Embarc Zihuatanejo
Aura del Mar Hotel(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$110
  • Pool
Barcelo Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
US$234
US$169
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

Villa del Sol Resort(Zihuatanejo)
US$339
Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$152
Bookit.com
Tentaciones Hotel(Zihuatanejo)
US$196
Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
US$344
US$289
US$194
US$171
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

US$210
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific(Ixtapa)
US$357
clubmed.us
Casa Cuitlateca(Zihuatanejo)
US$969
Orbitz.com
All reviewsclub intrawestsurf clubdip poolil mareoutdoor showercooking classplaya la ropatwo bedroom unitbeautiful resortswim up barlounge chairssmall kitchenjungle pizzaclub membersfull bathroomsconstruction noisewelcome home
Reviewed 15 June 2016

My husband and I stayed at Club Intrawest May28-June4. We were in 103 1 bedroom suite with a balance with extra large lounge chair as well as a table and chairs for having wine, coffee breakfast etc. We has a partial view, the room was walked not too far from the restaurant, pool and beach. Used the golf cart at the end of the day to head back up to the room.This place was amazing, the rooms were beautifully appointed and the customer service was amazing. Alma the front desk supervisor was so very helpful, Celso and Luis always had a smile on their face. This was a mini paradise. Mario the chef at the on site restaurant is truly talented and the food was delicious. Ate there a couple of times and at the local restaurants in town. We did the cooking class with Mario which started with a trip to the local market which was an immersion into the local culture.Alos went to Mass at Our Lady of Guadeloupe church and also visited Barra de Potosi a near by town. There is a lady whose name is Laura Kelly who helped start a library for the local kids where they can get help with their homework as well as learn about all sorts of wonderful things; they do arts and crafts. We took some supplies for them that would be helpful for their projects. The grounds were well kept, the pool with the swim up bar had a "happy hour" every afternoon. This was probably the most relaxing vacation that I have ever been on and we can't wait to go back.

1  Thank TRININVA
Reviewed 11 June 2016

We have just returned from a week at Embarc (formerly Club Intrawest) in beautiful Zihuatanejo, and we miss it already. This was our first trip to Zihua. We were interested in a more authentic Mexican trip than one of the regular tourist spots, and Zihuatanejo delivered. We booked our room through our Hilton Grand Vacation club. Sadly, the relationship between Hilton and this resort was terminated when Embarc purchased Club Intrawest. I really hope that a new partnership is formed since we would love to go back. I read many, many reviews before we left, and I was apprehensive about the resort, but all my worries were for naught. Many reviewers obsessed about the stairs at the resort. I had imagined a multitude of steep steps straight up the mountain. This was not the case. Yes, there are steps, but they are combined with a winding pathway that is large enough for the golf cart (or "limo" as they call it) to drive through the buildings. So, it amounts to climbing a few flights then walking around the path, then a few more flights. It would be difficult if someone had physical limitations, but I made it fine, and I'm not an athlete by anyone's standards. I also worried about the room. Several reviewers commented about rooms being dark, or their room being in a bad location. I suppose this could be a problem, but this property only has 75 rooms. The resort is designed to allow the best possible view from each of these. There may be a room or two that are not the "BEST", but I cannot imagine that there are many rooms that would disappoint normal travelers. In fact, we asked to see other rooms while we were there. We were staying in a two bedroom (705--WONDERFUL btw), but we wanted to see a suite, a one bedroom, and a three bedroom to consider for future travel. All of the rooms that we toured were fabulous. I do not use that word lightly. I'm talking magnificent views of the bay from wide verandas, private plunge pools, hammocks for lazy mornings, and spacious rooms that were decorated with authentic Mexican decor. I was also concerned about the mosquitoes that several had mentioned. I imagine this would greatly depend upon the season. We were there in June, and it wasn't a problem. We were careful to close our doors in the afternoon so mosquitoes would not come in. I think travelers need to remember that they are in a tropical country--bugs happen there. No one can do anything about it. Now for the service--all of the employees were SO friendly. They were very interested in seeing to any need. I especially miss sweet Alfredo who kept us very happy with tangerine margaritas on the beach!! The restaurant there is good. We took a cooking class with Chef Mario. He took us to the market and taught us how to choose and purchase food there. Then we went back to the restaurant where we made several delicious dishes. It was a treat for my family. Some of our other favorite activities were massages on the beach (10$ for an hour! Go to the first cabana and ask for Alisa--trust me!), swimming with the dolphins at Delfiniti (see my review), and a fishing/snorkeling tour we took for 180.00 TOTAL. We booked the tour with the group on the beach that rents kayaks and paddle boards. There are affiliated with Amado's restaurant on Los Gatos beach. We left at 8:00, fished for two hours, snorkeled for two hours, and then the captain took us to Amado's restaurant where they cooked our catch for us. It was a great time for all! We also enjoyed walking around Zihua and absorbing the culture. I would highly recommend a trip to Zihua and a stay at Embarc!

Room Tip: I would shoot for a room near the level of the restaurant--quick access to both reception (where you get taxis) and the pool and beach.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank Tina S
Reviewed 8 June 2016

Room was awesome. The food was impeccable. The beach and pool was beyond compare. But what really made the trip was the staff, Eloy, Celso, Renne, Louis, Francisco, and all the others supporting them. We had a great week. Prepare for steps. Happy hour was great. Would like to have seen some later hours. The management treated us numerous times daily. We look forward to going back.

Room Tip: Prepare for steps, but golf carts are available.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Shpd
Reviewed 30 May 2016

We visited in low season. Had the best food ( gourmet presentation). Room was quiet #506. A lot of steps however we enjoyed the work out. Staff couldn't be better!! Most spoke great English. I needed a dentist and they made an appointment for one in town- he was great and very inexpensive too. Marie is the manager- Wow they are lucky to have her...hands on and open door accessible. Went to the cooking class- really enjoyed. Went to other excursions booked through the facility also very good. Bring peso's- to use in town etc it is preferred over dollars.

Room Tip: room #506 didn't have a view, however it was cool, quite and half way from pool and restaurant.
2  Thank beachgoers10
Reviewed 27 May 2016

My husband and I spent a week at Club Intrawest (May 14-21) and loved every minute of it. Our room (517) was amazing. as much outside space as inside space to enjoy. Magnificent view. We were told we would only have WiFi access on our balcony and in the publix areas but we had it inside as well.

I wanted to address some complaints that i read in several reviews. I read many complaints of inefficient A/C but we found that to be far from true. We used both of our ceiling fans and kept our doors closed but our blinds open and sleeping temperatures in the evening were perfectly comfortable. The bed is dressed with a sheet and light cotton blanket and we found that to be exactly what we needed. I also saw some complaints about mosquitos in the room because of the gaps at the bottom of the door. We had zero bugs in our room other than a few tiny ant type bugs that would meander onto the bathroom counter occasionally. The most ridiculous complaint i read was of the noise of the ocean waves. I found this to be quite absurd. Yes, there were times when the noise of the waves would get really loud and actually stir me from sleep, but there is nothing quite like going to sleep to the sound of the ocean. If you are choosing to stay at a beachfront hotel, that's the risk you take. You could probably request a room on the back side of the property but then you lose the amazing view.

We played it conservatively and chose to eat at Acopio, the onsite restaurant, the majority of the time we were on vacation. The food and service was outstanding. We felt we had some legitimate mexican food without leaving property. Specifically we enjoyed the Tortilla Soup, the Chicken Mole, the breakfast tacos and the banana pancakes. my only request would be adding the option of caffe de olla for a breakfast drink. We felt the prices to be more than reasonable, especially for an onsite restaurant.

As for the pool and beach, i read complaints about saved seats and limited seating but again, we found that to be anything but true. Perhaps we were there on a slow week, but we never had a hard time finding chairs and generally we had our pick of wherever we wanted to be. We usually chose the beach because it was cooler than the pool deck. we loved the option to sit in the shade of the mangrove trees or the tiki huts rather than the bright sun. Each morning we watched the staff cleaning and sifting the sand to keep it incredible clean. Overall the meticulous attention to the grounds and property was impressive. Daily mopping/sweeping of walkways and patios, vacuuming both pools, watering plants etc was noted.

We did the cooking class with Chef Mario on Wednesday and thoroughly enjoyed our educational trip to the market as well as the cooking and our food. I highly recommend it.

The front desk staff/bellmen were friendly and gracious and always willing to help. Their english was excellent yet they were tolerable of my really bad spanish attempts.

I only really have 2 complaints about our stay: 1) the bar service pool side tended to be a little iffy, especially around opening time. And it sometimes took some time for them to make it to the beachside for service. Once they knew we were down there they took great care of us though! The other complaint is that the bar and the store both closed at 6 pm. I think they do it to keep a more quiet and serene environment, having the store open later would have been nice to go grab a water for the room after a day at the beach.

Room Tip: Room 517 has a GREAT view. Unobstructed view of the ocean.
2  Thank mom2snk
ClubIntrawest, General Manager at Embarc Zihuatanejo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2016

Thank you so very much for your great review. Seeing our newly Named Club through your eyes was so refreshing. We agree totally and some times forget to stop and enjoy how truly wonderful this little piece of Paradise is.
Tomorrow at our daily briefing we will share your kind words and also your comments where we could improve a bit.
Again Muchas Gracias and we look forward to your next visit.
Yours in hospitality