Hotel Casa de la Palma
Las Brisas Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$120
Emporio Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$61
  • Pool
Villa Mexicana Hotel(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$112
  • Pool
Aura del Mar Hotel(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$81
Travelocity
  • Pool
La Casa Que Canta(Zihuatanejo)
US$550
US$534
Posada Real Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$77
  • Pool
Gamma de Fiesta Inn Plaza Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$42
All reviewsresident catquiet at nightdowntown zihuaroom was cleanhot watermishajosewifishowervacationpool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Hotel Casa De La Palma is a terrific little place to stay in Zihuatanejo.

My wife and I were very impressed with the staff on arrival and through your stay. Friendly, professional and accommodating. The rooms and overall property are kept well and very clean.

Our room was humble but nice and very clean. We had a king size bed and it was comfortable. The air conditioning worked well. Only thing was the water in shower never really got very warm, but we didn't mind because of the temperature outside! I'm sure they would have solved it if we had said something.

The hotel feels safe with the night staff always there and the locked gate.

Location is very central, on a street amongst the locals with fruit stands, pharmacies and other shops, and easy access to taxis and local buses. 10 minute walk brings you to many restaurants and bars downtown Zihua. 5 minutes further and you're at the beach.

The pool is nice to cool off in and the rooftop patio is a great place to lay back on the hammock or rocking chairs and get a view of the surrounding local life.

Staying at Hotel Casa de la Palma felt like we were amongst the locals which we really liked. And the price was very affordable. Amazing value overall.

If you're looking for a simple but clean hotel at a great price, I'd highly recommend Hotel Casa de la Palma.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank danimaltron
Jessica U, Propietario at Hotel Casa de la Palma, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

Dear guest,

We appreciate your valuable comments. We are glad to know you were comfortable at Casa de la Palma. We also thank you for the additional comments about the improvements we can make, it is always a pleasure that our guests let us know about this. We will continue working hard to meet your expectations at all.
We hope to have you back at Casa de la Palma.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

We stumbled across this charming little Hotel while staying in Zihautanejo for the International Guitar Festival. We had originally been booked into another inexpensive downtown hotel, but we weren't happy with the accommodations and set out to find something more to our liking, bit within our lower price range. The Hotel Casa de la Palma was perfect! They had rooms available and we were able to move there the same day. The hotel is simple, but very charming and clearly run with love. Our room was cheerful and clean, with good air conditioning, and Jose went out of his way to make sure that we had what we needed for a pleasant stay. He even brought in a little mini-fridge for us so that we could have cold beer and water available. The small staff was lovely and friendly. The hotel also feels safe, with a security gate that is closed in the day and locked at night. You only need to ring the buzzer after hours and the night security man comes and lets you in. Despite being located in the centre of the town, it was quite quiet at night. The pool is small, but was very clean and refreshing on hot afternoons. I highly recommend this little hotel as a great, inexpensive place to stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: The higher rooms get a little more breeze if you want to open your windows.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jdeleeuw2017
Jessica U, Propietario at Hotel Casa de la Palma, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

Dear guest,

We all were touched by your formidable words, so far I can't find the right words to thank you for such a lovely review. As you realized, we serve with pleasure and love, we definitely value our guests satisfaction and we work hard and happily to improve day after day to meet your expectations.

Casa de la Palma staff appreciate your valuable comments.

We hope to welcome you very soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

We stayed at Hotel Casa de la Palma last week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Jose was a welcoming host and gave us many recommendations for our stay. The lobby is open 24 hours, so you can come and go as you please. The location is awesome, you can walk to all the shops and restaurants nearby. Our room was immaculate, we had a balcony overlooking the pool. I can't believe the incredible value for this hotel! We liked being in the heart of town, close to the market. The hotel is very secure. I am hoping to return soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank smilexpert

Dear guest,

I really enjoyed reading your formidable comments. Reviews like yours give us a good reason to love what we do and to always improve as much as we can.
Please receive regards from all the staff who is always pleased with these wonderful comments.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Last year I spent 2.5 months in this lovely hotel. This year I was able to come for only 1 month.
Same as last year I felt so welcomed and safe at Casa De La Palma.
The same manager, Jose, was there to greet me. I felt like I was being welcomed home.
They have been making even more improvements since last year. New artistic paint in my room, new shower faucet, new railings. Fresh paint all around the hotel. Vibrant plants and flowers.
Same as last year it is kept immaculately clean and even the pool is cleaned daily.
You couldn't ask for a more central location, a quick walk to whatever you are looking for.
Morning strolls down to the Town Market for fresh fruit plates and freshly squeezed juice are a great way to start the day.
Last year I was accompanied, this year I went alone. As a single female I felt completely safe.
I highly recommend this hotel. It is suitable for solo or family stays. Rooms go from budget to mid range depending on what size room you need and choose.
I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Choice depends on the size of your group.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Dear guest,

It is always a great pleasure to know our guests are becoming part of Casa de la Palma's family. Please receive regards and gratitude from all the staff.
Remember this place will be always your home and we hope we can surprise you every time you decide to come back for a short or a long stay.

We hope to welcome you very soon.

Best regards from all the staff who already miss you!

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Staying here is a city experience. Ordinary Mexicans going about their everyday activities. Dogs curled up asleep on the pavement in the heat of the day. Around the corner are fruit stands, plucked chickens, and bakeries. Staff at Hotel Casa de la Palmas are helpful and kind. There's a terrace on the roof to sit and a hammock for an afternoon nap. The ac in my room worked well but was pretty noisy. The wifi is good except early in the morning till about 9 am. At night I could hear dogs barking and trucks making deliveries in the early morning. The walk to Madera Beach along a boardwalk is about 15 minutes. The hotel is too far to hear the crash of ocean waves or the twitter of little birds. Still I enjoyed the City adventure.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank trvhapi

Dear guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to describe your experience at Casa de la Palma. We hope you felt this hotel as comfortable as your own home. Unfortunately, the air conditioning in your room is the only one left behind, we already got modern ones which do not make any noise at all. Please, if there is second visit to our hotel and you are not comfortable with something let us know and feel confident to ask for another room, one that fullfill all your expectations. We hope to have you back soon!