“Delicious dinners”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2017

My husband and I went on the recommendation of some other tourists in our building and thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the service. I had the grilled fish of the day which the waiter said was Dorada (bream). It was cooked perfectly and presented on a bed of sauted red & yellow peppers & onion which were described as sweet and sour but neither flavour was predominate, just a wonderful blend. Along side were some quartered potatoes and diagonally across the plate was a green sauce laced with something very dark, maybe mole? The presentation was lovely - great meal. My husband had the homemade ravioli with spinach and ricotta with tomato sauce (pesto sauce is another option that our friend said was the best pesto ever). I had one of his ravioli and is was excellent. We didn't have starters but did share a bottle of water and both had a glass of wine - with tip our bill was $600 pesos. Upon leaving the owner stopped us to ask how we enjoyed everything and she's such a warm person I wanted to give her a hug! Hope we get back there before we leave, if not, next year for sure. PS I was so anxious to dig in I forgot to take a picture of my plate darn. Also, it's getting popular so make a reservation if you're going later. We got there at 6 without one and it filled up quickly.

2  Thank squeaky_suki

Reviewed 15 November 2016

We've been to Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo about 5 times before, but have never been to La Vita 'e Bella. After hearing about it from others at the condo where we are staying, we decided to go there last night for my birthday dinner. The setting is really nice, the service was great and the food was wonderful !!! Three of us had variations of the Fresh Made Pasta - delicious. The fourth meal was pork tenderloin - also delicious. Dessert was too much, but we since it was a celebration we had some. The Owner, who had been out previously to check on us, now came back with our waiter to serve dessert and sing Happy Birthday in Italian to me! A wonderful evening with good value. We will be back to try the many other dishes they have on their menu.

22  Thank LCB1234
Reviewed 2 June 2016

This is a charming restaurant with outdoor seating, lovely food, terrific service and the most welcoming hostess in all of Mexico.

13  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

From the welcome from the hostess to the last sip of our cappuccino, this was a wonderful dinner. The pasta was made fresh, the ingredients worked well and the overall experience was both relaxing and fulfilling. A definite go to spot if you are looking for a taste of Italy. We will be back!

12  Thank Doug J
Reviewed 26 December 2015

The pasta is anything but fresh; the pesto sauce is old and oily and does not taste like basil. The stuffing in the ravioli is not much and it's tasteless. And when you finish you have to wait at least 40 minutes for the bill. Don't eat here!