All reviews villa guadalupe killer view playa la ropa infinity pool guest rooms our honeymoon comfortable beds candelaria espada suite madera ocean mexico
Reviewed 4 March 2016

My wife and I stayed again this year and it was even better than last year. Restaurant Espuma upstairs has reopened with a Mediterranean style, a new chef, and a new manager (Rossana) who also manages Villa Guadalupe. Rossana is doing wonders for both places.

Villa Guadalupe is still operated more as a rental than a hotel but you can pay extra for additional housekeeping visits and they will do grocery shopping for you but no breakfast or meals are served. (Of course Espuma is right upstairs for dinner at least and when the bar opens after 3PM you can go upstairs to get a drink or a glass or bottle of wine.)

The facility is well maintained and the service was super friendly and helpful.

I made a new video as a follow up to my previous one from a few years ago. If you want to see it go to YouTube and search for "Villa Guadalupe Revealed".

If you haven't seen the original video "Villa Guadalupe Surprise" from 5 years ago you can search for that name on YouTube also.

I apologize for little glitches in both videos but I hope you will find them useful nonetheless.

Please note that I am in no way affiliated with this property and am not acting as their agent. I just like the place and felt these videos would be useful for travelers much as photos do.

Room Tip: Wifi is only in pool/terrace area, spotty or inaccessible in rooms. Seaside room is most romantic, but master suite room is huge.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZihuaMitch
Reviewed 8 March 2015

We stayed for 9 nights at Villa Guadalupe which is now operated as a rental instead of as a hotel. It's still just as beautiful as in the past. The master suite is really an unmatched luxury for the price. The owner also operates the beautiful Tentaciones Hotel and Lounge Bar/Restaurant which we also recommend.

Room Tip: wifi only reaches to the master suite (barely) and would not reach the lowest room on the property
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZihuaMitch
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My husband,adult daughter,and I just returned from a dreamy trip to Zihuatanejo,while staying at Villa Guadelupe. Prior to our arrival, I had ironed out some special requests and trip details with the ever-gracious Daniel.Upon arrival and during our stay, all requests were fulfilled.
We love the property as it is very understated...only 3 suites(plus a bonus "nanny" room) which cannot be seen from the street(where Espuma Restaurant is).The suites are staggered down the hill,with breath-taking views of Zihuatanejo Bay and the ocean beyond.We stayed in Lilia Candelaria,the biggest,which was the closest to the top and was 67 steps down,thus giving you an idea of the incline. Our daughter stayed in Maria de Lourdes,the suite closest to the water,which is on the small side but has 2 very private terraces.Others are correct...the sound of the crashing waves is very prevalent,but we loved it.
Breakfast and taxes are included in the fare,which is a BIG bonus. The breakfast is served on the private patio(exclusive to the 3 suites)again overlooking the magnificent bay, fishing pier and nearby beach. Fresh fruit, yogurt,granola,fresh breads and delicious coffee along with freshly squeezed OJ. Upon returning to our suites at the end of the day, our beds were adorned with whimsical designs made from fresh bourgainvilla petals. I'll reveal no more,other than to say that I wanted to take the staff home with me. Dante was wonderful from early morning to late afternoon,and always accomodating in his charming way. Audi,the housekeeper,always with a smile,took care of our rooms including those wonderful floral designs.Daniel, as mentioned previously,oversaw everything and did a fantastic job.
As a family,it's not easy to get away at the same time so having our vacation worry-free was such a plus. The hotel is wonderful and while situated on the water,there is no beach. It is a short walk to Playa de Ropa,but a steep climb upon return. Danielle arranged for us to spend one day at nearby Las Palmas resort, which was wonderful. All in all, our trip was a memorable one.

Room Tip: While we did not stay in Ava Maria, it is lovely. It has less sunlight than the others but has 2 beds actually.Lilia Candelaria is the biggest suite with an equally large bathroom. Maria de Lourdes,the lowest suite,is smallish,but equally charming.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sara M
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Love Villa Guadalupe. The staff is wonderful. Have stayed there may times. We always stay in the room closest to the ocean. Yes the room is small but we love it. It feels like it is our very own, lots of privacy and beautiful entry. If you are very tall the room just above this is a better choice.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My wife and I just returned from our first trip to Zihuatanejo and were very pleased with everything and will definitely go back. The service from Axel and the rest of the staff was impeccable and were made to feel very welcome and right at home. We found November a great time to go as the weather was perfect yet the busy season hadn't started yet and so we had the hotels, restaurants, beaches to ourselves plus the prices were much more affordable. I'd recommend this hotel as long as you can use the pool at the sister property, Tentaciones, or if you'd prefer to lay on the beach which is only about a 5 minute walk so not a huge deal.

Also, definitely go for the bigger room if its available as ours was pretty small and while it offered a fantastic view just above the crashing waves, this actually made it hard to sleep at night. I know many people probably pay extra to be near the waves so while this was a negative for us, others might prefer it.

Room Tip: One of the rooms is much larger than the others so ask for this if its available. The smallest room closest to the water has loud crashing of waves at night so be prepared for that if you want that room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple