good Italian food and very full size servings. You won't go hungry.
Service was good as well.
Only minor negative was that the bread was a bit bland, served hot though.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

This magnificent Restaurant is located up on the hill in LaRopa and amazing views, wonderful waiters, great food and just a GREAT Experience, always a great meal!!!!