Aura del Mar Hotel(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$80
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

La Casa Que Canta(Zihuatanejo)
US$345
Embarc Zihuatanejo(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$99
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Tentaciones Hotel(Zihuatanejo)
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
Casa Cuitlateca(Zihuatanejo)
US$999
All reviewslagoon suiteviceroy zihuatanejola mareaplunge poolcoral barour honeymoonevery morningcoffee and pastriesdinner on the beachlounge chairstennis courtsbeach resortbeach servicebeautiful beachthe entire staffthe general manageramazing resort
Reviewed 27 April 2018

We just returned from another four night stay at Villa del Sol and we loved every minute of it. This is our third visit to the resort in the past year and everything -- our room, staff and food -- was wonderful.
The renovations have been finished and never once have I felt unsafe in Zihuatanejo. This is very special place in Mexico and the local vibe, natural beauty and people are amazing.
Huge thanks to the staff at Villa del Sol -- especially, Eddy, Juan, el Guapo, Rosy and the crew at reception --for making our stay so incredible. Can't wait to return in July!

Room Tip: We love the Beach Suites, especially BS6
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Christopher Q
Gustavo M, General Manager at Villa del Sol Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your comments and evaluation. We work hard every day so that guests like you have a great experience. I will make sure our whole staff knows about your review and we really hope you can visit us soon. We are glad and agree that the destination feels very safe for all of us and I´m sure things will keep improving.

We look forward for your next visit in July, please let me say hello personally.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We loved Villa del Sol! The staff was awesome (so sweet!), the facility was immaculate with nice touches everywhere, and it’s got lovely pools & is right on a great stretch of beach (La Ropa beach). Highly, highly recommend this place. We were there in April so it was not crowded at all which was also a huge plus.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your evaluation and comments. I´, glad you enjoyed the property and beach. Please make sure to contact me for your next visit, I will gladly assit you.

Receive our warmest regards.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My wife and I recently completed a 10 day stay at this ocean side resort. Before my arrival I had been assured by Aldo that I could have a second floor room. At check in and upon reviewing our room I again asked for a second floor room. I made this request because although there was a lock on the front door there was only a latch on the patio door that could be opened easily with several pieces of paper. We never understood why we were not allowed to change rooms since the resort was about a quarter full. My wife and I suspect we were not allowed to change rooms because we used Expedia and paid a lower rate than the hotel listed price.
Once you got past the front desk issue the hotel was fantastic. The room itself was nice but very open to the public. The straight walk out to the ocean was matched by few other hotels on La Ropa. Jose, Flacko, Jorge, Eddie, Gus, and Sara were very accommodating. Their service was wonderful as was the food. The beach was great to walk on and the waves were just right. This is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GriffeySeattle
Gustavo M, General Manager at Villa del Sol Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I really apologize that we assured you a second floor suite while we really don´t have many available. To be honest we were completely full at some pint and sometimes rooms are not available through the whole stay and we can not assign them as requested. I´m glad you ejoyed everything else on property. We will address this kind of situations with our Front Office staff so that we are more accurate on what we can offer to our guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly upon your next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Great service, amazing staff, amazing location. Best place in the world to relax and unwind and absorb the beauty of Zihua. Everything was fabulous!!!!! (and will be even better once all renos are completed)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank lfdsmom
Gustavo M, General Manager at Villa del Sol Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments after your stay at Villa del Sol. We really appreciate your business and feedback. We hope you can visit back soon and we would be delighted to host you. Gracias!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

After following a friend's love of Villa del Sol for more than 10 years, we were finally able to visit as a family (parents and three kids 10 and younger) and we were SO IMPRESSED with this property. Upon arrival (we had the hotel arrange transportation from the airport so there weren't any hassles), we were greeting by the friendliest staff and fresh jamaica and coconut water. One of the great things about this resort is the size--not so small, not too big. We had a 2-bedroom suite connected by a gorgeous outdoor living room with a small refrigerator and space to store some snacks and stuff we bought on our way from the airport. We had a lovely view of the grounds, ocean, and most importantly, the sunset. After getting situated, we immediately went to the pools and beach. Beach attendants set us up at what became our spot the entire time we were there, as it was in close proximity to the family pool, beach, hammock on the sand, everything we needed. We took advantage of the most AMAZING breakfast each morning, which is included in the price of the room. Everyone was pleased: standards like scrambled eggs or waffles for the kids, authentic dishes like huevos rancheros for my husband, and healthier modern-style dishes such as avocado toast with arugula, toasted almonds, goat cheese, and poached eggs for me. The most delicious fruit juices and breads are also served. Lunch on the beach was great--nachos, chips, guac, tacos, smoothies for the kids, cocktails for adults. Dinner at the restaurant was delicious new Mexican mostly seafood based, though the staff was more than accommodating by making whatever the kids wanted. Stellar service right on the sand. Kids could come and go without disturbing other diners, it was perfect. The hotel is situated on the beautiful Playa la Ropa (it's in a bay, so the waves are great for boogie boarding, not too big or rough for kids to swim in, which isn't the case for many resorts on the Pacific). There are a number of beach clubs and casual restaurants within a few minutes' walk, as well as activities all up and down the beach--fishing, snorkling, parasailing, massages, ice cream vendors, shave ice vendors--though the staff at Villa del Sol is happy to arrange anything you want to experience without having to negotiate with beach vendors, including tequila tastings, cooking classes, etc. There's a small gym on site if you're inclined to want to exercise, there's a spa, tennis courts, a beautiful adults-only pool that's great for swimming laps... We were tired one afternoon so ordered room service, which was delicious. It came promptly, was set up beautifully, and the portions were more than we could finish eating. Heriberto down at the beach knew our friends and introduced himself to us and made sure we were taken care of the entire time. He was so kind to inform us some other acquaintances from our town had arrived at the resort while we were there as well. Sara who oversees beach service was so kind to bring us blow-up toys for the kids, and Ana at the front desk gave us a wonderful tour and updates on the property so we got the lay of the land and felt comfortable immediately. Gustavo the general manager was on vacation while we were there so I didn't get to meet him but he and his staff personally touched in with me a few times while we were there to make sure we had everything we needed. We got a taxi into town on Palm Sunday, which was such a wonderful, authentic experience to see the community come together for mass, streets were closed off, it was a huge festive street party. We never felt unsafe at any point, we just felt a wonderful sense of community and celebration. We met Victor on the beach through our friend and he took us boating to a surf spot north of Ixtapa, and while my husband surfed, the kids and I fished. We then went to Isla Ixtapa for snorkling, swimming, and lunch on the beach before heading back to the Villa del Sol around 2:00. We are DEFINITELY retuning here. Zihuatanejo is great because it's developed in the sense that you can get everything you need, though it's not OVERLY developed or overly expensive like other resort towns in Mexico that also feel like you're in the United States. You get a true authentic experience here. Delicious fresh food, safe, warm, friendly, mostly families vacationing...I only have the best to say about Villa del Sol and Zihuatanejo! Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience for myself and my family!!!

Room Tip: Room high up so children don't bother other guests
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank bisou000
Gustavo M, General Manager at Villa del Sol Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you very much for your evaluation and comments. I will make sure our staff knows about this excellent experience and will continue working hard and attentive for all of our future guests. I´m sorry I just couldn´t get to know you in person while you were here, but I know we will have another chance soon.

This review is very helpful to future guests and we all appreciate it. Thank you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly upon your next visit and receive our warmest regards.